Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSeanfu
Jesus Christ Tacos

Loc: Brazil Flag
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: 5-HT2A]
    #15087722 - 09/16/11 02:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

DMT for me. I smoked some, visited the archetype of fear and rage, and learned to cease it. I have fear issues stemming from my night time schizo problems. With DMT I saw the Archetype of rage, I thought it was a demon, I approached it and it did not harm me, I felt healed and afterward I had a strange need to chant Native American style.

--------------------
I am a chronic liar.

:etjesus: :whacker: :coleman: :awewtf:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRipVanWinkle
The Benzodiazethang
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Near Memphrica, TN Flag
    #15087929 - 09/16/11 03:18 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

It was a tough choice between LSD and psilocybin... But I went with psilocybin/psilocin...

I almost always prefer LSD for any other purpose (and sometimes for this purpose) but probably 75% of the time if I'm eating mushrooms then it is to restore an optimistic world view.  I struggle with opiate and stimulant addiction and sometimes LSD is much more effective at working out plans and realizing the broader range of impact my use has on not just my life but on the lives of people in my life, my friends and family but also people I don't even know in more subtle but even still negative ways.

Cubes though, they don't as much cause introspective nitpicking as much as they just remind me that there is more to the universe than day to day life, and I truly see them as "magic" mushrooms because of how drastically they change my view of the world from something sickly, opportunistic and evil to something beautiful and awesome yet mistreated and abused.  It helps me live my life in a more positive fashion, where my natural tendency, being an addict and all, and seeing all the suffering around me over the good, makes me a very cynical man most of the time.

what 2c's and research chems I've tried I have found no benefit from... Quite the opposite actually, they usually leave me feeling even more depressed similar in fashion to how MDMA does (despite 5-htp, tyrosine, phenylalanine, l-dopa + carbidopa, tryptophan, and b-vitamin supplementation the days preceding and following (and the day of) use.  I don't get the "magic" of mushrooms OR the introspection of LSD with any that I have tried and I see them more as a toxic copy-cat that sneaks in disguised as a psychedelic but really just distracts you with a skewed thought process and/or abundant visuals while it wreaks havoc on your natural brain chemistry.  They may give me a temporary sense of life-changing revelations, but afterwards they're revealed to obviously be fake and misinterpreted cognitive hallucinations. (I record my thoughts on psychedelics through audio recordings and sometimes pen and paper to review 3 weeks after the experience when my mind has returned to a somewhat normal balance)

And I personally have had a major impact on MY natural brain chemistry from a two day, one gram binge of MDMA at Rothbury in 2009, and since that weekend my mind has been more numb to emotion and slower in thought, and I often times stumble over my speach whereas before that I had no problems with any of that.  It has persisted since then (2008) despite almost two years of being 100% sober and mostly drug free, the only drugs taken being caffeine, tylenol, and that sort of thing.

And as for DMT, I have had plenty of very intense experiences with smoked AND intravenous n,n-DMT... And I definitely consider it a very profound spiritual experience but I would not exactly call it refreshing.  It is too powerful to be "refreshing" in my experience at high doses, and too meaningless at lower dosages to really gain anything from it.  I have gone to heaven and conversed with angels in a language that I cannot even describe, and (with my last IV experience) I have been to hell, dragged into the flames (which oddly were without light, as it was complete red darkness.  Doesn't make sense now, but thats how it was.)  Screaming, yelling, anger, suffering... As if I was being enclosed in all of the worlds suffering.  It definitely woke me up to the reality of how much pain and misery this world contains, but the experiences are so intense and mind-shaking that it is the complete opposite of "refreshing".

Ibogaine I have never tried, but I am VERY eager to try it for the reason of addiction treatment, as right now marks the last day of my 10 month Suboxone treatment (the second time I've used Bupe to get off opes)and the Suboxone program is nothing but a money making scheme from the pharmaceutical and recovery industry, a way of profiting off of addicts who want to STOP being dependant on a drug and instead maintaining their addiction in a way that is profitable to them instead of the street dealers.  There is no difference in being addicted to Suboxone or being addicted to heroin, the only difference is with suboxone you have to pay $200-$700 JUST FOR THE FIRST OFFICE VISIT and then $300-$900 for the actual medication. With insurance my med cost was $180 but the doctors themselves would not accept insurance and most insurance companies will not cover the office visit anyways even if you submit a reimbursement claim yourself. THAT WAS FOR ONE FUCKING MONTH. Then each month after that is about $100-$200 per office visit plus the same cost of meds.

Ibogaine you take once (supposedly) and feel like shit for a while (which is inevitable with opiate detox, I'd rather feel like shit for 24 hours than for 3 weeks followed by months of depression) but then you start the process of re-examining your life and a feeling of warmth consumes your body and alleviates all withdrawal symptoms completely, with the majority of patients going 6 months without any signs or symptoms of withdrawal, including no craving.  That SOUNDS perfect but I've never tried it because of how hard it is to access ($5,000 and I could fly down to Panama to a clinic and go through it, but I don't have that kind of money) and pharmaceutical companies here refuse to even give grant money to research it because it's a "take it once and you're good" drug, and theres no money in drugs that you only take once.

But if my research and imagination serve me correctly, Ibogaine would most definitely be the most refreshing for someone like me. But I voted psilocybin because I have not actually TRIED ibogaine.

So that's my view of the matter.  Take from it what you will, and if anything sounds like i'm trying to defame or argue against any drugs or methods mentioned, know that I am not, this is merely my own personal experience and everyone is obviously different.

/endrant

--------------------
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.

Edited by RipVanWinkle (09/16/11 03:22 PM)

OfflineFlashLightning
Rolling Thunder

Loc: The Sky
Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: bholzer]
    #15088300 - 09/16/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

bholzer said:
Quote:

FlashLightning said:
Dmt and ayahuasca should be categorized the same

Nah, it's usually understood that DMT is smoked unless explicitly stated otherwise.

I voted ayahuasca, and to be honest, I'm shocked that it hasn't had more votes. Every time, after it starts to wear off, I feel like a new person.
It is the only drug that has ever caused me to thoroughly consider every single part of my life.

Well shit I voted dmt before I saw ayahuasca but that's what I meant to vote

--------------------
"I deem myself blessed, in that I have experienced, however briefly, the existence of God. I have felt a sacred oneness with creation and its Creator, and -- most precious of all -- I have touched the core of my own soul. " - Alexander Shulgin :peace: :love:

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
    #15088366 - 09/16/11 04:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Psilocybin, it's the only one that has mindfuck of that quality and that quantity. Nothing can survive that mindfuck. When you come down, it's just like a clean slate because you haven't even been able to think about thinking about thinking for the past some odd hours. The mindfuck from mushrooms is just irreplacable.

Offlineplaster
Stranger

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: nooneman]
    #15088916 - 09/16/11 06:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

in my experience, ayahuasca

Invisiblefatppl12

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: plaster]
    #15088940 - 09/16/11 07:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Okay. Guys. I'm starting to get this creeping feeling that I'm the only one that smokes crack rock here for the obvious restorative and cathartic purposes.

Then again, that creeping feeling just might be the crack cocaine. I wouldn't know for sure.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: fatppl12]
    #15089012 - 09/16/11 07:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fatppl12 said:
Okay. Guys. I'm starting to get this creeping feeling that I'm the only one that smokes crack rock here for the obvious restorative and cathartic purposes.

Then again, that creeping feeling just might be the crack cocaine. I wouldn't know for sure.

Yeah, crack users just don't have the same public relations machine as psychedelic drug users.  They need a few drug-addled intellectuals with PHDs to write some books with big words and essential themes such as enlightenment, medicine, spirituality, inner peace, and self-reflection.  The propaganda should also include snazzy websites where users can tell each other stories to justify and rationalize their hedonistic drug use as noble, intelligent, and positive.  They must learn to equate the crack pipe with the peaceful divinity of the gods.  DARE, the psychedelic myths and lore, and the Bible are all cut from the same cloth.  But only one of them made me orgasm in my pants without touching my dick.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblefatppl12

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: joemolloy]
    #15089041 - 09/16/11 07:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

fatppl12 said:

Yeah, crack users just don't have the same public relations machine as psychedelic drug users.  They need a few drug-addled intellectuals with PHDs to write some books with big words and essential themes such as enlightenment, medicine, spirituality, inner peace, and self-reflection.  The propaganda should also include snazzy websites where users can tell each other stories to justify and rationalize their hedonistic drug use as noble, intelligent, and positive.  They must learn to equate the crack pipe with the peaceful divinity of the gods.  DARE, the psychedelic myths and lore, and the Bible are all cut from the same cloth.  But only one of them made me orgasm in my pants without touching my dick.

Finally, someone gets the satire. :facepalm3:
I was starting to get lonely.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#15089066 - 09/16/11 07:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You're a wacky fucker and I'm enjoying all your posts.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinepcplease
Salame

#15089070 - 09/16/11 07:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Cannabis clears my head within minutes, and is such a mellow underwhelming buzz that it can be used at any time.

I'm kind of surprised it's not on the list.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
    #15089121 - 09/16/11 07:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

5-HT2A said:
Which psychedelic is the most refreshing, that wipes the slate clean and allows you to move on from the past or change behavior patterns to those which are more desirable?

imo,they have different uses, for example: lsd seems to render the ego more managable, while psilocybin releases a ton of alien info into your conciousness

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15089221 - 09/16/11 08:14 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fatppl12 said:

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

fatppl12 said:

Quote:

fatppl12 said:
Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

fatppl12 said:

Finally, someone gets the satire. :facepalm3:
I was starting to get lonely.

Quote:

joemolloy said:
You're a wacky fucker and I'm enjoying all your posts.

Oh my, two experienced and mature MEN with immense writing skills and social intuition. :weirdeyes:

Almost too cool to breathe and exist.

--------------------
As far as I assume to know...

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15089228 - 09/16/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm the one on the left.

--------------------

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15089254 - 09/16/11 08:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wholeheartedly agree, experience.

--------------------

Invisiblefatppl12

#15089297 - 09/16/11 08:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
I'm the one on the left.

Then I guess I have a shaved chest.

Invisibleliquidlounge

#15089315 - 09/16/11 08:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fatppl12 said:
Quote:

joemolloy said:
I'm the one on the left.

Then I guess I have a shaved chest.

1:24.

--------------------

InvisibleSham87
mashAllah
Male

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: liquidlounge]
    #15089389 - 09/16/11 08:56 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

IMO, i haven't dabbled with quality LSD to choose her so I say 5g of mush. Leaves me feeling like a newborn, slate cleaned.

--------------------
:mushroom2::sun::crazy2::leaf:

...once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest places if you look at it right...

:feelsgoatman:

InvisibleMollyLucyMaryJane

Re: Most restorative psychedelic? [Re: Sham87]
    #15090073 - 09/16/11 11:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

MDMA (Molly or Ecstacy) Is by far the most fantastic, life changing drug i have ever done (and ive done alot of drugs lol) Im suprised that noone on here has even mentioned MDMA. It is and always will be my favorite experience. It really opened me up socially and mentally i felt like i could do anything after i did molly for the first time. Not to mention it mixes great with acid and shrooms especially when you have frequent bad trips.

Invisible5-HT2A
    #15090103 - 09/17/11 12:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Quote:

fatppl12 said:

:laugh2:

InvisibleGrizvok
I Yam what I Yam
Male User Gallery

#15090122 - 09/17/11 12:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

DMT...but the integration period from DMT is the longest and "most diffult" I'd say.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds