Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip?
    #1507112 - 04/30/03 09:12 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

When I trip I do it for a number of reasons, but the main overriding factor is to have fun. I may be tripping on my own and seeking answers to some higher question, or I may be tripping with friends and just having a giggle, but all I'm really looking for is an experience that I enjoy.

I've tripped and not had fun, like i'm sure many of you have, and I've learnt from the experiences, but I wasn't satisfied that I achieved what I wanted to achieve. Perhaps its just how I look at life, but being happy, and seeing my friends and famly is my motivation. If I didn't enjoy tripping, I'm not sure I would.

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: tooky]
    #1507116 - 04/30/03 09:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I agree with you in alot of ways. When I trip, my main purpose is to have a good time. I know that MANY of you out there probably think you shouldnt even trip unless your trying to achieve something, but thats hullabaloo.

Trip for the reasons you want. Thats why it's a free (conditionally) country.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinetooky
ol' smokeyglazed eyes

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1507123 - 04/30/03 09:19 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Trip for the reasons you want. Thats why it's a free (conditionally) country.

Absolutely! I wouldn't suggest anything else  :smile:

--------------------
--
"Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life."

- Terry Pratchett, Jingo, 1997

OfflineHidingInPlainSight
Male User Gallery
Loc: Oklahoma City , OK, USA
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: tooky]
    #1507133 - 04/30/03 09:24 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

i have fun when i trip... i dont trip to have fun... :smile: 

OfflineAshland
Space Cowboy

Loc: North America
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: HidingInPlainSight]
    #5392095 - 03/12/06 02:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think we all trip because we enjoy it, otherwise we wouldn't keep doing it. It's how humans work, after all - we tend to do what we enjoy :-) I've had a bad trip or two when I was more inexperienced with psychedelics, but the prospect of the enjoyable trips kept me coming back.

OfflineKonnrade
↑↑↓↓<--><-->BA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LA Suburbs
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: Ashland]
    #5392891 - 03/12/06 06:23 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Wow, you bumped a three year old thread

--------------------

I find your lack of faith disturbing

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: Konnrade]
    #5392901 - 03/12/06 06:27 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i once dated a 3 year old thread, the thread police came an arrested me and put me in the pedothread folder. :sad:

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5392965 - 03/12/06 06:49 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I think its a good thread to bump.....

Your idea of fun could be sitting alone in the dark, or reading from a feild guide/a good(seemingly boring book),
or it could be laughing your ass off and running around town at clubs and shit acting like your just plain tripped out.

I dont think this question has any really good answer, because people perceive fun differently. SOme even consider bad trips to be undoubtably the best trips, and to some degree they are very much fun.
All these silly words and definitions should go out the window when you trip. DO what you want to do, its the grand plan.
If you wanted to do something better for yourself and the whole learning experience aspect of it, you would. SOme people just do it for the sake of the word "fun", and those are often the people who have no idea what the hell they are talking about. Although certainly, many who are really ready for the message also have the ability to laugh and experience what is typically considered to be fun. SO it really is a silly question to answer unless approached in a certain way. If approached the right way it shows the variety of types of people who trip. Neither is better than the other in a way.
Though when dealing with the two polar opposits, one hits the nail on the head and one doesnt even come close. Call it fate, karma, the cosmic shame. Its alive and well and very real.

Edited by stemmer (03/12/06 07:09 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: stemmer]
    #5393181 - 03/12/06 08:01 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I trip for various reasons, right now I want to trip to try and enter the clear light and/or gain spiritual progress and wipe out karma, but if I don't have fun generally I feel unsatisfied when I do in fact trip. So fun is a big motivaitonal factor as well.

my last DXM trip comes to mind, sure I felt altered, had visuals. But my mind was completely sober and it was like "............. why don't I feel anything?"

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Loc: Ontario
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: leery11]
    #5393250 - 03/12/06 08:20 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Some times I trip for fun
Some times I trip for insight

Some times my fun trips are insightful, and sometimes my insightful are very fun.

My last LSD trip was done mostly for fun. I had a new batch of LSD, wanted to do a low-dose (or so I thought) test run, and to see a DJ I really liked.

Went to the club - had an amazing time. Came home, and then the trip turned into a far more insightful expierence in a more relaxed enviorment.

So, started out as fun - but also turned into a very insightful expierence.

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: kaniz]
    #5393500 - 03/12/06 09:31 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

thats awesome
probably the kind of ride I'm looking for.
Mine are always just headfuck "what the fuck do you think you are doing to yourself?" kind of trips... I don't know why I go back... sometimes it's because I feel I was so close to touching 'it' but came back down real hard. My last one was like I was one hairlength away from touching 'it' (the end, infinty, death of everything in the spiritual sense) but how long is a hair? IDK, I just feel like I want to learn something, but enjoy the learning process.
My last trip on what I thought was acid, (in fact was DOB) was just insane reality was shoved in a blender with the colours, the sounds, the WAVY CHECKERED PATTERNS (anyone else get these? they always seem so prominent when I'm headfucked) and I was just falling/slipping/being thrown and flushed down the toilet with everything that was in my head.
It wasn't fun, but when I came round, I thought it was... so I went back again :P
call me crazy

Offlinestemmer
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: indica]
    #5393555 - 03/12/06 09:42 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

MOst people who have a typical aboriginal dose of ayahuasca have a VERY hard time with it(very large dose). Its a medicine, and it almost always changes a life for the better. Just as an example.
There is nothing like accepting death, and loosing yourself entirely only to come back to live among the rest of us.
Bad trips are heavy trips for the most part, and even they can end up to be the (by far) best trips.

If you think trips can be fun because of how you experience them at a club or a bar, then good luck to you. I wouldnt recommend doing that too often. Its just pointless unless you are into low doses, and hate being alone even when sober. I think loud music and hundreds of people etc etc etc, are a waist of time. I wouldnt ingest hallucinogens, or wouldnt do that to my brain if I planned on being in such an environment. Thats just me though. Thats not my idea of fun while using hallucinogens, though I would enjoy that setting thoroughly any other day.

Edited by stemmer (03/12/06 09:47 PM)

Offlineoblivia
Stranger
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: stemmer]
    #5394310 - 03/13/06 03:39 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i dont just take them for fun, i kinda turn it into an 'event'. even if the event is just having fun, i still don't consider taking them just for fun. i would never say, last time was fun, lets do the same thing. i always wanna try something different. i have had to trip at my room twice because it was too cold to hang around outside for too long. however the second time it was less new-ish. so basically i dont take them just for the fun of it, im always kinda experimenting with a fun thing to do. but fun is a major factor however, if it wasnt fun i wouldnt do it. duh!

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: oblivia]
    #5394452 - 03/13/06 07:24 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Well, it also really depends on the substance that you are doing.

Things like LSD and Mushrooms do have the possability to be rather fun. However, something like Ayahuasca I would not be doing for a "fun" time and going to a club or bar.

The intent of my trip will also reflect the substance I chose to take that night. I know for me, HWBR - it was a very enjoyable and insightful expierence, but it wasnt a very fun one.

It's something I really want to do sometime again in the near future, but its not something I'd be doing for fun.

Some substances do seem to lend themself to a fun/recreational value (ie: LSD, Mush), while others do not (ie: Aya).

And, I'll also add - the ammount I take also plays a role in what I'm looking for.

If I am eating 6g of mushrooms - its not going to be while going out with friends or when going to a club. It'd be the kind of trip where I would of set aside time to be at home, quiet, and looking to 'get something' more than a good time.

If I am going out with friends or to a club or a bar - I'd be sticking with a much smaller dose as thats easier to handle in a 'fun' situation. True, low-dose trips can be very insightful too, and I'll do a low dose and stay home and relax.

But, if I'm looking /JUST/ for a fun time and being social - I most def will not be pushing my dosage up much past 3g.

Or, with LSD: If I am looking to be social and have fun, I'd just stick around 1 hit.

If I am wanting a more spiritial/inightful expierence and more than just 'fun' - I may do 3 or 4 hits. (Obviously, strenght of the blotter pays a roll). But, I dont see myself eating a 10strip and going out to a club - thats the kind of thing where I'd want to be in an enviorment that I can control to get the most out of the trip.

So, dosage also plays a role in the "am I just tripping for fun or not?" - while low dose trips can still be very insightful, if I'm pushing my dosage into higher ranges - I generally have another intent in my mind than 'just a good time', and I wont be going out to bars or clubs or parties.

Edited by kaniz (03/13/06 07:53 AM)

OfflinerDr4g0n
Young Hand
Male User Gallery
    #5394545 - 03/13/06 08:47 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i cant stand clubs or bars whether im tripping or not.

tripping is a very personal experience for me, and i even feel kinda weird when my wife is tripsitting me. so yeah i guess its somewhat sacred to me, and i wouldnt wanna sully it by being around a bunch of drunk retards trying to get laid using roofie-coladas lol

--------------------
i can speel... im just too lazy to sppelcheck.

My first trip (good read) - Speed Leaching Poo! - My Second Trip (with art)

Invisiblekaniz
That one, overthere.
Male

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: rDr4g0n]
    #5394593 - 03/13/06 09:14 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I actually just dont like bars in general - its very rare I'll go out to one sober or not. I dont like dealing with drunk bafoons. If I'm going to be having drinks, I'd rather do it at home and invite friends over. You can actually hold real conversations there :P

But, clubs are different - even when sober, I get lost in my own world while dancing. And, something about hearing the music on a BIG sound system, with a good crowd with a great vibe - it can be a great expierence while tripping.

But yeah, bars - bleh, no. :P

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#5394647 - 03/13/06 09:48 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

"Some substances do seem to lend themself to a fun/recreational value (ie: LSD, Mush), while others do not (ie: Aya)."

Very much true.

It depends what you mean by fun. If you mean to giggle and have a blast with friends for a few hours... on many substances this happens, and I enjoy myself and my interactions with friends. It really brings people together. Other times, it isn't fun in this way, but in a terrifying way that you get to know your own mind in ways you thought you never could. A lot of people who trip for the first kind of fun might be horrified by this to the point where they'd never trip again. I'd call it fun when all is said and done, and I wouldn't keep tripping if it weren't for these things. I'd just drink or something.

So, even if the experience isn't even fun, the overall idea is something I find fun and peace in. But if tripping were just for a good time, I can't see why the fuck I would ever take salvia again... heh.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #5394676 - 03/13/06 10:03 AM (18 years, 1 month ago)

i think it is a kind of vitamine
without it the world seems much less healthy
in this way you could say, that i take it to help others.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinefromga2wa
TRUSTED Mycolanthropist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Renton,WA
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #14295915 - 04/15/11 02:25 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

Fun

InvisibleAbstraKt_I_Am

Loc: Abroad.
Re: Do you trip to have fun? Do you have fun when you trip? [Re: fromga2wa]
    #14295947 - 04/15/11 02:33 PM (13 years, 4 days ago)

I trip to trip. It helps me, I've had weird difficult trips with no euphoria except for random laughter which surprisingly lacked pleasure. So when I have fun, I just consider it a bonus. I mean during the experience when I feel I'm self reflecting even if its difficult I'm learning things about my self and the world around me which just feels 'right'  so to speak. In my opinion that's fun.

Funs an opinion. Some people do really sick fucked up things and have a blast so I don't see why psychedelic experiences even when they're rough can't be fun to some out there.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom