Home | Community | Message Board


Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Registered: 09/20/05
Posts: 8,662
Last seen: 2 days, 12 hours
Socialism in civil rights movements
    #15117327 - 09/22/11 03:44 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

What do you make of the role of socialist and communist philosophy in the various civil rights movements of the past century and change, particularly those of women and African Americans?  Was the strong element of socialism present in these movements superfluous to the social changes in which they resulted?


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
Registered: 08/06/11
Posts: 2,368
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: Lion]
    #15117494 - 09/22/11 04:19 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you present us with what you think first.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Registered: 11/29/01
Posts: 34,245
Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: dtowntoker]
    #15117508 - 09/22/11 04:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Because he's writing a paper, and is looking for the easy path.


--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineJryan
The Thinker
Male

Registered: 07/30/11
Posts: 1,144
Last seen: 9 years, 3 months
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15118023 - 09/22/11 06:12 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Because he's writing a paper, and is looking for the easy path.



lol, nice one.


--------------------
Keep Questioning those belifes!


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole


Registered: 02/11/04
Posts: 81,741
Loc: Fractallife's gym
Last seen: 4 years, 11 months
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15118827 - 09/22/11 08:21 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Because he's writing a paper, and is looking for the easy path.



I think this is correct but I'm also giving it careful consideration.  It is an excellent question and I have no intention of giving it short shrift.


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery


Registered: 09/15/04
Posts: 16,337
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: zappaisgod]
    #15119125 - 09/22/11 09:10 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I think socialism fundamentally takes away some peoples rights while elevating others rights.

i dont think anyone should have a right to the fruit of anothers labours and enforce it with violent armed individuals.

socialism goes against the human right to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

people should want to volentarly share if they have excess.

this is how many old communities and people like the mennonites and omish can self sustain.

everyone volentarly does each other favors because its more efficient to have certain people for certain jobs.

everyone does favors and shares in good faith and make up for favors by returning them.

if you dont want to do that you can leave, and theres no one there with guns to force you.

I think if there were a totally free market, volentary co opts of all kinds could spring up and be more efficient for their members.


--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibledtowntoker
gimme a spliff
Registered: 08/06/11
Posts: 2,368
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: Shins]
    #15119377 - 09/22/11 09:47 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shins said:
I think socialism fundamentally takes away some peoples rights while elevating others rights.

i dont think anyone should have a right to the fruit of anothers labours and enforce it with violent armed individuals.

socialism goes against the human right to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

people should want to volentarly share if they have excess.

this is how many old communities and people like the mennonites and omish can self sustain.

everyone volentarly does each other favors because its more efficient to have certain people for certain jobs.

everyone does favors and shares in good faith and make up for favors by returning them.

if you dont want to do that you can leave, and theres no one there with guns to force you.

I think if there were a totally free market, volentary co opts of all kinds could spring up and be more efficient for their members.



Quote:

Shins said:
I think socialism fundamentally takes away some peoples rights while elevating others rights.

i dont think anyone should have a right to the fruit of anothers labours and enforce it with violent armed individuals.

socialism goes against the human right to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

people should want to volentarly share if they have excess.

this is how many old communities and people like the mennonites and omish can self sustain.

everyone volentarly does each other favors because its more efficient to have certain people for certain jobs.

everyone does favors and shares in good faith and make up for favors by returning them.

if you dont want to do that you can leave, and theres no one there with guns to force you.

I think if there were a totally free market, volentary co opts of all kinds could spring up and be more efficient for their members.





Ya, it's a human right. :laugh2:


--------------------


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Registered: 09/20/05
Posts: 8,662
Last seen: 2 days, 12 hours
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15119619 - 09/22/11 10:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Because he's writing a paper, and is looking for the easy path.


Nope, already graduated from college (where I wrote plenty of papers taking a stance on stuff like this without really knowing what I was talking about). :grin:  I didn't express a view because I'm not especially educated on the subject, and want to hear what more knowledgeable people have to say.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male


Registered: 03/12/02
Posts: 24,855
Loc: Pandurn
Last seen: 1 year, 1 month
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #15121129 - 09/23/11 04:47 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

luvdemshrooms said:
Because he's writing a paper, and is looking for the easy path.




Therefore a good way to get your ideas passed along. :wink:


--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecommuneart
 User Gallery

Registered: 12/04/06
Posts: 1,021
Loc: Flag
Last seen: 9 years, 1 month
Re: Socialism in civil rights movements [Re: fireworks_god]
    #15122042 - 09/23/11 12:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think socialism fundamentally takes away some peoples rights while elevating others rights.

i dont think anyone should have a right to the fruit of anothers labours and enforce it with violent armed individuals.

socialism goes against the human right to enjoy the fruit of your labour.

people should want to volentarly share if they have excess.

this is how many old communities and people like the mennonites and omish can self sustain.

everyone volentarly does each other favors because its more efficient to have certain people for certain jobs.

everyone does favors and shares in good faith and make up for favors by returning them.

if you dont want to do that you can leave, and theres no one there with guns to force you.

I think if there were a totally free market, volentary co opts of all kinds could spring up and be more efficient for their members.




a totally free market would never do that. communities and people like the mennonites and amish have strict lifestyle,values they are used to. Put a totally free market in a society where think big, live fast,die young are national virtues and you are bound to have a major disaster. This free market society, where the idea of political parties receiving any money is not contested no matter how it blatantly favors those who happen to have this thing 'money' in abundance. Oligarchs will always dominate under a free-market without a strong ruler, in fact one could say liberals and conservatives are just branch of the oligarch's world view.


Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Join the Int'l Movement to DEMAND Inquiry into 9-1
( 1 2 all )
YouInfoIt 5,247 31 01/01/02 03:24 AM
by Phred
* Wrong Answer to Victim's Rights silversoul7 455 3 04/04/03 01:58 PM
by Revelation
* Unhappy about FBI's new automomy? PGF 749 3 06/05/02 08:46 PM
by PGF
* Doomed
( 1 2 all )
Lenore 2,335 21 08/24/01 06:20 AM
by madscientist
* Police shoot demonstrators mm. 2,353 15 10/12/18 08:26 PM
by christopera
* To All Americans Who Hate America
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
Anonymous 13,183 155 12/19/02 01:29 PM
by Evolving
* The Clinton Legacy is 9/11/01.
( 1 2 all )
Ellis Dee 4,278 24 02/14/02 10:28 PM
by PGF
* mushrooms legalized? Anonymous 2,079 17 02/24/03 05:43 AM
by Annapurna1

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
380 topic views. 2 members, 0 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Print Topic ]
Search this thread:
Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Copyright 1997-2021 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.