Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida
Re: I believe this will be of assistance to some [Re: bert]
    #1505940 - 04/29/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Personally, I don't much care what you believe dogmatically, but if Compassion is not at the 'gyroscope' of your personality, then you are just another human mammal living out an animal existence on the planet. That means that my trust in you is going to be minimal, because I do not place my faith in the humanity of others unless Compassion is held to be their deepest, most profoundly human quality. A utilitarian niceness just isn't strong enough or true enough because it does not flow from Transcendental Reality, and it doesn't matter to me if one acknowledges "Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful," or 'Karuna' of Tibetan Buddhism, or "God is love" of Christianity, or the Compassion of Avalokitsvara in India or the Chinese name, Kwan Yin.

I don't know "most Christians," and neither do you. What you have in mind is a popular and heretical misconception called Fundamentalism. It is a literal and concrete "understanding" of Scriptural writings - specific writings - used with a specific agenda for frightening and controlling people. This is not True Christianity, neither is is the Spirit of Christ which is forgiveness, mercy and love. Everyone does not want mercy and love however, and those who are filled with the wrath and hatred of Hell will not need to 'go to Hell,' since Hell lives within them here and now. The death of their bodies may well mean a particularly horrible intensity of their evil nature, usually veiled by this world and the senses, just as the world veils the beauty and glory of God from those who love God in this life.

As to YOUR eternal condition, only God Knows for sure. I certainly have no desire to pass judgement on you - that is not the role for a true Christian, it is for God alone. I will say this much - I do not hang with atheists. It is pointless, and friendship could only be of the most superficial type, and therfore disappointing from the start. So much of my life is focused on Transcendence, on contemplation of the Eternal - why would I hang around with someone focused only on externals?

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: I believe this will be of assistance to some [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #1505987 - 04/29/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I will say this much - I do not hang with atheists. It is pointless, and friendship could only be of the most superficial type, and therfore disappointing from the start
right...so you only hang with people who cannot argue against your belief systems gotcha  :wink: and I see you also like to superficially generalize individuals who don't share your view of this world, what's the first thing you say when you meet a new person, are you an atheist? I don't consider myself an atheist, but after reading this last part of your post I realized that your whole skit about Compassion was just a big turd coming out of your mouth and falling into my drink. 

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #1506008 - 04/29/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have love for every one of my fellow man. I wouldn't label myself as an atheist, but rather an agnostic. I don't believe in God, but I don't claim that there is no possibility of a God. If there were one, I think it would be far beyond the power of the human mind to comprehend it anyways. At my current state of existence, I choose not to believe in God because:
1.) I'm only 19 years old. I have plenty to experience before jumping to any one belief and limiting my understanding of the universe.
2.) If there were a God, I might be willing to accept a higher force but certainly not a sentient God that passes judgment on humanity. Why not judge animals, is my dog going to hell for killing a cat?
3.) The fact that you 'won't hang with atheists' shows that you have limited yourself in some way, and to me this is an unhealthy byproduct of religion and shows that you have not mastered true compassion.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

Anonymous

#1506168 - 04/29/03 10:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Markos for your kind and thoughtful comments.  You were the one responsible for bringing the necessary peace to this thread and allowing it to remain open.

1.  I keep a close eye on personalizing.

2.  This isn't a forum for telling people they are going to hell.

Remarks in the second category will cause any discussion to be immediately closed.

Thanks again. :smile: 

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I believe this will be of assistance to some [Re: ]
    #1506197 - 04/29/03 10:15 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Deleted by admin

Anonymous

Re: I believe this will be of assistance to some [Re: World Spirit]
    #1506256 - 04/29/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

For the sake of clarification to our respected Administrators, could you please elaborate on your insinuations, Mr. Mushrooms?
Nothing was personalized. However, one's utter hatred for me appears more than obvious to the on-looker, not only to myself. 

Thanks Enter.

Thread locked and you have been reported to the Administration.  Swami received a warning about being banned for baiting the spiritually inclined but decided to take a 30 day voluntary leave of absence.  And now you have received a public warning from me as well.  One more false move and you will receive a temporary ban.

I suggest you head on down to the Website Suggestion forum and read the new rules on banning.

Have a great day. :smile: 

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies