Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Anonymous

why was i banned?
    #1506403 - 04/29/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I just read the rules for banning and it says it will give a reason .. and i was given "baiting and heckling" but no where did it include what i said... it was just pulled from a hat and magically it was justified that i was banned.

since no "individual" banned me(it said administration) i asked moe and other moderators publicly in the forum and not one person answered my question. they all completely ignored me and even when other members asked on my behalf.

i think this banning was unjustified... and stems from the fact that i protested the unrighteous banning of bivalve by simply saying "unban bivalve" which clearly does not represent "baiting and heckling"

i will be very happy to put this issue to a rest if a moderator can point out what i said which initiated my 5 day temporary ban... thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: why was i banned? [Re: ]
    #1506408 - 04/29/03 11:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have no interest in getting into a long, drawn out debate over this, but does it really matter? And if your banning was "unjustified" what are you really going to do about it? Get your money back? Like I said, I'm not trying to cause an argument, but take your lumps like a man and just let it rest would you?

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: why was i banned? [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1506415 - 04/29/03 11:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It does matter to him. It matters to me as well. Accountability needs to increase around here. When someone is reprimanded they should be given a reason, otherwise how are they to change their behavior to avoid being reprimanded again.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Anonymous

#1506417 - 04/29/03 11:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

is this how you want the shroomery run, just "be quiet" its over and done with? i'm sorry, but i care about this place.. i don't even care about my ban.. believe me, it didn't effect me that much, but this is something that harms the integrity of the shroomery and the moderators that run it. i'm doing this just so i can get closure, and it will hopefully show me there is logic and reason behind these decisions, not swift clicks of banning due to emotion.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
    #1506470 - 04/30/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

baiting and heckling

Thats your closure. Good luck.

Anonymous

Re: why was i banned? [Re: Thor]
    #1506481 - 04/30/03 12:09 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok, show me where i "baited and heckled"... thats what i'm asking for.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

#1506494 - 04/30/03 12:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Can't you search? You have like a million posts.

Last post you made was jumping into Moe's thread with "UNBAN BIVALVE!!"

Considering you were bitching non stop maybe that was the trigger for your ban.

Anonymous

#1506512 - 04/30/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

no, i have 1497 posts. i am pretty sure i didn't ban myself, so how the hell would i know which post caused it?

so you are agreeing with me that my unban bivalve posts contributed to my banning? well that just adds fuel to the fire, something is wrong here.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1506525 - 04/30/03 12:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

From the rules.
Quote:

* We reserve the right to ban [b[any user, at any time, for any reason. Use here is strictly permissive and may be withdrawn and withheld. Posting, browsing, or otherwise interacting with Shroomery.org indicates acceptance of these terms of use.

That explains it right there. This is a private club, end of story. Your membership can be revoked just for lookin' goofy. It is obvious you know what you did. There is plenty of logic and reason behind the decisions, you just don't agree with it....Tough. These kinds of posts get old real quick, and I for one am sick of seeing them. You can always leave.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Re: why was i banned? [Re: Joshua]
    #1506530 - 04/30/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

As Thor stated he was given a reason. He just didn't agree with it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1506542 - 04/30/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

funny how when i first came here back in 99 everyone was welcomed and accepted, now that i have a problem, not only is it not addressed, but i'm ridiculed and told to "leave" if i don't like it.... quite sad.

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

#1506554 - 04/30/03 12:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What is sad is people who do not understand the rules, and hold grudges against the administration for doing their job and trying their best to make this place better. What is sad is that some people fail to realize that their actions here have concequences. What is sad is that people were allowed to get away with things which should have not been tolerated in the first place. What is sad is that people here feel the need to push boundries. What is sad is that people cannot realize that (A)it isn't four years ago, and that (B) things change.

--------------------

Edited by I_Fart_Blue (04/30/03 12:47 AM)

Anonymous

#1506562 - 04/30/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i will not get into this debate with you here.

i hope to bring attention to the current situation. thank you.

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

#1506667 - 04/30/03 02:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You know LoOner, im glad and sad you got banned.
Im glad because from what i read you deserved it. Whenever i read your posts i get this distaste in my mouth, ya know? Youre always threatening to beat people up even though you have no idea who they are, you put off a HUGE racist, sexist, homophobic, offstandish vibe in many of your posts. You can almost see it oozing from the words. I think this post describes why you were banned to a T.
LoOner's personality disorder
Im sad because its probably gotten you all riled up and now its going to cause more problems. I wish whoever banned you admitted it so i could stand behind him. Lets face it youre a dick

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1506761 - 04/30/03 03:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I thought we discussed this already in this thread.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum6&Number=1461678&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=3&vc=1

You should be banned for redundancy.
And R E D U N D A N C Y should be added to the forum rules as a banning reason :wink: 

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: why was i banned? [Re: Anno]
    #1506767 - 04/30/03 03:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont think that link is working properly

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: why was i banned? [Re: CultyVader]
    #1506776 - 04/30/03 03:50 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Works for me.
You could also try omitting the variables and using only this.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum6&Number=1461678

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1506795 - 04/30/03 04:12 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You should be perma banned just for being too stupid to comprehend that not only is this a private site and you can be banned for any reason, but also for not realizing most people could give a shit whether you're here or not.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineCultyVader
Dark SporeApprentice

Re: why was i banned? [Re: Anno]
    #1506808 - 04/30/03 04:31 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

worked like a charm.
Thanks Anno

OfflineJackal
Well Versed In Etiquette
 User Gallery

#1506911 - 04/30/03 06:01 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Funny how people forget that use of the forums is a privilige, not a right!

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
    #1506987 - 04/30/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

From what I've seen of Looner's posts he seems to be a pretty humanitarian, passionate and intelligent guy.

I think it would be respectful to allow two way communication regarding a discipline if someone requests it, otherwise we are treated like children and have no opportunity for explaining self in a situational context/understanding the action to change behaviour. I think the mod involved should PM looner and discuss the action adult to adult so to speak. If you treat the people with respect, they treat you with respect.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Anonymous

#1507132 - 04/30/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

ok, i should not have dragged this out this long, i was just hoping for a short quick response with what i said. its no problem though. thanks for everyone who responded.

InvisibleThorA
Anti-Theist OVERLORD
Male User Gallery

Re: why was i banned? [Re: enotake2]
    #1508335 - 04/30/03 04:06 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

From what I've seen of Looner's posts he seems to be a pretty humanitarian, passionate and intelligent guy.

I think it would be respectful to allow two way communication regarding a discipline if someone requests it, otherwise we are treated like children and have no opportunity for explaining self in a situational context/understanding the action to change behaviour. I think the mod involved should PM looner and discuss the action adult to adult so to speak. If you treat the people with respect, they treat you with respect.

So he should have acted like an adult himself. He wouldn't shut up about the bivalve ban, and instead of doing something usefull like posting in this forum asking about the ban, he just kept bitching about it and finally went too far by jumping into a thread Moe started with his "UNBAN BIVALVE" nonesense.

He is totally entitled to his opinion, but there are ways to discuss such things and behaving like that did nothing to help bivalve's cause.

He acts all innocent and 'demands' explanation when he was told why and if he couldn't figure it out with the 'baiting/heckling' and a simple search of his previous posts, then why should people waste more time trying to explain this again to him.

Anno is right, this whole thing is redundant and he simply won't let it go. He's trying to turn a reasonable 5 day ban into some crusade, and all its doing is making him look bad in the process.

If you were put in prison overnight by a cop for something, would you come back every day after and ask the cop why you were put there?

You teach people how to treat you looner, give that some thought and maybe you can see how your actions reflect on how people treat you in return.

Quote:

If you treat the people with respect, they treat you with respect.

Exactly, but its a two way street. He can't expect his own behavior to encourage respect when he did not give it to begin with.

Edited by Thor (04/30/03 04:08 PM)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1508459 - 04/30/03 04:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

luvdemshrooms & I_Fart_Blue = Baiting and heckling.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: why was i banned? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1508560 - 04/30/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Baby_Hitler = whiner

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Anonymous

#1508594 - 04/30/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

thanks for the lesson in life thor, but last time i checked, i didn't ask for one. goodnight.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom