Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous

For Alex123
    #1510781 - 05/01/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

in another thread, you made the claim that at this very moment, america is selling weapons to its enemies. care to offer anything in defense of such a nonsensical assertion?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: For Alex123 [Re: ]
    #1510786 - 05/01/03 09:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you're just asking for irrelevancy aren't you?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Anonymous

Re: For Alex123 [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1510798 - 05/01/03 09:07 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

no, i'm hoping that he'll take his argument about arms sales to this thread, instead of polluting another thread with it.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1510814 - 05/01/03 09:13 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

C'mon Innvertigo. You know if you make a claim, you should have SOME basis of fact to back it up, right? Just the facts please, just the facts....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1510820 - 05/01/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How clueless is this. I'll indulge you for one post and then forget about you.

Define "enemy"? What enemies has the US got exactly? Name the country and why they are our "enemy".

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

Re: For Alex123 [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1510825 - 05/01/03 09:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

the only claim inny made was that america wouldn't 'threaten' canada unless canada did something like sell arms to america's enemies. it was a commentary about the likelihood that canada would actually face any repercussions from america for going soft on cannabis.

it was alex who came in and said something along the lines of, "who cares if canada sells weapons to america's enemies, america is already doing it".

since a debate over alex's assertion has no place in a thread about marijuana decriminalization, i created this thread for alex to back up his claim that america is currently selling arms to its enemies.

Edited by mushmaster (05/01/03 10:16 AM)

Anonymous

Re: For Alex123 [Re: Xlea321]
    #1510832 - 05/01/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

since you're the one the made the claim, i have no idea what you mean by 'enemy'. certainly you know what you meant by it. what did you mean?

Edited by mushmaster (05/01/03 09:20 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1510837 - 05/01/03 09:20 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

it was alex who came in and said something along the lines of, "who cares if canada sells weapons to america's enemies, america is already doing it".

Which is perfectly true.

Then you came in with an utterly pointless flame and polluted the thread for no reason whatsoever.

Come on, give me this list of US "enemies" that arms companies consult before selling arms.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1510841 - 05/01/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Come on, give me this list of US "enemies" that arms companies consult before selling arms. "

Prove your point FOR you? Theres a reason all those guy's in Afghanistan had AK's and RPG's, not M-16's and TOW's...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Anonymous

#1510842 - 05/01/03 09:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

alex, you are the one claiming that america sells weapons to its enemies. it is not up to me to define terms like "enemies", "weapons", or "sells"... these are the terms of your argument. what do you mean by what you said?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1510847 - 05/01/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

since you're the one the made the claim, i have no idea what you mean by 'enemy'.

Is that it?

Christ. This must be the weakest attempt at a thread I've ever read. Start off all confident saying "America has never sold weapons to it's enemies" and end up saying you have no idea what an enemy is.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1510849 - 05/01/03 09:25 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Since 1992, the United States has exported more than $142 billion dollars worth of weaponry to states around the world.[1] The U.S. dominates this international arms market, supplying just under half of all arms exports in 2001, roughly two and a half times more than the second and third largest suppliers. [2 ] U.S. weapons sales help outfit non-democratic regimes, soldiers who commit gross human rights abuses against their citizens and citizens of other countries, and forces in unstable regions on the verge of, in the middle of, or recovering from conflict.

U.S.-origin weapons find their way into conflicts the world over. The United States supplied arms or military technology to more than 92% of the conflicts under way in 1999.[3] The costs to the families and communities afflicted by this violence is immeasurable. But to most arms dealers, the profit accumulated outweighs the lives lost. In the period from 1998-2001, over 68% of world arms deliveries were sold or given to developing nations, where lingering conflicts or societal violence can scare away potential investors.[4]

Of course, a loss of investment opportunities is not the only way Americans are impacted by the weapons trade. In addition to paying billions of dollars every year to support weapons exports, Americans may also feel the impact of increasing instability overseas. The United States military has had to face troops previously trained by its own military or supplied with U.S. weaponry in Panama, Iraq, Somalia, Haiti, and now in Afghanistan. Due to the advanced capabilities these militaries have acquired from past U.S. training and sales, the U.S. had to invest much more money and manpower in these conflicts than would have otherwise been needed

http://www.fas.org/asmp/fast_facts.htm

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Anonymous

#1510862 - 05/01/03 09:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

alex, i suppose that by refuting your claim that america sells weapons to its enemies, I am indeed making the claim, "america does not sell weapons to its enemies".

however, a closer look will reveal that this is only true if our veiwpoints are mutually exclusive.

"america selling weapons to it's enemies" vs. "america not selling weapons to its enemies" are only mutually exclusive events if we share the same definitions.

i suspect that we do not. if "enemy" to me means a nation we are currently at war with, while an "enemy" to you means a non-democratic regime or human rights abuser, then we are both correct in our claims.

however, what we are really talking about is not my definition or your definition of "enemy" but Innvertigo's definition. this can all be cleared up quite simply. Inny, what did you mean by "enemy"?

Edited by mushmaster (05/01/03 09:39 AM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1510869 - 05/01/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i have asked you to back this claim up. will you not?

See above.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: For Alex123 [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1510872 - 05/01/03 09:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

C'mon Innvertigo. You know if you make a claim, you should have SOME basis of fact to back it up, right? Just the facts please, just the facts....

what does this have to do with me?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1510879 - 05/01/03 09:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Why is nearly every post I see from you a negative comment about somebody else, normally Alex?

Might be just a case of selective attention on my part...

Anyway, keep up the good work Alex. Somebodys got to prick those egos

--------------------
Always Smi2le

Anonymous

#1510894 - 05/01/03 09:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

alex, i suppose that by refuting your claim that america sells weapons to its enemies, I am indeed making the claim, "america does not sell weapons to its enemies".

however, a closer look will reveal that this is only true if our veiwpoints are mutually exclusive.

"america selling weapons to it's enemies" vs. "america not selling weapons to its enemies" are only mutually exclusive events if we share the same definitions.

i suspect that we do not. if "enemy" to me means a nation we are currently at war with, while an "enemy" to you means a non-democratic regime or human rights abuser, then we are both correct in our claims.

however, what we are really talking about is not my definition or your definition of "enemy" but Innvertigo's definition. this can all be cleared up quite simply.

Inny, what did you mean by "enemy" when you said, "i don't think we should EVER threaten Canada. (unless ofcourse they actually supplied our enemies with weapons, which they would NEVER do.)"?

Edited by mushmaster (05/01/03 09:45 AM)

Anonymous

Re: For Alex123 [Re: GazzBut]
    #1510901 - 05/01/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

less than 1 in 10 of my posts is even addressed to alex.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: For Alex123 [Re: GazzBut]
    #1510904 - 05/01/03 09:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Anyway, keep up the good work Alex. Somebodys got to prick those egos

you have got to be kidding me..ha

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1510944 - 05/01/03 09:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I stand corrected. Hurrah. Nce article...Who is FAS, just out curiosity?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds