Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Puerto Ricans not Colonizing
    #15085083 - 09/16/11 12:17 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Hi everyone,

I started my first mushroom grow that is six jars of "Puerto Rican" strain mushrooms and six jars of "Costa Ricans." I used the same procedure for all of the jars (I used the "Let's Grow Mushrooms" video) but only the Costa Ricans are colonizing. It has been one week since I inoculated them. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Also, I know the answer to this question varies a lot, but what are the ranges of dry mass that can be cultivated from each jar on average?

Thanks

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflineJaffyJaffar
Nom Nom Nom
Male

Loc: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
Re: Puerto Ricans not Colonizing [Re: The_Aviator]
    #15085094 - 09/16/11 12:20 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

We all know puerto ricans are lazy

Tell a bunch of em they own the jar and they'll colonize in seconds

OfflineJaffyJaffar
Nom Nom Nom
Male

Loc: AMERICA, FUCK YEAH!
Re: Puerto Ricans not Colonizing [Re: JaffyJaffar]
    #15085103 - 09/16/11 12:21 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Seriously though, lots of factors can be at work...could be bad genes or the substrate

InvisibleHorizonSpawn
Gettin' my grow on :)
Male

Loc: Myco-Tek.org Flag
Re: Puerto Ricans not Colonizing [Re: JaffyJaffar]
    #15085146 - 09/16/11 12:31 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

:lol:  The title had me rollin' the second I saw it, LOL....  Oh they colonize just fine, lol...

Sorry...

When you say "colonizing"; are they "stalled" or have they just not "started" yet?...  If they haven't "started to colonize" it is just that they are taking longer to germinate...  Germination rate may take longer and/or be at a lower percentage rate of success...  Meaning one or more of your inoculation points may not take, while the others do...  This can be characteristic of old spores or heavily stressed spores (sub-freezing temps or very high temps)...

According to my reading :smile:

--------------------
Please assume any and all prints exchanged are "WILD" in nature; and thus, should NOT be considered ASEPTIC...

NOTE:  Please excuse my brevity, as it is a bitch 'n' a half and slow as hell to type on this here phone :frown:

OfflineThe_Aviator
High Flyer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gamehendge
Re: Puerto Ricans not Colonizing [Re: HorizonSpawn]
    #15085211 - 09/16/11 12:47 AM (10 years, 1 month ago)

Haha, thanks for the responses so far. It can't be the substrate because the same substrate was used for the other strain that have been colonizing just fine. It is hard to tell if any have even started. There are very very faint traces of "white" in one of the jars but the amount is negligible and it may not even be growth. I guess the only thing I can do is wait a bit longer to see if they start.

But the jars are totally sealed because I didn't want to risk letting contaminants in. Would it be beneficial to crack the lids a bit and allow some gas exchange in a sterile environment or should I just not bother?

--------------------

Sartre on conciousness: "a being such that in its being, its being is in question in so far as this being implies a being other than itself."
Being and Nothingness
Easy no-nausea hbwr tek
Phish videos and discussion!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains