Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question)
    #15061805 - 09/11/11 09:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My trips are amazing, they really are. I love the trippiniess, the visuals, the crazy state of mind, etc

BUT I HATE HOW SHROOMS TAKE MY EMOTIONS ON A WILD ROLLERCOASTER

I will just like all of a sudden while trippong get really sad, then 5 mintues later, im beaming with euphoria, then back to sad, and so on and so forth.

Does experience change this? Or is it impossible to experience the beautiful mushroom dimension without being all manic-depressive

Maybe LSD Is the drug for me?

Any inputbis appreciated :heart:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: Luc1d]
    #15061822 - 09/11/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I get that with all psychedelics, but mushrooms the most intense.

--------------------

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: Fronnis]
    #15061849 - 09/11/11 09:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How many times have you boomed? Does it never get less emotional? Ive done it maybe 8ish times now

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

#15061864 - 09/11/11 09:50 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was thinking the same thing this morning.  Its a giant seesaw of manic-depression where you are being propelled to the highest of the heights and then slammed down in the gutter.  Sometimes on the way you'll get insanely paranoid and delusional thoughts.  I wish I could go back to those trips that just got higher and higher to the limitless heavens.  Ah, but I think I broke my brain some time ago and so now I just try to spoil it for everyone else too.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Offlinelwheidt
the bridgesii guy
 User Gallery

#15061875 - 09/11/11 09:54 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I would say that strong emotional reactions may be just as valuable as the visuals.  If you deal with the emotions psychedelics bring up and try to resolve them in your sober reality after you are done tripping, you may find yourself a better person.

If you ignore the emotions that come up and try to repress them, you will most likely always have them come up every time you take mushrooms.

In my opinion the mushroom wants you to be a better person, not to just provide visuals for you to look at (though the visuals are amazing).  If you look at the trip as a way to improve your life and relationships and not just as a way to have fun, it could be much more valuable.

If the medicine is making you so unhappy you might do damage to yourself, someone else, or destroy property you own, then you might be making a big mistake in using psychedelics.  If you become suicidal or violent during your trips, you should discontinue use and seek professional or non professional help. 

Terence Mckenna always described Lsd as being intensely psychoanalytical, so you might end up thinking more about your life.  In my experience all psychedelics make you think about my life, career, friends and family, and mistakes I've made. 

I try to work out everything early in the trip, so that after a while I'm able to focus more on the whole universe and not just myself.

--------------------
-bridgesii guy

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: joemolloy]
    #15061878 - 09/11/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Are you slightly bi-polar to begin with?  I don't ever remember this happening to me, even back in my early days.  It probably has to do with your mind set before ingesting the mushrooms.  The mushrooms might amplify a preexisting condition.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: joemolloy]
    #15061880 - 09/11/11 09:55 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
I was thinking the same thing this morning.  Its a giant seesaw of manic-depression where you are being propelled to the highest of the heights and then slammed down in the gutter.  Sometimes on the way you'll get insanely paranoid and delusional thoughts.  I wish I could go back to those trips that just got higher and higher to the limitless heavens.  Ah, but I think I broke my brain some time ago and so now I just try to spoil it for everyone else too.

Yeah! The beautiful mushroom land is amazing yet frghtening at the same time.

--------------------

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: carnage11]
    #15061892 - 09/11/11 09:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

carnage11 said:
Are you slightly bi-polar to begin with?  I don't ever remember this happening to me, even back in my early days.  It probably has to do with your mind set before ingesting the mushrooms.  The mushrooms might amplify a preexisting condition.

Nope not at all....

--------------------

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
    #15061893 - 09/11/11 09:57 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

It never gets less emotional

Could try lower doses?

Mushrooms are not for everyone... Maybe cactus is more your thing?

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: HarryL]
    #15061897 - 09/11/11 09:59 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Maybe so. Also lsd hasnt ever really sent my emotions a-flyin.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: HarryL]
    #15061903 - 09/11/11 10:00 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, Harry, that's really the only solution.  Lower doses of shrooms and cactus.  I just prefer high doses and euphoric trips rather than lower doses where I just dwell on wishing I took took more.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineLuc1d
Listener

#15061912 - 09/11/11 10:02 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
Yeah, Harry, that's really the only solution.  Lower doses of shrooms and cactus.  I just prefer high doses and euphoric trips rather than lower doses where I just dwell on wishing I took took more.

I dono. Lower doses are just kinda anti climatic imo.

The higher doses are just sooooo amazing......i love being in mushroom land!

I just wish emotion didnt play a role.

Its like at certain parts of the trip my brain will forget to release seretonin for a second or something lol

--------------------

OfflineGolemGolem
Stranger

#15062039 - 09/11/11 10:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

The emotional quick changes have always been there for me, but I'm better at dealing with them these days. I just roll with it, while not talking about any bad feelings until I'm down. If I get too anixous and/or shame-riddled however, I change rooms and sing improvised country and western music. It works for me.

OfflineSubconscious
Stranger
Male

Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: carnage11]
    #15062522 - 09/11/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

carnage11 said:

I'm not bi polar but mushrooms do this to me as well. It's all in the thought processes mushrooms bring about... one minute i'll be overjoyed thinking about life and then i'll get overwhelmingly depressed thinking about loved ones facing death. All within minutes.

I never get this sober or on other psychedelics like LSD. Only mushrooms.

OP, what is your setting like? This mostly happens when I trip alone at night at home... my ideal setting is laying out in the grass on a nice day looking up at the cloud formations and just thinking about stuff. It's really hard for these negative feelings to manifest themselves in such a good setting. However, when I trip at night or in my room these kinds of thoughts are fairly common... I can usually snap myself out of the negative feelings pretty quickly though.

OfflineFronnis
I'm a teapot

#15062798 - 09/11/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Luc1d said:
How many times have you boomed? Does it never get less emotional? Ive done it maybe 8ish times now

I've lost count. It's not something I experience that intensively in all my trips, but it can happen when I am on LSD and cactus, but never as intense as shrooms. Shroom trips can be extremely emotional, but a lot less so in smaller doses, it's the why I don't like high doses of them.

--------------------

OfflineJohnny Depp
 User Gallery
    #15062845 - 09/11/11 01:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Johnny Depp (12/19/14 03:04 PM)

Invisibleschmoopy
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: Johnny Depp] * 2
    #15063832 - 09/11/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

the emotions can be a real bitch, but it seems like each time i trip i learn how to deal with them better.
i had a thought during the come down of my last trip that it's a sort of purging that happens. we are all just so fucking disconnected from each other and what we are experiencing inside on a day to day basis. So many distractions are available to us and thrown in our faces all of the time. It's easy to repress, and hard to deal with the decompression. Avoiding it just makes things worse though.

i feel like mushrooms really do want us to become better people too, and i love that they don't fuck around and have a way of getting right to the meat of the matter, making me really feel where i'm stuck so that can be let go of and the freedom through expression can finally take place.

movement helps me tremendously when i get sucked into an unpleasant emotional state while tripping. i went through a period of tripping and getting totally stuck, glued to my spot and whipped around in an endless loop of negative emotion. One night just after peaking on a heavy dose (the only way i dose now) i just said fuck it. i went outside and screamed at the top of my lungs over and over for about 5 minutes straight (don't do this in the city :wink:). Then words started coming out and i could make sense of what the difficult mental state was really all about. It was basically about feeling stuck in my life. The screaming did something physically that blew my mind apart. i felt fucking incredible, more physically and mentally at ease than i have ever felt before. It was the most conscious scream ever. 
I went back inside like nothing had happened and proceeded to have the best time of my life swinging upside down from this hammock i had installed in the ceiling of my living room. Finally remembered what it felt like to be a little kid again and just be free.

I think those moments of clarity and peace during a trip can be built upon after we come down, and if we keep trying to remember what works to move out of negative states between trips we can control our emotions better the next time. It just takes perseverence and the ability to give yourself a break when you forget.

--------------------
The observer is the observed.
-J. Krishnamurti

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: schmoopy]
    #15064358 - 09/11/11 07:22 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

nice, schmoopy.

ever play with wet sand on the beach, where when you step on it it's firm, but as you unweight it liquefies? keep stepping and releasing in the same spot and the liquefaction zone gets bigger.

i think of the emotional cycling like this: compression and decompression loosening you up, making things ready to flow and change.

sure, the extremely dark places can be harrowing for weeks, and it feels like i have some (healed) scar tissue from very harsh tripping moments years old. but the priceless moments overwhelm the dark ones in balance.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#15064369 - 09/11/11 07:24 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Luc1d said:
My trips are amazing, they really are. I love the trippiniess, the visuals, the crazy state of mind, etc

BUT I HATE HOW SHROOMS TAKE MY EMOTIONS ON A WILD ROLLERCOASTER

I will just like all of a sudden while trippong get really sad, then 5 mintues later, im beaming with euphoria, then back to sad, and so on and so forth.

Does experience change this? Or is it impossible to experience the beautiful mushroom dimension without being all manic-depressive

Maybe LSD Is the drug for me?

Any inputbis appreciated :heart:

I dunno..
That's one of the things I LOVE about psychedelics.
I wouldn't change it for anything.

--------------------
Yes this is tymo - I just changed my name

Have you ever had a dream that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to awake from that dream? How would you know the difference between that dream world and the real world?

There is NOTHING better than feeling that warm dissociative fuzz creeping up your body from IM K
Something abut that anaesthetic rush... :inlove:

Qualitative Research Chemical Effects and Experiences
The Wonderful World of Methoxetamine
The 3-Meo-PCP Chapters, Part One

Invisibleschmoopy
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Theres just one thing i dont like about mushrooms (question) [Re: otherwhitemeat]
    #15064522 - 09/11/11 07:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

latherdome said:
nice, schmoopy.

ever play with wet sand on the beach, where when you step on it it's firm, but as you unweight it liquefies? keep stepping and releasing in the same spot and the liquefaction zone gets bigger.

i think of the emotional cycling like this: compression and decompression loosening you up, making things ready to flow and change.

sure, the extremely dark places can be harrowing for weeks, and it feels like i have some (healed) scar tissue from very harsh tripping moments years old. but the priceless moments overwhelm the dark ones in balance.

i dig the wet sand analogy. It's like the grains of sand are the cells in our bodies or the neurons in our brains, and the lack of stimulation/pressure/lubrication/movement just makes us hard and inflexible. stuff gets stuck. life can't move through and wash away the gunk until we feel all of the bullshit trapped in our bodies and minds.

and omfg the inexplicably beautiful moments are TOTALLY worth the suffering. When i see something screwed up inside of me, a way of thinking, feeling, being... it's an opportunity to change it and hopefully for good (over time). mushrooms have helped me to remember that by dragging me through the psychological mud and forcing me to look at where i am instead of automatically trying to defend a flawed perspective.
i haven't experienced any other drug/medicine/chemical/whatever you want to call them that lets me take what i learn and apply it to events every day of my life. Meditation helps keep things moving between trips for me though. :super:

--------------------
The observer is the observed.
-J. Krishnamurti

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract