Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisible5-HT2A
Most restorative psychedelic?
    #15084557 - 09/15/11 08:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Which psychedelic is the most refreshing, that wipes the slate clean and allows you to move on from the past or change behavior patterns to those which are more desirable?
Which psychedelic is the most restorative?
You may choose only one

Votes accepted from (09/15/11 08:31 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #15084567 - 09/15/11 08:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Phenetylamines.

2C-E or mescaline.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

InvisibleMario_x86-64
Stranger

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15084592 - 09/15/11 08:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have never done DMT, but I am interested to hear from people who voted DMT.

I don't understand how such a powerful psychedelic would have more practical use than LSD, Psilocybin or Mescaline, particularly LSD.

--------------------
(LSD) Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25
"It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be."
- Albert Hofmann

"Drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe they have do me a favor and take all your albums, tapes, CD's and burn them. Because you know what? Those musicians that have made that great music that has enhanced your lifes through out the years ... real fucking high on drugs."
- Bill Hicks

InvisibleSamuel L Jackson
Bad Motherfucker
Male

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: Mario_x86-64]
    #15084611 - 09/15/11 08:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i wont vote for now, because in the next week i will have done dmt and mescaline for the first time...

but as of now, i would say 2c-e. 2c-e is the only drug which caused me to rethink my entire life and give up drugs. it didnt last because i like getting fucked up too much, but the week it did last is the current record holder.

--------------------

Offlinekennedy
Male

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: Samuel L Jackson]
    #15084710 - 09/15/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I always get a sense that my life perspective has been radically transformed after any psychedelic experience but it seems that eventually everything ends up mostly the same. 
I don't know if picking the right drug is really going to help change unwanted behavior patterns.

but I guess LSD has had the most lasting impact on me

Edited by kennedy (09/15/11 09:06 PM)

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: kennedy]
    #15084783 - 09/15/11 09:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i find mescaline pretty refreshing after wards. I think if you are more experienced with psychedelics you are going to need the more stronger, ego killer, fetal position bender, type of psyche, for a better refreshment. It might all depend on the type of person you are and the doses you take. Mushrooms seem to do that to me on high doses.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
    #15084796 - 09/15/11 09:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My friend calls it a "reboot".  Nerds, LOL.  Like that feeling when you arrive on vacation.  I'd say psychedelics are like a vacation for the mind.  Any psych can have that effect when you have a really positive experience. I never have the afterglow experience if I don't get a good rest after the dose.  I'll be drinking whiskey, cursing myself to get my sleep schedule back.

Invisibleliquidlounge

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: zZZz]
    #15084811 - 09/15/11 09:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
I think if you are more experienced with psychedelics you are going to need the more stronger, ego killer, fetal position bender, type of psyche, for a better refreshment.

You are wrong.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Offlinethedream
The Most High

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: kennedy]
    #15084839 - 09/15/11 09:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm gonna have to go with shrooms/psilocybin on this one. Yes LSD has the same effect but to me shrooms are the definition of what restorative means. The experience is so relaxing and just breathing in fresh air somewhere out in the woods/forest is just feels down right healing. After the experience is over I just feel so wiped cleaned as th OP put it, like I have been destressed, defragmented and it is as though all of life's little anxieties have been lifted. The trivialities in life become frugal and no longer warrants concern. Now I find LSD to have the same effects too mind you. It's just the duration of shrooms is perfect for my taste and is the primary reason why I choose psilocybin over LSD.

Don't get me wrong the duration of LSD is awesome when time allows. Due to the fact that if you do not dose early enough in the day it is common to not be able to fall asleep later that night. As a result of this and the long duration I do not find LSD to be as restorative but I can definitly understand if others do. Its just those few reasons that tip the scale in favor of mushrooms vs. LSD.

In addition to those I've only had experience with mescaline(low dose) and got threshold effects and with 2c-i which I can say confidently  that I would not consider it to be restorative. Based on my little experience with mesc. i would rank it similar to LSD as a close second to shrooms.

InvisibleBoldAsLove
Pokemon Master

Loc: Kanto Region
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: thedream]
    #15084854 - 09/15/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I voted 2C-E. Definitely gives me a brand new perspective on things. LSD is a close second for me though, but just doesn't have quite the same degree of introspection.

--------------------
DISCLAIMER: None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor :alientransform: and Ferdinand :cigar:, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.

Offlinecogent
Male User Gallery

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15084911 - 09/15/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I voted DMT(close second would be LSD), although Ive only tried 3 on that list (dmt, lsd, mushrooms).  I do feel refreshed with LSD and mushrooms but in a different way than with DMT. 

With LSD/mush I feel like I gain a lot of insight/perspective with my trips and then I attempt to use those insights and perspectives in daily routine.  LSD/mush make me feel refreshed in the sense that my predisposed thought structures have either been rearranged or shifted a bit which in turn lets me view the world in a "new" light. 

This restoration and refreshing is still, for me, based mostly in the restructuring of thought patterns and less based in awareness. 

DMT however, leaves me feeling restored and refreshed in the sense of awareness.  After ive come back from a DMT trip I feel completely renewed as though I was just born. 

I dont feel the incessant need to think critically about my surroundings or myself.  I find myself simply aware which leads to a complete inner peace and total acceptance of what is. 

The reconfiguration of existing thought structures is nice and often beneficial for me but lsd and mushrooms dont give me the same complete "wash" that DMT does. 

Anyway, cool thread idea! :thumbup:

Invisible5-HT2A
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: cogent]
    #15086438 - 09/16/11 09:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So essentially the classics seem to be the best choices. Interesting.

Please keep voting.

Invisiblefatppl12

#15086498 - 09/16/11 09:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I smoke crack.

Offlinespazmodog
Male

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: fatppl12]
    #15086661 - 09/16/11 10:12 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I Voted Ayahuasca.... im suprised most didnt

OfflineDrGreenThumb865
Dude, who's got the lighter?
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tennessee Flag
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: spazmodog]
    #15086670 - 09/16/11 10:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ibogaine fits the OP's description extremely well... It's used to treat addiction with very positive results. I'm surprised I was the only one to choose it so far. :shrug:

--------------------
:mushdance:

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: DrGreenThumb865]
    #15086805 - 09/16/11 10:56 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard good things about Caapi alone.  Iboga is reported to be pretty amazing; see the Going Tribal episode with it.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

OfflineFlashLightning
Rolling Thunder

Loc: The Sky
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: flickedbic]
    #15086891 - 09/16/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Dmt and ayahuasca should be categorized the same

--------------------
"I deem myself blessed, in that I have experienced, however briefly, the existence of God. I have felt a sacred oneness with creation and its Creator, and -- most precious of all -- I have touched the core of my own soul. " - Alexander Shulgin :peace: :love:

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: FlashLightning]
    #15086924 - 09/16/11 11:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

... or have an Ayahuasca + DMT option?

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: FlashLightning]
    #15086941 - 09/16/11 11:27 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FlashLightning said:
Dmt and ayahuasca should be categorized the same

Nah, it's usually understood that DMT is smoked unless explicitly stated otherwise.

I voted ayahuasca, and to be honest, I'm shocked that it hasn't had more votes. Every time, after it starts to wear off, I feel like a new person.
It is the only drug that has ever caused me to thoroughly consider every single part of my life.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: bholzer]
    #15087003 - 09/16/11 11:39 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i feel like any of the tryptamines or phenetylamines in high doses have the same "clean slate" reaction

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag