Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEgoMagickian
human

Loc: San Francisco
Hitting a wall with mushrooms?
    #15066071 - 09/12/11 03:41 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hi all,

My last few mushroom experiences all contained a period of intense discomfort physically, emotionally, mentally that felt the same. I've been working with them intentionally to try and move past it and have not yet.

A friend who used to work with mushrooms maybe 10 years ago told me that most of the people in his group, including him, seemed to hit a kind of wall where every time they took mushrooms they ended up in the same place. The content of the experience would differ for each person (for me it's mostly stomach discomfort and not liking anything, for him it was the same disturbing imagery), but each person had the experience of revisiting whatever his or her particular negative experience was each time.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had such an experience, and if so whether or not you got past it, and if so how.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinelaughingcow
You Mum Loves It
 User Gallery

Loc: Here
Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: EgoMagickian]
    #15066164 - 09/12/11 04:25 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ahh no why dont you just buy yourself some Stomex, maxalon, buscopan, lomitil there's a bucket load of anti-nausea tablets out there or you could just try the old fashioned way and throw up, works everytime.

--------------------
You Benedict

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: laughingcow]
    #15066206 - 09/12/11 04:55 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

maybe subconsciously because the last few times you had these intense periods your kinda psyching yourself into them again? As for the stomach discomfort.....if you blend them up into nothing i have way less stomach issues than if i just eat them whole for some reason? also TUMS definitely work.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

OfflineRegsa
Stranger

Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: laughingcow]
    #15066276 - 09/12/11 05:33 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have been hitting the exact same "wall" the last couple of times I've been taking mushrooms. I haven't been eating shrooms for some years, until recently when I started doing them again. Each recent trip has ended up in a stomach-hell. Which has changed my trip from an outgoing to a very inward experience. Back in the days when I started tripping on shrooms, it was the most pleasant and mellow feeling I had every experienced. I have been reading a lot on the board about this - and I still don't know whether it is a pure physical problem, anxiety or a mix of it all. The recent trips, have been in conjunction with raves or the like - so a somewhat party environment. - and switching from a normally very extrovert person, to an introvert person, just wanting to lay down and not talking has been a discomforting experience, almost making me want to ditch the shrooms. - which I really would hate to do. I have been making teas, eating fresh and dried and the result has been somewhat the same. I am planing to do a trip by my self to see whether there is something the shrooms want to tell me, which hasn't been possible in the environments where I have been taking them, so far. Another option I'm considering is to try an extract - again; to learn whether this stomach feeling is starting mentally or physically.

I'll post what ever findings I will come across.

Good luck!

Cheers

OfflineRegsa
Stranger

Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: Regsa]
    #15066289 - 09/12/11 05:40 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

@Silly Goose: I think you have a good point. - being anxious about having a bad trip due to my stomach, might provoke it to happen!

OfflinePrimalSoup
won't you please help my dog?
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #15066370 - 09/12/11 07:13 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Make tea (see my sig) and you'll have no nausea at all.  No reason to be all focused on body effects like nausea - pretty certain that you'll get what you're expecting under those circumstances. :laugh2:

Quote:

I am planing to do a trip by my self to see whether there is something the shrooms want to tell me,

Yeah, they want to tell you "DON'T TRY TO DIGEST CHITEN!"  Do not leave the spent shrooms in the tea. :puke:

:peace:PS

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

Offlineely2121
Vagabond

Loc: 5th dimension
Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #15066486 - 09/12/11 08:48 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Tea FTW :whathesaid:
It helps a lot with the nausea and if you have to throw up don't fight and just treat is a purge and you will feel almost instantly better.

Have you tried increasing your dosage? Where are you at now? 
Based on what you have said, I would just tell you to take 7+ grams and lay in bed with some headphones and close your eyes... see where that takes you.
Usually there is discomfort no matter what the dosage so in my opinion you may as well have a proper dose, vomit if you have to, then settle in for the next six hours or so because you will forget all about your stomach in a bit :smile:

I have found also that certain races have different body loads.  It might just be placebo or psychosomatic but it's worth a shot to try others if you have access.

Sometimes we are just not ready for what the mushrooms have to show us.
Give it some time and come back to it.
Good luck.  :levitate:

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: ely2121] * 1
    #15066796 - 09/12/11 11:07 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

This is very normal, in my opinion. It's the 'triping without a purpose' issue in my book. You have the setting down, but mentally your not really set. This is one ofthe reasons that mushrooms are not addictive.

I would take it as the mushrooms telling you to stop. Or at least stop for while. Give them a break, use less often, find a purpose for taking them.

Just my 2 cents

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: HarryL]
    #15066885 - 09/12/11 11:34 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

what HarryL said.

OfflinePrimalSoup
won't you please help my dog?
Other User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
    #15067407 - 09/12/11 01:42 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

. I am planing to do a trip by my self to see whether there is something the shrooms want to tell me, which hasn't been possible in the environments where I have been taking them, so far. Another option I'm considering is to try an extract - again; to learn whether this stomach feeling is starting mentally or physically.

Also this - it'd be a good idea.  If you want to hear what they have "to tell you" you need to be able to listen, essentially without distractions.  The journey is within.

--------------------

if you stand too close to the machine it'll start to eat you
Primal's simple tested teks and projects: :awesomenod: Grain Prep  Acidic Tea Tek  Potency Project! 

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

#15070816 - 09/13/11 12:58 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

"Why don't you try ___ to avoid/prevent/control nausea/stomach discomfort?"

Two reasons:
- My experience is that stomach discomfort is not an unavoidable effect of eating mushrooms, but simply concurrent with whatever's going on with me.
- Pure physical discomfort does not seem to be the heart of what's going on here, it's just the easiest to point to.

"Are you creating this going in to it with expectation?"

Certainly possible. If so, I don't think it's on a conscious level. I don't feel anxious or negative going into the experience, nor am I aware of expecting or looking for this particular experience, e.g. "Is it happening again? Is it happening again?"

Quote:

ely2121 said:
Have you tried increasing your dosage? Where are you at now?

Give it some time and come back to it.
Good luck.  :levitate:

Current dosage: 3.5g

Give it time has been one recommendation. For now, I am doing a lot of work around the issues (so far with craniosacral, shamanism, psychological coaching, and some brief hypnotic exploration... coming up, with san pedro) before making that decision. Thanks for the well wishes.

Quote:

HarryL said:
This is very normal, in my opinion. It's the 'triping without a purpose' issue in my book. You have the setting down, but mentally your not really set. This is one ofthe reasons that mushrooms are not addictive.

I would take it as the mushrooms telling you to stop. Or at least stop for while. Give them a break, use less often, find a purpose for taking them.

Just my 2 cents

Generally I use them quarterly (solstice and equinox) in the context of a group ceremony. Purpose and intention is key. Inner journey time is part of the ceremony structure, although not the whole of the experience.

What I have noticed about my set since summer solstice is that I have had a lot of difficulty letting go to receive craniosacral work. It's been very hard to simply rest in stillness. I think I'm being called to let go of strategies of control on a deeper level than in the past, and it's got my defenses up.

Anyway, at this point I'm less interested in all of us attempting to troubleshoot my situation and more interested to hear other people's accounts of any similar times in their own journeys.

Quote:

Regsa said:
I have been hitting the exact same "wall" the last couple of times I've been taking mushrooms. I haven't been eating shrooms for some years, until recently when I started doing them again. Each recent trip has ended up in a stomach-hell. Which has changed my trip from an outgoing to a very inward experience. Back in the days when I started tripping on shrooms, it was the most pleasant and mellow feeling I had every experienced. I have been reading a lot on the board about this - and I still don't know whether it is a pure physical problem, anxiety or a mix of it all. The recent trips, have been in conjunction with raves or the like - so a somewhat party environment. - and switching from a normally very extrovert person, to an introvert person, just wanting to lay down and not talking has been a discomforting experience, almost making me want to ditch the shrooms. - which I really would hate to do. I have been making teas, eating fresh and dried and the result has been somewhat the same. I am planing to do a trip by my self to see whether there is something the shrooms want to tell me, which hasn't been possible in the environments where I have been taking them, so far. Another option I'm considering is to try an extract - again; to learn whether this stomach feeling is starting mentally or physically.

I'll post what ever findings I will come across.

Good luck!

Cheers

Sorry to hear that. Judging from the supporters of tea on this board, it would seem that if you are still experiencing this with tea that it's not just physical. I'm curious, what's the emotional tone of these trips? Part of my experience is anger and irritation, not liking anything. Hard to describe.

Good luck to you as well. Will be interested to hear what way you find through.

OfflineEgoMagickian
human

#15502207 - 12/11/11 11:58 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Hi folks,

Here is the update to this situation:

My original post was about distress I was feeling in mushroom ceremony. It happened during our summer solstice event, and again in a followup session I did a couple weeks after. I couldn't understand the distress, what it was, or what to do about it. It felt like I had hit a wall with the mushrooms.

To explore this issue, I first attended a shamanic drumming circle. Participants were asked to formulate a question beforehand and told that during the drumming we would meet a totem animal which would answer our question symbolically.

My question was, "What has been going on with me in ceremony, and what do I do about it?" I was shown an image of myself in a cauldron over a fire. The opening of the cauldron was too small for me to get out, and the water level was over my head and hot, preventing my animal from reaching me. When I asked what to do, I was shown an image of myself growing larger and busting out of the cauldron.

The facilitator told me to look for my animal over the coming days and weeks, e.g. "You might be thinking, does the image mean this? and then see a bus go by with a picture of your animal on the side."

No sign of my animal was forthcoming as the days rolled by and soon enough it was fall equinox and I was scheduled to attend a san pedro ceremony. It was my first time working with this medicine, and the weekend included two days of ceremony.

During the first san pedro ceremony I found myself going into some grief around a loved one who died recently. As I allowed myself to explore the feelings and talk about them with my partner, I eventually recognized some of what was coming out of my mouth as things I had said in the distressing mushroom ceremonies. The feelings were also the same, only this time I could understand them. They related primarily to feelings I had facing my powerlessness over the death of my loved one. It was a very stuck place when I went through her death: there was nothing I could do but helplessly sit by and watch. This was the cauldron, the place I had been stuck in my grieving process.

At the end of the second san pedro ceremony, I saw a symbol of my animal... heading to bed, I mistook some items in our tent for actual animals in our tent. Reflecting on this, I speculated that this must mean I had busted out of the cauldron: in the vision I could not see my animal because I was in the cauldron. It made sense that I wouldn't see my animal until the process of busting out was complete.

Of course, the test would be: what happened next time I took mushrooms? We have now finished our winter solstice ceremony, and I'm happy to say that I did NOT experience the same distress that I did previously!

I did experience some other distress, and some stomach pain... but nothing like previously, and it dissipated and I was able to enjoy most of the event, unlike the last two times.

Offlinequebus
Stranger

#15502268 - 12/12/11 12:09 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Regsa said:
The recent trips, have been in conjunction with raves or the like - so a somewhat party environment. - and switching from a normally very extrovert person, to an introvert person, just wanting to lay down and not talking has been a discomforting experience, almost making me want to ditch the shrooms. - which I really would hate to do.
Cheers

I think we lose track of set and setting.  Raves can be the worst setting.  I feel that shrooms are a mandatory solo experience with music.  This is not a social drug.  When I trip with a friend, I lower the dose to recreational level (1 gram PE or lower) and maintain a state where I can easily communicate and then retreat at will.  When solo, I increase the dosage (1.7 gram PE) and enjoy myself by myself.

Offlinequebus
Stranger

Re: Hitting a wall with mushrooms? [Re: PrimalSoup]
    #15502303 - 12/12/11 12:15 AM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

PrimalSoup said:

Yeah, they want to tell you "DON'T TRY TO DIGEST CHITEN!"  Do not leave the spent shrooms in the tea. :puke:

How true.  Go to wall mart or BB&B and get a grease skimmer (a very fine sieve) in the kitchen wares dept.  Use this to screen out the spent shrooms from the tea.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience