Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineapuffball
The omniscientfool

Loc: wherever i go
Should he poo, in the oven?
    #1508141 - 04/30/03 03:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

My uncle had bought a bag of "Organic Manure" from Home Depot (has a pic of a cow and some tomatoes on it) when he first started growing, but never opened it and he doesnt really know if this is good stuff, but his question is:

1. Should he combine this with wheat straw, pasteurize, and spawn with WBS, or should he just forget about this bag and spawn only to wheat straw?

2. Also he has oven bags and a meat thermometer, problem is his primitive oven's lowest setting is 250C, but he wants to oven pasteurize(stubborn peice of shit) anyway. can he just take it up to 250 and shut it off every once-in-awhile? Or gimmie a suggestion please, thanks

--------------------
Are things meant to happen, or are we meant to make things happen?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Should he poo, in the oven? [Re: apuffball]
    #1508168 - 04/30/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some people have reported results with store bought manure. I have never tried it but it might be worth it though. I would however combine both straw and the manure to make sure they have something to eat if they dont like the manure.

Never know, you could do a small trial run on the stuff, it may work and I imagine its alot cleaner than naturally collected manure...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
Re: Should he poo, in the oven? [Re: apuffball]
    #1508198 - 04/30/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

1. Should he combine this with wheat straw, pasteurize, and spawn with WBS, or should he just forget about this bag and spawn only to wheat straw?

try doing a 50/50 mix. afoaf uses this ratio 3/3/1, composted manure/wheat straw/vermiculite, and has gotten some pretty good results with the store bought shit.
Quote:

Also he has oven bags and a meat thermometer, problem is his primitive oven's lowest setting is 250C, but he wants to oven pasteurize(stubborn peice of shit) anyway. can he just take it up to 250 and shut it off every once-in-awhile? Or gimmie a suggestion please, thanks

i'd strongly reccommed against that, going above 170 for more than a few minutes can cause some major problems, just do it on the stove with a candy thermometer. If you're worried about the smell, afoaf tells me that the store bought composted manure doesn't smell at all compared to the fresh stuff.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates