Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Whats the point of it all
    #1508757 - 04/30/03 06:30 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've sent out several dozen applications several weeks ago and not one of those fuckers have even tried to call me. I've done just about every place in town that I could get a job at and nobody wants anything to do with me. I haven't gone out in 4 days because I just don't have the motivation to do anything anymore. My biological clock has completely reversed itself, instead of going to sleep at night I sleep at noon and wake up at 8. I've eaten all my food and I don't want to go out because I have no motive. I can't see myself doing anything for a living, I don't want to go to school because theres no point if I don't want a career. I hate myself and I want to die.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1508915 - 04/30/03 07:28 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: ]
    #1508926 - 04/30/03 07:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I had the same problem with jobs.. Nobody wanted me.. And im a hardworker, who likes to work. So i said FUCK EM.. And opened an ebay account, u can sell all kinds of stupid crap to Americans. And if your American you dont have to deal with crazy shipping costs..Just a thought.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: Legoulash]
    #1508927 - 04/30/03 07:34 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Too bad I don't have a credit card :frown:

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1509696 - 04/30/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Did you try calling them? Sometimes they like to see that somebody wants the jpb. The job market is tough right now though. Sorry. :frown:

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1509889 - 05/01/03 12:23 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Q: whats the point of it all?

A: Have a sense of scale. Whatever point there is for the universe, its very very BIG. We're not going to understand it. Go outside and look up. If there aren't any clouds out there, what you are looking it is HUGE.

Q: whats the point of it all?

A: The context by which we take up an action is the source of its intent or 'point'. The primary source is your mental context, specifically what you intended. This, fortunately, is something volitional which you can control. And so if you are disappointed with the point of the universe, re-evaluate your intentions.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1510302 - 05/01/03 02:21 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Things I think in these sorts of situations: Did you apply for advertised jobs or did you apply where ever? If you applied for advertised jobs there are probably bilions of other people applying. If you applied for non-advertised, then it is possible that there are no jobs available right now. Two weeks ago isn't that long . Anyway they have your resume now so they may call you when something comes up. I'd definately call these people to see for sure why you have'nt been called about any positions. In my experience getting a job is just a waiting game, if you keep applying then eventually something comes up. There are so many different reasons that people don't get jobs that, in my opinion, it's silly to think that it is personal.

I know you just quit a job. It may look bad if you say on your resume you no longer work for that company and you don't have a referee from there. One way to get around this is to say that you do, and if the organisation ask why you don't have a referee from that place or if they can have one, you can just say you don't want them to call there because you dont want them to know you are lookiing elsewhere because it might jeopardise your position in the meantime. Though I have done this in the past and no-one asks.

Good luck.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Whats the point of it all [Re: enotake2]
    #1526364 - 05/06/03 11:33 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Motivation. Its hard, but you really need self discipline. If you dont want a job, you wont get a job. I am the same way, and it's alot easier said than done.

I would suggest changing your sleeping pattern, changing your diet, excersize, and try to do as much work around the house as you can. This will make you un lazy, wich if you did not know, you are lazy. I am lazy. Limit your computer time, try to discipline yourself, serious. Its hard as hell, but every day gets easier and easier.

Job: This is a common problem, but you need to want the job. Putting in an application is not enough. You need to hit everywhere, regardless if they are hiring or not, then visit them. I know there were about 15 shops in my old little town, and having no job, doing nothing all day, I had almost no extra time. You need to follow up, keep pestering them. If you show up for a job you do not have every day on time, asking about employment, im sure when homie shows up late for the last time, and they let him go they will say "Damn this guy has been on time every day, and doesnt even work here. Lets hire him." Most the people I know who have ever done any hiring whatsoever have said the same thing. If you are another number, you might get hired if your number comes up in the list of numbers, and its the right time. If youa ssociate a face to the number, and show innitiative, you want the job, they will usually put your application on the top of te pile. Dont tie up your phone line either. If you had a stack of applications and needed someone to fill a possition, you would call, Busy? go to next.

Its a hard thing, but you gotta want it. I know you want it, but you are probably stuck in such a rut, that it seems like too much. Start small, dont set goals you will never reach, because then they overwhelm you, you will give up. Take it at your own pace, and relize that its better than nothing. Dont do it for your parents, friends, god, no one. I know when someone tells me to do something, i feel like not doing it just iun spite of them. Do it for yourself, and relize that when you accomplish it, the rewards are wonderful. Even without a job, knowing you put effort into it feels wonderful. Give it a try. Ill try with you ;]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom