Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewfound_wonder
Social Outcast
Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: LayinUp]
    #15064969 - 09/11/11 09:10 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Every note played by the guitar was profound and meaningful.  I also felt like the house I was in was metaphorically floating into outer space.

--------------------
If it's good for fungus, it's good for us...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefatppl12

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Newfound_wonder]
    #15065010 - 09/11/11 09:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Trying to keep this thread on topic, here is another one that should have your eyes streaming - mine sure were. Beautiful, classy tune.

Edited by fatppl12 (09/11/11 09:17 PM)

InvisibleDietrootbear
makes u think
Female

Loc: Sheffield, UK Flag
Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Han Jeremy]
    #15065068 - 09/11/11 09:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Han Jeremy said:
Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
Quote:

Han Jeremy said:
Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
And what was it like? imagery, thoughts, feeling, etc.

i'm wondering what's up with the drawing in front of giorgio tsoukalos' face in your signature. i don't understand the point, but i can tell you many people would find it extremely offensive.

Lol,
5/10, vague

i'm absolutely serious. i could care less who's face is behind it. the point is the racially offensiveness of the drawing, as in an exaggerated size of the lips and nose, along with a gold tooth. that is exactly the same as the "sambo" type drawings from the former part of the 20th century and before. i see absolutely no humor in it whatsoever.

Can I borrow your extra chromosome?
That's a portrait of an actual person, lol.
Russel Jones (a.k.a. Ol Dirty Bastard).
Yes, of the Wu-Tang.
Lol.
Just,
lol.

--------------------
I'd never disassemble God's bicycle, when he rides is the only time I get to look up his skirt.

- themanlymaenad

Invisiblefatppl12

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Dietrootbear]
    #15065083 - 09/11/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
Yes, of the Wu-Tang.
Lol.
Just,
lol.

Bring da mothafuckin' ruckus.

OfflineBothHands
Dog Coffee
Female User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15065092 - 09/11/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Grateful Dead - That's it for the Other One.

It was also the first grateful dead song I ever heard.

My first trip of my life.  On 6 amber gel tabs, no less.

It was one of the most beautiful moments of my life.  Starts out by putting you at completely peace.

Something about the lyric "you know he had to die" in the voice he uses just puts everything into perspective.  It gives you the feeling that even the worst thing that can happen, death, had to happen, and it's ok.

Then at 1:30 the guitar starts really taking you to places.  Get up and dance like it's the last dance of your life.

After a while, the bass comes in, and the internation between the bass and guitar are just breath taking.  Didn't know if I should stand in awe, dance until I had nothing left in my body, or just drop dead on the spot of pure awesome.

And then at the end, something truly amazing happens.  You're taking out of the place you are, and dropped off at the beginning of the universe.  The big bag has just happened and it's pure chaos.  Thing start slowing down as time goes by, and small blips of order start forming in the chaos.  Eventually the world is born and life starts.

It'll always be the best song to ever exist.  Sober or tripping.

Edit: Turns out the world being born and life starting is right at the end of the song, and the majority is on the next song on the album.  The one song melds into the other.

Edited by BothHands (09/11/11 09:42 PM)

OfflineCudder
Learner

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: BothHands]
    #15065122 - 09/11/11 09:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The first song I really got into on psychedelics was 'No Shelter' by Rage Against the Machine...

It is powerful song (if you like rage you know what I mean) but I felt amazing listening to it thinking about all the funny looking suburban people mowing their lawns and stuff around me...
For a few moments I felt like I was living as my best friend, while listening to it...
It was cool.

InvisibleDietrootbear
makes u think
Female

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: fatppl12] * 1
    #15065135 - 09/11/11 09:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

fatppl12 said:

Bring da mothafuckin' ruckus.

:Trollface:

--------------------
I'd never disassemble God's bicycle, when he rides is the only time I get to look up his skirt.

- themanlymaenad

OfflineCudder
Learner

#15065151 - 09/11/11 09:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Mindless Self Indulgence was also pretty fun on mushrooms...
I danced all the way across a huge soccer field listening to '2 Hookers and an Eightball'

InvisibleLayinUp
Crush yo rating like yo butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Between the permafrost an... Flag
Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Dietrootbear] * 1
    #15065220 - 09/11/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
Quote:

Han Jeremy said:
Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
Quote:

Han Jeremy said:
i'm wondering what's up with the drawing in front of giorgio tsoukalos' face in your signature. i don't understand the point, but i can tell you many people would find it extremely offensive.

Lol,
5/10, vague

i'm absolutely serious. i could care less who's face is behind it. the point is the racially offensiveness of the drawing, as in an exaggerated size of the lips and nose, along with a gold tooth. that is exactly the same as the "sambo" type drawings from the former part of the 20th century and before. i see absolutely no humor in it whatsoever.

Yes, of the Wu-Tang.
Lol.
Just,
lol.

Haha, I guess that goes to show people can read anything they want out of something. Like, a person who is overly sensitive to racism (and possibly a racist themselves) will probably look at something that I don't find offensive and think it's racist! Just shows how a predisposed mind can cloud judgement.

Also, MSI is the shit. Straight to Video is one of my favorite songs they have when I'm shrooming.

Of course RATM takes the cake, too - sober or high I love them.

--------------------

Escape the box.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
    #15065291 - 09/11/11 09:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, of the Wu-Tang.
Lol.
Just,
lol.

i know who he is, but did not know it was a portrait of him. i don't understand the point of sticking it in front of some other persons face, someone might easily take it as racial, as i did. i just don't see the point behind it and it looks like many racial comic jokes that people have done in the past. maybe i'm just overly sensitive in this area, and i immediattely jumped to a conclusion. i have very close friends of many ethnicities and orientations including black friends, and racial equality is something that is extremely important to me. if i misunderstood what the whole point of it is, and it's not meant to  be racist, then i do apologize to you.

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

InvisibleDietrootbear
makes u think
Female

#15065328 - 09/11/11 10:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Han Jeremy said:

i know who he is, but did not know it was a portrait of him. i don't understand the point of sticking it in front of some other persons face, someone might easily take it as racial, as i did. i just don't see the point behind it and it looks like many racial comic jokes that people have done in the past. maybe i'm just overly sensitive in this area, and i immediattely jumped to a conclusion. i have very close friends of many ethnicities and orientations including black friends, and racial equality is something that is extremely important to me. if i misunderstood what the whole point of it is, and it's not meant to  be racist, then i do apologize to you.

There was no point, I just take Giorgio's face and put other faces on top of his as Photoshop practice. This one seemed ridiculous so I kept it as my signature.

--------------------

- themanlymaenad

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Dietrootbear] * 1
    #15065417 - 09/11/11 10:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dietrootbear said:
Quote:

Han Jeremy said:

There was no point, I just take Giorgio's face and put other faces on top of his as Photoshop practice. This one seemed ridiculous so I kept it as my signature.

ok,well i apologize to you. when i was growing up, i was in a fairly diverse place- but it was mostly whites. anyway, my best friend i grew up with is black. i can remember one day one of the kids called him a nigger. he made plans to fight the kid after school was done that day. anyway, everyone met in a park and the 2 kids started fighting. all the other white kids there besides me were chanting "fight, fight, nigger and a white, the white don't win,we'll all jump in". after that happened, i put myself in his place and i couldn't imagine how that must of felt to him. sorry for the long story, but that's just an example of why i am so empathetic. i've had friendships with people of all races, sexes, sexual orientations, and religions, and i guess i have become so sensitive to bigotry that i didn't wait to find out all the facts. i apologize to you,ok?

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
 User Gallery

#15065432 - 09/11/11 10:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

and to you too Layinup.

--------------------

OfflineXobil3
Local Host

Loc: 127.0.0.1 Flag
    #15065511 - 09/11/11 10:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Shine Down - Simple Man(live)

I don't even listen to shine down, but my friend insisted that I listen to it with him. The actual song was incredibly emotional and Brent put on a stellar performance, I almost cried it was that good.

I still listen to that song to sometimes to bring up memories and feelings of the first time I smoked(I consider weed a psychedelic). Link.

--------------------
Always remember, there's at least one person in this Universe that would do anything for YOU

Offlinelumadaylight9
Stranger

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: Xobil3]
    #15065522 - 09/11/11 10:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Herbie Hancock - Chameleon

Thought I was in the 70s at some kind of disco or something. Very profound experience.

Invisible420happyhippy
Swamp Dunkey
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The Herion Capital of Ame...
Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: lumadaylight9]
    #15065927 - 09/12/11 12:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Google search Larry Carlson. As a youngster, the fucker blew my mind!!

-HH

--------------------
"I AM, WAS, AND ALWAYS WILL BE."

Offlinemundane
Comfy in Nautica

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: 420happyhippy]
    #15066368 - 09/12/11 05:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Spent pretty much my entire first trip (which was on mescaline) listening to Panda Bear's "Person Pitch".  So, for like ten hours straight, that's all I listened to.  Really kicked off my newfound preference for psychedelic music (as opposed to regular ol' rock).

--------------------
:mushroom2: Tips for a good trip :mushroom2:

drink me

InvisibleDietrootbear
makes u think
Female

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: lumadaylight9]
    #15066453 - 09/12/11 06:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lumadaylight9 said:
Herbie Hancock - Chameleon

Thought I was in the 70s at some kind of disco or something. Very profound experience.

Dat Herbie.

I love Herbie Hancock. And that record.
(and Sun Ra, just because)

--------------------

- themanlymaenad

OfflineGuruBushHippie
MountainMan
Male

Loc: USA Flag
    #15066496 - 09/12/11 06:53 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i remember it so, so vividly. 2 hits of some bomb WoW. i was fucking confused as hell and starting to lose it so i had my sitter play some music and she played Ripple by the Grateful Dead and it instantly turned the trip around and i had a great night! Thank you Jerry, forever grateful.

--------------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I cut straight through the forest, and that has made all the difference.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: What was the first song you heard on Psychedelics? [Re: GuruBushHippie]
    #15066641 - 09/12/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

shpongle - divine moments of truth. made me feel like my car was a jeep in the jungle as we were parked under some trees

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds