Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Loc: Flag
If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics
    #15118310 - 09/22/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What trip report would you make him/her read first ? This is my situation right now, a friend of mine asked me to send him a few links so he could understand a bit more what it's all about. And I'm not talking about a 3 pages long TR full of fancy words, something easy to understand for someone who barely knows what DMT is.

If I could feed him some LSD I would do it but we currently live in different countries, and no need to tell me to check Erowid, I just want different opinions :wink:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: Constantine]
    #15118333 - 09/22/11 05:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Go into it blind with a bit of a heads up.

Meaning tell him what you can explore but not in detail.

At least that's how i went into it. actually when i first starting doing it I never thought to really explore the mind it was just more fun than anything. It actually got more interesting when i started closing my eyes and listening to music.

OfflineAdolin
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA Flag
Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: 4runner]
    #15118347 - 09/22/11 05:13 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Im also interested in some peoples favorite trip reports. I havnt read enough to really know

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

#15118381 - 09/22/11 05:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:

At least that's how i went into it. actually when i first starting doing it I never thought to really explore the mind it was just more fun than anything. It actually got more interesting when i started closing my eyes and listening to music.

That's the problem, my friend does not have a clue about psychedelics, he barely knows what acid is so I can't really him to trip on whatever he finds.

I'm sure you all know how these feelings can't be put into words, the best you can do is to start explaining how words don't do justice for this kind of experience, I just don't want to give him the wrong idea :shrug:

--------------------

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#15118397 - 09/22/11 05:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Constantine said:
Quote:

anunnakian said:

That's the problem, my friend does not have a clue about psychedelics, he barely knows what acid is so I can't really him to trip on anything he finds.

I'm sure you all know how these feelings can't be put into words, the best you can do is to start explaining how words don't do justice for this kind of experience, I just don't want to give him the wrong idea :shrug:

I would caution against reading too much into it.
Its easier to start out and explore and learn yourself than reading what others have written and trying to assimilate that into your own experience.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

InvisiblePsillySighBen
FUCKSWAG
 User Gallery

Loc: FUCKSWAG
    #15118412 - 09/22/11 05:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Terence Mckenna lectures on youtube? Have him watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"  :confused2:

--------------------
:alert: Any personal or non-personal information related by myself to anyone on this site is beyond doubt, 100% fictional and should not be taken as truth :alert:

:psychsplit:Keep on Goan:psychsplit:
*BOOM*www.psychedelik.com*BOOM*
I still need to try PCP :trippinballs:

:vegan:

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: PsillySighBen]
    #15118440 - 09/22/11 05:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Really, "fear and loathing" :confused:

OfflineDevlish2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loc: The Astral Realm 16,376AD
    #15118461 - 09/22/11 05:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I don't introduce people to drugs. If they want it, they can find it.

--------------------
[]
Space is the place

OfflineBigBolete
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: PsillySighBen]
    #15118519 - 09/22/11 05:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grifterofease said:
Have him watch "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"  :confused2:

lol fuck that. You'd put him off forever.

Dont tell him shit, in my experience, people always focus on the negative side. i.e. 'i wont do it cos i think i mihgt have a bad trip'

Tell him its ace stick a tab in his mouth and let him find out.

OfflineConstantine
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm a teapot

Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: Devlish2]
    #15118529 - 09/22/11 05:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Devlish2 said:
I don't introduce people to drugs. If they want it, they can find it.

How do you expect people to change their opinion about drugs if you don't educate them about it ? They aren't going to do it by themselves, someone who thinks acid makes holes in your brain will see it as an evil drug, they won't try to find some to make their own experience, they'll just believe the bullshit they're fed on TV.

Did you discover drugs all by yourself ? Even if so, I'm sure most people on this forum were introduced to psychedelics by people who themselves were psychedelic users :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineUzziel
O_o

#15118562 - 09/22/11 05:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone with half a brain can debunk stupid myths like "does acid put holes in your brain".

I would not introduce anyone to a drug unless they were interested. I would definitely introdue them to molly and LSD, probably both at the same time in moderate doses.

Nothing better than giving a first timer a hit or two of LSD and 120mg MDMA....  :thumbup:

My first time was with both of them and I can't think of a better way to introduce someone. It's the bees knees.

Invisibledrr
Female
    #15118576 - 09/22/11 05:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DMT:
(with 100 mg, smoked) "As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light, expanding, expanding, expanding, faster and faster until I have become so large that I no longer exist -- my speed is so great that everything has come to a stop -- here I gaze upon the entire universe."

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml

OfflineDevlish2
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Loc: The Astral Realm 16,376AD
    #15118610 - 09/22/11 05:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh shit, I didn't even read the OP :lol: Sorry. Tell him to google it up and extract the shit if he wants to experience it.

--------------------
[]
Space is the place

InvisibleLegend
RIP Sasha
Male

Loc: TX Flag
    #15118629 - 09/22/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:

this. i feel like i would have been a lot better off if i hadn't of researched as much before hand.

--------------------
No sympathy for the devil, keep that in mind.
[url=
]Buy the ticket, take the ride. [/url]
Are you lost?

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: Legend]
    #15118692 - 09/22/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's been awhile since I've read any trip reports
but I'd check OMR's journal

--------------------

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

#15118705 - 09/22/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Constantine said:

Did you discover drugs all by yourself ? Even if so, I'm sure most people on this forum were introduced to psychedelics by people who themselves were psychedelic users :shrug:

Well the first time I did LSD was back in '91. All I new is you would hallucinate, trip, laugh.
And the friends I got it from where long haired "rockers" so no, I had no idea other than it will be fun. I then kicked it with two people I hardly knew and one friend who knew them. Went to some guys house 30 miles away. Heard Primus for the first time watched cartoons and kicked back for a couple hours then went to a coliseum size concert consisting Slayer, Anthrax, Megadeth and Alice and Chains. That was one of the funnest times I ever had.

So, in my opinion going into it kind of blind, at least with my mind was a great thing.

I know you where bringing up another point to another person but I felt that little story fit.

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #15118771 - 09/22/11 06:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:

I agree with anunnakian, that is how it was for me.  I find it interesting how much the internet has such an influence on everything.  The first time that I tried psychedelics there was no erowid.  At that time if you wanted to read a trip report, it was written by Aldous Huxley, Hunter Thompson, Terrence Mckenna, etc.  But, I didn't know about them until after I my first time. IMO many trip reports are poorly written and a waste of time.  It is great to discover things on ones own.

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #15118806 - 09/22/11 06:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't give a noob any trip reports to read. I would just try to answer his questions about my experiences. It's all so subjective that trip reports don't come anywhere close to setting up reasonable expectations.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Offlinestimpson
a superhero buddha
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny
Re: If you were to introduce a noob to psychedelics [Re: drr]
    #15118931 - 09/22/11 06:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

drr said:
Quote:

DMT:
(with 100 mg, smoked) "As I exhaled I became terribly afraid, my heart very rapid and strong, palms sweating. A terrible sense of dread and doom filled me -- I knew what was happening, I knew I couldn't stop it, but it was so devastating; I was being destroyed -- all that was familiar, all reference points, all identity -- all viciously shattered in a few seconds. I couldn't even mourn the loss -- there was no one left to do the mourning. Up, up, out, out, eyes closed, I am at the speed of light, expanding, expanding, expanding, faster and faster until I have become so large that I no longer exist -- my speed is so great that everything has come to a stop -- here I gaze upon the entire universe."

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/pihkal/pihkal.shtml

kkkrrrrhhggttttt
it's just personal drama anyway.  if you think it's cool to get destroyed that's prolly what will happen.  if you think it's cool to see puff the magic dragon crawling around in the trees, that's what yor gonna see.

just tell him it's like being 3 years old again for a little while.

--------------------
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhmmmm... ... ...

ok.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom