Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome.
    #15110254 - 09/21/11 01:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So i am trying mycology for the first time after some thought and consideration, so here we go.... I ordered some Albino A+ and got a free syringe of Mazatapec which are both  Cubensis strains, i am going by the pf tek method as was decribed good for noobs. i followed the "Lets grow mushrooms" video guide, so far i have inoculated 6, 1/2 pint jars, 3 regular mouth kerr, and 3 wide mouth kerr, the reason i inoculated 2 different types of jars was because i had only regular mouth at first and after mixed info on weather those would work or not, i became unclear and wasnt sure if this jar would be sufficient enough? so i figure ill let you guys answer.
So because i was skeptical though i bought wide mouths cause i read they work best, faster colonization, easier to birth, etc. Just how much so though? we will see i guess...
i dont have anything real exciting going on yet, tomorrow will be day 3 of the first set of regular mouth jars since inoculating, the wide mouth jars i just inoculated tonight, any suggestion?
Do i leave the holes taped or untapped, i haven't gotten any clear info on this, some say do, some say dont?
I will post some pics as soon as mycelium forms.:laugh:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineagonzalez64
Stranger

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: Xtradimensional]
    #15110305 - 09/21/11 02:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

good luck bro! and just put a cover of foil on top to cover wholes, dont want contaminates to get in.

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: agonzalez64]
    #15110334 - 09/21/11 02:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

agonzalez64 said:
good luck bro! and just put a cover of foil on top to cover wholes, dont want contaminates to get in.

alright good, i have had tape on the holes since i inoculated, how often does one expect mycelium by day 3? tomorrow is day three for 3 of the jars and no sign yet, i got my fingers crossed!:crazy2:

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: Xtradimensional]
    #15110608 - 09/21/11 06:25 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Wide mouth shorts are the recommended. But I only use tall half pints and haven't had a stall in over 80 Jars. You only need to use Micro Pore tape and Foil while sterilizing them. Once the jars have cooled remove the tape and foil and Inoculate your jars once they are just warm to the touch. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: DynGBreeD]
    #15110618 - 09/21/11 06:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DynGBreeD said:
Wide mouth shorts are the recommended. But I only use tall half pints and haven't had a stall in over 80 Jars. You only need to use Micro Pore tape and Foil while sterilizing them. Once the jars have cooled remove the tape and foil and Inoculate your jars once they are just warm to the touch. :thumbup:

Yea i let them cool completely, then inoculated i have micro pore tape on them right now should i take it off?

Edited by Xtradimensional (09/21/11 06:37 AM)

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#15110628 - 09/21/11 06:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Taking the tape of is fine :thumbup: It allows the jars to breathe a bit more. IMO the tape just helps keep the steam out of the jars a little bit more keeping your dry verm layer dry. If it were to get wet, it could deff lead to a Contaminate.

--------------------

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: DynGBreeD]
    #15110635 - 09/21/11 06:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DynGBreeD said:
Taking the tape of is fine :thumbup: It allows the jars to breathe a bit more. IMO the tape just helps keep the steam out of the jars a little bit more keeping your dry verm layer dry. If it were to get wet, it could deff lead to a Contaminate.

How soon should i expect mycelium?
So im gonna take the tape off then.

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#15110646 - 09/21/11 06:54 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Take the tape off. Give it at least 5-8 days to see signs of growth after the Day of inoculation. Sometimes it takes longer. Using Multi Spore syringes its kind of a crap shoot. Its all based on genetics on how long it actually takes the spores to germinate.

--------------------

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

#15110710 - 09/21/11 07:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DynGBreeD said:
Take the tape off. Give it at least 5-8 days to see signs of growth after the Day of inoculation. Sometimes it takes longer. Using Multi Spore syringes its kind of a crap shoot. Its all based on genetics on how long it actually takes the spores to germinate.

Thanks for the help and sorry for all the questions, So im not sure what multi spore is, i have Albino A+ syringe and a Mazatapec syringe, is multi spore something you can specifically order?

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#15110733 - 09/21/11 07:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol, the spores in the syringe are Multi Spore, they come from a Spore Print.

--------------------

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

#15110743 - 09/21/11 07:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

DynGBreeD said:
lol, the spores in the syringe are Multi Spore, they come from a Spore Print.

So it is good or bad?

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

#15110748 - 09/21/11 07:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It's good nor bad. There are just better ways of getting the best genetics. Such as Agar work :shrug: Many people use Multi Spore including me. I was just saying its hard to tell how long it will take because its up to the genetics of the spores. If you were using an Isolate then you could probably tell a little better.

--------------------

InvisibleMeetzu
G̙̗͙̞̮͖̥a͉̭̹r̝̹͖̬d̞̮̻̪en̫̭e̱r̼
Male

#15110755 - 09/21/11 07:51 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Multispore is what you get when using any spores. The ways of not using it are more advanced and involve isolation on agar. Cloning and g2g (grain 2 grain) transfers are also ways to limit the number of genetics going into a grow.

--------------------

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: Meetzu]
    #15110854 - 09/21/11 08:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oh ok i get what your guys are saying.
So in essence if i had one huge mushroom from a flush and wanted to isolate that pheno i would use some spores from that specific mushroom then colonize on agar?

InvisibleMeetzu
G̙̗͙̞̮͖̥a͉̭̹r̝̹͖̬d̞̮̻̪en̫̭e̱r̼
Male

#15110868 - 09/21/11 08:42 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

No. Every time you use spores it's MS. If you put spores from a large fruit on agar and work with them you will get many many strains (100s-1000s). Then you work on sectoring them and get it down to an isolate which is one strain of genetics
Fruits themselves, even when 'cloned' (a tissue sample taken from their inner stipe and grown out) will likely have multiple genetic strains that then have to be sectored out. However, cloning would be a quicker route (less genetic strains than MS) and one that you would be more likely to get the desired traits of that fruit because of the lower number of genetics to grow out and test.

Edit: it's a lengthy process. That's the reason when people find desirable isolates they save them for years through master slants.

--------------------

Edited by Meetzu (09/21/11 08:45 AM)

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

Re: Albino A+ and Mazatapec grow! First timer, pf tek, suggestions welcome. [Re: Meetzu]
    #15110920 - 09/21/11 09:03 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds cool and like there can be a lot of detail to this.:stoned:

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

#15113269 - 09/21/11 06:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Today day 3 i have mycelium, in 2 of the first 3 jars.

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

#15113275 - 09/21/11 06:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ill take some pics soon.

OfflineXtradimensional
Earth-Dragon Born

#15114062 - 09/21/11 08:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Here are the 2 jars that just showed mycelium today, the third day after inoculation, alot is there for just seeing it today, im stoked, i dont see any mycelium in the third jar, my suspicion is because jar 3 is the other strain Mazatapec and the first 2 that are showing are the two Albino A+ strains, the first three jars i did 2 Albino A+ and 1 Mazatapec, the second set of jars (wide mouth) are 2 Mazatapec and 1 Albino A+ i didnt mark the jars with which strain they were, so its kinda a mystery until pins develop. So we'll see with those, day three would be friday for the second batch since i knocked them up last night. But hell for the first batch thats great, DAY 3!and already mycelium. WHOOOO HOOO! THATS QUICK!:crazy2:

The first jar picture is with flash the other 2 pics are without flash. On a lousy camera phone.

Edited by Xtradimensional (09/21/11 08:54 PM)

InvisibleFungus_monk
Here or there...
Male

Loc: U.S. Flag
    #15114078 - 09/21/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dont hold me to this because i havent always been right just by judging pictures but i think that might be cobweb.

--------------------
My Trade List

I post fictional information that i have developed through years of extreme delirium and from suffering strange delusions that i partake in illegal activites. The shroomery.org is merely my outlet for these delusions.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order