Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Wild Oyster clone success!
    #15091744 - 09/17/11 12:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I collected this clone from a wild fruitbody found in Arkansas last April.  I grew it on agar, then slant, agar, grain, straw.  It took 15 days from spawning to pasteurized straw to reach these fruits.  I am very happy with the performance for a wild strain.  Temps were around 76F during colonization and fruiting.  Humidity was maintained with clear plastic bag draped over the bucket.  Lots more to fruit and more spawn almost ready!

Trout

--------------------
I need tropical cultures, ABM, V.v....!!!!

Well things don't always look as they are and things can be misread and mistaken for what they realy are so don't read too much into what I say since I might be mistaken myself. And remember I rarely ever give a definate answer.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemikesethnobotany
Man
Male

Loc: Missouri, USA
Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: trout]
    #15091760 - 09/17/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Looking very good!! I am surprised at the fruiting of this wild strain! Ya never no what your gunna get

I guess this makes you a:
:winner:

InvisibleEvilMushroom666
Heretic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #15091762 - 09/17/11 12:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Beautiful fruits and GREAT job :congrats:

Looks like you have captured a nice strong specimen.

InvisibleToni L
Amateur
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: EvilMushroom666]
    #15091882 - 09/17/11 01:29 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:murray:  is what we want to see!!

:congrats: good job sir.

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: Toni L]
    #15091999 - 09/17/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks Guys!  If you notice the hole in the middle, well I should have let them mature also bc I picked another identical cluster a day early or there would have been three.  I picked the bucket below at the same time not knowing they were going to get so large.  I am very excited to try this culture on some other subs. and see what I get.

Trout

--------------------

Well things don't always look as they are and things can be misread and mistaken for what they realy are so don't read too much into what I say since I might be mistaken myself. And remember I rarely ever give a definate answer.

Offlinehyperjump69
Papa Snatchy
Male

Loc: Shakedown Street Flag
    #15092355 - 09/17/11 03:55 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:cheers:

HELL YEAH! Good job, bro! I'm getting interested in edibles myself. Especially Reishi. Just because of the medicinal and healing properties. Never tasted oysters, but would love too one day.

As a businessman, it only seems logical to start another business from this science. Take care.

:peace:

--------------------
This link will drive you NUTS-------> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKYw0XJfzO4&feature=BFa&list=LLimI46qikD80&index=4

Sorry I don't conform to your idea of reality. Now go away before I bitch-slap you.

Offlinekelfio
adventure farmer
Female User Gallery

Loc: appalachia
Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: hyperjump69]
    #15101651 - 09/19/11 03:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Great job cloning some wild oysters!

I'm working on a project to clone native/wild oysters that have been found fruiting throughout the year under various temperature and weather conditions. My idea is that if I can clone an oyster that was naturally fruiting outside when it was 90 degrees F, then I have a great warm weather strain that I can fruit in the summer without A/C. I've had friends find oysters fruiting outside in December and January when temps are below freezing at night and around 40-50F in the daytime, so any of those would make a great cold weather strain. The building I use for growing doesn't have a whole lot of insulation and heating/cooling is super expensive. I'm motivated by the idea that with this work I may be able to grow oysters more cheaply! I think with this approach you might also be able to find oysters that are tolerant of moisture and humidity variations.

Anyways, good job with your project. I know how hard it is to get wild oysters cloned with all the crazy bugs, maggots, bacteria, and molds that are out there. Congrats!

Invisibleife
Stranger Danger
 User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: kelfio]
    #15101853 - 09/19/11 04:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow they is .... not small

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: ife]
    #15103069 - 09/19/11 08:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Kelfio  I like your thinking.  That was part of my plan with this clone.  I found it when the weather was just warming up and there was still a little frost at night.  My thoughts were that I could fruit it outdoors all winter in Texas.  Well it is proving to be very adaptable and fruited in much warmer temps, around 72-78 if not a little higher at times.  It may prove that wild strains can still outperform domesticated ones. 

I have another set of buckets(spawned on 9/8) pinning right now and expect a second flush from the first set soon.  I will try to post pics of these when they mature and this time I will let all of them mature.

Trout

--------------------

Offlineneriwa
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15114649 - 09/21/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

How bout a tissue culture of that mighty fine strong specimen?  I got a wild rieshi culture i took this year i could trade you.

Offlineltetr085
Not a Robot

Loc: QC
Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: neriwa]
    #15117896 - 09/22/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like your buckets.  There's a company here in Québec that grows oysters with those.

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: ltetr085]
    #15118658 - 09/22/11 05:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

They are working out well so far.  I have a few other ideas for oysters that I will play with this winter, but the buckets are free, and reusable so I like them.  Cleaning is a bit of a pain but not too bad.

The bucket with the big flush has not pined again yet but the one below it has a nice second flush about ready to pick.  I have picked about 5lbs+ so far from these 8 buckets, most are on there first flush and I expect 3 flushes per bucket.

Trout

--------------------

OfflineTortiose
Hidden in plain sight
Male User Gallery

#15124765 - 09/23/11 08:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, never mind my pm trout. (stoner) I for some reason thought this was an old thread, dummy.
Looking good! Where abouts in Arkansas did you find the specimen?  Looking forward to see your progress.

--------------------
Slow and steady wins the race....

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: Tortiose]
    #15124945 - 09/23/11 09:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

North central Arkansas

--------------------

Offlinecurry
Stranger
 User Gallery

#15125434 - 09/23/11 11:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

trout... I know you gotta be from around Mountain Home... fly fisherman and all.  Maybe Cotter.  I loved fishing the White river, and Bull Shoals.  I lived there for 10 years, until moving recently.  I just wish I was into mushrooms when I was there.  I'm jealous you can collect wild oyster samples... good job.

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Oyster clone success! [Re: curry]
    #15126264 - 09/24/11 06:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yup, and thanks Curry, I live in Texas now but I still get up there regularly. Just picked a huge cluster from another bucket and two little ones.  I will have to start giving them away now, I dont sell any yet.  I have a paper grocery sack half full in the fridge and we have been eating them every meal for days.  Finaly!!

Trout

--------------------

Offlinetrout
Flyfisherman
Male User Gallery

#15128524 - 09/24/11 05:00 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here are some pics of a second flush from a different bucket of the same strain.  If you look close you can see that I waited just until spores began falling,  they look like smoke coming off these.  The next ones I will pick slightly sooner. 

--------------------

Offlinejohn-hai
oyster lover
Male

Loc: san jose ca
    #15129586 - 09/24/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

WOW!!!!!  that is a good camera trout.  i see the spore that you are talking about. hope you are saving spore and tissue clone for later use.  good grow trout, thanks for sharing.

john

--------------------
3 rules i use to grow mushroom

#1  local material

#2  recycle when possible

#3  make it simple

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag