Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleianegg
fungiphile

Loc: somewhere else
Negative Salvia experiences.
    #1496065 - 04/26/03 02:20 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I just sat on the end of my bed and smoked a bowl of x10 Salvia. I didn't trip in the usual sense; something was telling me that my computer was bad, and I should move away (which I can't cos there's a wall in the opposite direction) that the light was bad, so I turned it off, and that my jeans were bad, and they are now around my ankles. This was all communicated by an uncomfortable feeling and accompanied by the faint notion of being in school or some kind of learning situation.

I have had some interesting experiences with Salvia, but they are always accompanied by some annoying effects similar to these, including an uncomfortable sensation round the edges of where my body makes contact with anything. This feeling is often the foundation of my trip - merging fleetingly into whatever I am seeing or experiencing, but grounding me to the notion of my body sitting or laying down, which can spoil the whole experience. Any distractions become irrationally annoying, as if I've just been having an argument with it, but can't remember anything but the feeling of annoyance.

I usually make a point of minimising distractions and getting comfortable, could this be the reason I get annoyed? The feeling where I'm in contact with anything is the most unpleasant side effect, and I was wondering if anybody else has similar experiences, or if anyone knows what I can do to stop them?

Standing up minimises the sensation, but is VERY difficult for the short duration of the trip, and it is totally impossible to get rid of all distractions.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: ianegg]
    #1496952 - 04/26/03 10:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I have about 7 grams of 10X from SalviaIsland chilling in my desk, which I'm almost afraid to touch because of my negative salvia experiences. I don't really have the problem of annoyances by coming in contact, but I become annoyed by almost anything and very agitated. I remember yelling at my dogs a couple times just because they were looking at me. It's like everything bothers me. I lose meaning of self for a few seconds, and that's interesting, but the fact that I've never had a vivid trip coupled with the intense agitation (especially around the region of the mouth, which always feels pressurized or completely absent) make salvia almost not seem worth it. I get a bigger kick out of having friends try it to see what they think.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Loc: on my way to another plac...
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1497247 - 04/27/03 01:30 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yep, all your mass produced crap courtesy of western consumerist civilization is bad. and you needed salvia to figure that out? well, that's what the stuff's good for.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Invisibleianegg
fungiphile

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: thestringphish]
    #1497499 - 04/27/03 08:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yep, all your mass produced crap courtesy of western consumerist civilization is bad.

I never looked at it that way. I'm going to take my Salvia extract and become a hermit! And maybe some shrooms.

Seriously though, do you think that doing it naked in the middle of nowhere would yeild better results?

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: ianegg]
    #1497643 - 04/27/03 10:16 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Seriously though, do you think that doing it naked in the middle of nowhere would yeild better results? 
Try it lol, next time get naked, sit in a warm tub of water (add bubbles too  :smirk: ) and then smoke it. Maybe you'll find the water to be more soothing than irritationg.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: chodamunky]
    #1497697 - 04/27/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Wow, that sucks that you guys get negative effects. The only time anything negative happened to me was when I was w/ afew friends and this girl did salvia for her 1st time and then we were laughing cuz its funny watching someone on it and then when it was over she was trying to tell us what happened but we were laughing too much so she left the room pissed and wouldn't come back so I went and did the salvia and she came back right when I was holding in my 3rd lung full and started getting hit. She started yelling and then my friend that took a bounch of pills and drank started yelling to and they both when up in big red electrical radiating evil energy that was sparking everywhere and spreading everywhere in the room. Luckly I was getting hit hard and I didn't understand enough to get scared and then I closed my eyes and saw this goddess which just looked and me and smiled, I felt so enlightened. Then I opened my eyes and there were all these little mystical beings around flying, kinda like fairys. And I had all this while energy in my and I just let it loose and it contained most of the energy. Besides I was too far beond good and evil at the time hehe.

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: DailyPot]
    #1499369 - 04/27/03 11:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i've actually considered becomeing a hermit and just growing tons of shrooms and triping like crazy for a few years until my idea of what reality is has completly shifted, then visit a city and see what it's like, i bet it would be pretty cool i'f i did'nt end up in an institution. I'm still considering it, i just want to get through college first, incase i wuss out after a few months i'll need something to fall back on, you know.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

#1499393 - 04/27/03 11:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

but yes, go to a forest, if you have a large national forest were you can really get away, that's even better, get naked, (just make sure it's warm out, and like i said, you really get away) eat 3-4 grams of shrooms, and smoke some x10 at your peak, this will be the perfect setup for an incredible Salvia experience, completley un-adulturated by the unpure things of the city, which just does not mix with powerfull psychedelics. And no matter what happens on your trip, you'll come out of it having learned something incredible. Seriously, you should try this.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1499900 - 04/28/03 02:39 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

and as always..... be careful :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepeetee32
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: Strumpling]
    #1500536 - 04/28/03 11:41 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i bought some salvia 15x extract recently and tried it 3 times, each time increasing the amt. of salvia 15x in my bowl/bong and i didn't get any results. my cheeks got a little numb...but that was it. im mailing whats left in my vile to someone else on this site because i was gonna throw it away anyway. maybe it will be more use to them.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: peetee32]
    #1500906 - 04/28/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

lol
Thats a nice idea thestringphish. You'll probably readdapt to society real quickly even if you're away for years tripping hehe. Especially since you're already like 20. But hey, if you really wanna do it and you find a place give me a call and I'll join you :wink:

Offlinethestringphish
vajrayana

#1502884 - 04/28/03 11:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i've already got a few places in mind, like i said, i just wanna finish school first.

--------------------
Ken Wilbur

"this is life changing"

welcomehome

Invisiblehawk
Stranger
    #1506515 - 04/30/03 12:29 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It reminds me of the emotional experience of watching a good horror film. It is creepy but interesting and sometimes scarry at least for me. I also have not broken threw yet.

Anonymous

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: hawk]
    #1506587 - 04/30/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

How do Salvia visuals compare to shrooms? Do you get patterns and fractals?

Invisibleianegg
fungiphile

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: ]
    #1507322 - 04/30/03 10:52 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe doing it on top of a mountain around the Lake District would be good... It's difficult to really get away in England. Or maybe I just haven't explored enough?

When I've tripped with Salvia in the past, I've found the visuals to be very abstract, more because of the way you trip - my leg WAS reality, and if I moved to a different angle then maybe I could see all of time... nope, it was just the other side of my leg. The visuals during the trip are extremely vivid, as is every other sense, though fleeting - I often forget the whole thing. If I go to sleep afterwards, I get presented with some very nice hypnagogic patterns and fractals, but not during the trip.

OfflineSlapnutRob
Toolhead

Loc: Michigan
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: ]
    #1507484 - 04/30/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

How do Salvia visuals compare to shrooms? Do you get patterns and fractals?

Salvia is completely different from shrooms. If you get a strong, vivid trip with salvia, it's almost just like you're being thrown into a dream. It effects people differently, though and you'll get some weird side effect feelings that you may or may not like.

--------------------
Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1508084 - 04/30/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It only last awhile. Salvia is not the same as shroom trip. This messes w/ ur head worse and gives less visuals. Its great for ego loss.

OfflineNirvana
ScentlessApprentice

#1508234 - 04/30/03 03:43 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Stringphish, have you read a book by Patrick Suskind called 'Perfume'? The main character Jean-Baptiste leads a lifestyle like the one you're planning on converting to. Interesting, well written book.

Quote Dailypot: "This messes w/ ur head"

At the start it does DailyPot, but I always insist on this: You have to ride out the rough couple of Salvia Journeys which most first timers get when starting out with Salvia Divinorum, oh and have patience. One day, you'll find yourself able to keep calm and enjoy the Salvia journey and teleport yourself to some amazing places. (In your mind).

--------------------
====* I Made My Avatar *====

OfflineSubliminalTrip22
Always Curious
Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: Nirvana]
    #1508275 - 04/30/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Salvia is just a negative drug in general. The trip is kind of cool but it is always accompanied by a feeling of uneasiness or uncomfortability.

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Re: Negative Salvia experiences. [Re: SubliminalTrip22]
    #1508536 - 04/30/03 05:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I didn't mean it messes w/ your head in a bad way. I just ment it affects you alot more than shrooms does. I dont feel salvia is a negative drug, I never get an type of bad feeling afterwards.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom