Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineggrowler
Female

Loc: Sarasota, FL
Re: Jwh-018 adverse health effects, im fucked? [Re: SalviNate]
    #15103372 - 09/19/11 09:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've been told by a botanist friend of mine to avoid that stuff...the chemicals they use are no bueno.

--------------------
-Ggrowler-aka-Synaesthesia-
Gardener-Chef-Baker-Gamer-Web Mistress

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepcplease
Salame

#15103397 - 09/19/11 09:07 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

About a year and a half ago one of my good friends couldn't smoke for legal reasons, and he started smoking spice. The few I remember were Chill Mill, k2, k2 alpine, and cloud 9. Every day he'd pick up a 3g bag and we'd smoke it all throughout the day, mostly out of a bong aside from the nightly blunt we sparked. The potency always varied so much it was ridiculous. Some days neither of us would get high by the end of the bag (I was still smoking herb, so in general my friend was BAKED compared to me). One of the last times I smoked it, I took 3  pretty hits over the course of a few minutes out of a bong. Within minutes, I had double-vision, was sweating profusely, and could see my shirt moving with my heart beat. A few hours later, I was baseline and relieved. I have never noticed any side effects since I stopped using the shit, except for the fact that no blend will get me high anymore.

I'd say you're paranoid about the "risks" associated with JWH, and it's causing anxiety. Once you convince yourself that you are fine and will be fine, it should stop. Hope it helps.

--------------------

Offlineddaannaad
boo....who...
Female

Re: Jwh-018 adverse health effects, im fucked? [Re: buffer]
    #15443591 - 11/30/11 06:15 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

COMIN DOWN FROM IVORY WAVIN= WEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ANYONE ELSE??

OUT THERE?

Offlineddaannaad
boo....who...
Female

#15443651 - 11/30/11 06:52 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

ivory wavin ~ now back to work on my Christmas calendar..ho..ho..ho.."exhausted" Santa at work (love this holiday season)!

Offlineddaannaad
boo....who...
Female

Re: Jwh-018 adverse health effects, im fucked? [Re: buffer]
    #15443790 - 11/30/11 08:01 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

well ive just done 2 different vendors & they seem identical??

OfflineTHIHT

Re: Jwh-018 adverse health effects, im fucked? [Re: Ythan]
    #15444185 - 11/30/11 10:17 AM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I have been there dude.  Keep your doses under control, Everything in moderation.  No one to blame but yourself.  These are research chemicals and should not be abused.
Quote:

Ythan said:

You could try breathing and relaxation exercises and meditation and see if that helps.

This ^ is all I can recommend that helped me.  Also when I am stressed I find myself not drinking water.

Stay healthy.

--------------------
meow

OfflineKoD
Vive liber
Male

Re: Jwh-018 adverse health effects, im fucked? [Re: THIHT] * 1
    #15444772 - 11/30/11 12:31 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

A lot of people say synthetic cannabinoids are bad but there's isn't much explanation as to why they are bad.

I'll start by saying the following is a quick neuroscience lesson, so if you don't care about how weed or spice effects your central nervous system, you can skip this and go to the last paragraph.

First off, THC is a partial agonist (mimicker) of cannabinoids. Therefore, the receptor is not activated like it would be if your bodies endogenous cannabinoids (like opiates effect your endogenous endorphins) had acted upon that receptor.

The chemicals they put on spice are usually full agonists or have an entirely different function like being an antagonist (blocker).

To really understand why this is important you need to know the roll of your bodies endogenous cannabinoids (the actual chemicals your body makes for the receptors, such as anandamine).

Endogenous cannabinoids, or I'll just say EC for short, have a pretty interesting roll in our CNS. Whenever a neuron talks to another through a chemical messenger (dopamine, serotonin, glutamate, acetylcholine) it travels across the synapse, which is the space between the two neurons, and binds to the receiving neuron.

The neuron sending the message is the presynaptic neuron (Pre-SN), and the one receiving the message is the postsynaptic neuron (Post-SN).

There are 2 important neurotransmitters that the CNS uses to inhibit or excite certain neurons. The inhibitory neuron is GABA and the excitatory neuron is Glutamate.

SO back to EC's ...
EC's receptors are not on a Post-SN, instead they are on the Pre-SN of Glutamate/GABA neurons. In other words, the neuron that sent the message is the one that has the cannabinoid receptors.

If you learned a neurons functions before 2000, you probably thought that neurons sent 1 way signals, but in 2001 scientists discovered that this is not true and have proof through testing.

Exciting conclusion #1:
This research has taught us that the function of endogenous cannabinoids is to regulate Glutamate and GABA.

To be even more specific, the endogenous cannabinoids only get released from the Post-SN when the neuron has been fired repeatedly.

This explains why THC has such a huge impact on our senses and has a strange mix with other drugs.

There is ONE more very important thing to know about EC's. Exactly why do they do what they do?

Interestingly, the roll of EC's in the body is unconditioning. If you took highschool/college psychology, you probably heard the story about a dog getting food after hearing a bell ring.
Eventually, the dog started to salivate upon hearing the bell even though it did not receive any food yet. Just the thought of food got the dogs salivation started.
This is called conditioning.

So how did scientists find out that EC's roll is for unconditioning? Well they got a bunch of lab rats together (what a surprise) and did an experiment. One set of mice had been genetically modified to have NO CB-1 receptors. CB-1 receptors are the cannabinoid receptors in your CNS. CB-2 receptors are in the PNS (outside the brain/spinal cord). They also had a group of control mice who had CB-1 receptors intact.

What they did was play a ringing noise and then shock the mice with electricity.
Over time, the mice got conditioned to fear the noise because of the impending shock.

After they were all good and scared shitless, the scientists removed the shock and only played the sound.

The results were revolutionary (IMO anyway).

The mice that had no CB-1 receptors would continually get scared when they heard the noise no matter how many times they played it with no shock.

The control mice would eventually relax because they learned the shock was no longer coming after the ring. They were unconditioned.

SO now that you know the roll of EC's in the body, you can better explore the theories as to why synthetic cannabinoids, and THC for that matter, do what they do.

There is still a lot to be learned about these mechanisms, but realizing what you're screwing around with (GABA and Glutamate) with synthetic cannabinoids helps you understand why it can be very harmful, and really fuck you up.

In conclusion, I have OD'd on spice before and it was terrible. I felt like I was going brain dead and my mental functions seemed to continually degrade started with my consciousness. After thirty minutes of agony (I lost my sense of time after 8 minutes or so) I finally began to come down after feeling ~75% brain dead.

Edited by KoD (11/30/11 12:38 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules