Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerainx
Pilgrim
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Altered states: Feats of Dexterity and Coordination
    #15097319 - 09/18/11 06:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Back in the 70s, two experiences come to mind.

1. 1971: I ran into a friend who was eager to challenge me in shooting pool. He was straight at the time and I was peak*ng. The geometry of pool shots became surreal, and I couldn't possibly miss...running the table to a victory....We were all laughing and amazed.

2. 1972: Experiencing KY cave country facilitated by window pane, with a group of 5 friends, I came upon a situation where a very wet felled tree could be used to access a cave 20 feet above the forest floor. The traction was nearly non-existent. I focused upon the cave and tightrope walked (seemed like a infinity of distance) up to and into the cave. Looking down on my friends, I noticed they were all shaking their heads in disbelief and concern! I focused hard, and descended to the forest floor without incident.....

What feats have your experienced in altered states?

--------------------
"The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna" is best source of insight into the self, universe, and the entheogen catalyzed experience. Forward by Aldous Huxley.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineButteredToast
it'sfuckingbutteredtoast
 User Gallery

Re: Altered states: Feats of Dexterity and Coordination [Re: rainx] * 1
    #15097388 - 09/18/11 06:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was at some park on a solid dose of mushrooms, playing catch with a water bottle. My buddy said to go long, I ran across the field as fast as I could, dove, and caught the water bottle with one hand. Epic moment, epic day.

Invisibleguitardude3
Fellow Architect of Reality
 User Gallery

Loc: In the pines where the su...
Re: Altered states: Feats of Dexterity and Coordination [Re: rainx] * 1
    #15097416 - 09/18/11 06:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

With very little effort, I sunk five or six shots in a row playing pool on a healthy dose of MDMA this New Years Eve. I won on my next turn. Like you said, I could see the angles so clearly I barely had to think.

--------------------
All you see is an illusion, including my posts.

"Thanks to impermanence, everything is possible."
-Thich Nhat

Offlinerainx
Pilgrim
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: Altered states: Feats of Dexterity and Coordination [Re: guitardude3]
    #15104827 - 09/20/11 04:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Major Leaguer Dock Ellis pitching a no-hitter on L*D.... June 12, 1970....

From Wiki:
"As Ellis recounted it:

I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the (catcher's) glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much.

I remember hitting a couple of batters and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him.

I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. I started having a crazy idea in the fourth inning that Richard Nixon was the home plate umpire, and once I thought I was pitching a baseball to Jimi Hendrix, who to me was holding a guitar and swinging it over the plate.

They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me.[6]"

--------------------
"The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna" is best source of insight into the self, universe, and the entheogen catalyzed experience. Forward by Aldous Huxley.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom