Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Cake birth and dunking
    #1507534 - 04/30/03 12:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This is my monkeys 2nd attempt...the first was contaminated. He used brown rice coated with brown rice flour. Colonization started 2 days after innoc. and the jars were fully colonized in 8-10 days!! One cake was birthed after 21 days from innoc. and is getting a cold shock now cause it looked a little dry. Is this too soon?
Humidity in the grow chamber isnt a concern but air exchange is. BTW what is the purpose of using H2O2 with the water? My monkey is very poor and is using a tuperware container covered with saran wrap ,perlite in the bottom . How can he get a good air exchange and how often is it needed? How soon can he expect pinning to start(the strain is golden teacher)? Any suggestions or tips are welcome, but keep in mind how poor my little monkey is.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejakeholman
crotch rocketsrule!

Re: Cake birth and dunking [Re: dizzim]
    #1507561 - 04/30/03 12:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

>How can he get a good air exchange and how often is it needed? How soon can he expect pinning to start(the strain is golden teacher)?

fanning as often as possible with a piece of cardboard(whatever) as often as you can is best, but once a day is enough. the more you fan the better, especially with inducing pinning. there once was a stubborn gt casing that didnt want to pin and it took a week and a bit. and to help the pinning process, fan and spray everything, bc high humidity is best.
Jake H

--------------------
The above statement is fictitious and for entertainment purposes only. I do not use or condone the use of illegal substances, nor do I use or condone the use of legal substances in an illegal manner.

Offlinedizzim
Born Again Head
Re: Cake birth and dunking [Re: jakeholman]
    #1508044 - 04/30/03 02:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The fruiting chamber is ready to go...how much h2o2 should be added? The temp stays pretty constant at 68% is that too low?
Am i the only one who has an urge to take a bite out of the cake?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale