Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigshotcl
Male

My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... *DELETED*
    #15058060 - 09/10/11 01:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by Bigshotcl

Reason for deletion: d

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMikeZ
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... *DELETED* [Re: Bigshotcl]
    #15058075 - 09/10/11 01:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by MikeZ

Reason for deletion: ...

Edited by MikeZ (09/10/11 01:21 PM)

OfflineAltecLansing
Trafalgar Square Pigeon Fiasco
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: MikeZ]
    #15058100 - 09/10/11 01:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I remember one time saying "I want to be able to do this whenever it feels right, not when a dealer feels like getting it." And then I thought about it for a minute and said "Although, it would be pandemonium for a while if you could buy this at the corner store.

--------------------
I don't use jelly.

Offlinethelivingfreekshow
Fuck You
Male User Gallery

Loc: Prifddinas, Gielinor
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: Bigshotcl] * 1
    #15058107 - 09/10/11 01:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bigshotcl said:
I was trying to tell him that doesnt mean it should be illegal for everyone. what do u guys think?

lsd is fine

your friend is stupid.

Offlinealiensexxx
creature teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: within
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: MikeZ]
    #15058125 - 09/10/11 01:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think your friend is a :tard:

--------------------

"..and we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from the vanished past.."

OfflineAlyDrops
Stranger
Female
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: aliensexxx]
    #15058175 - 09/10/11 01:46 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

LSD can worsen schizophrenia especially with bad trips, but it won't cause it. And honestly if you were in that bad of shape mentally you probably shouldn't have thought it was alright for you to trip. I would rather it be legal for my own needs, but being illegal certainly protects lots of people from doing it when they know nothing about it.

OfflinePigasus
D.T.K.L.A.M.F.

Loc: slow death
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: AlyDrops]
    #15058322 - 09/10/11 02:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yeah LSD can and often will bring out latent schizophrenia in someone already predisposed toward it, but an otherwise normal person isn't going to develop schizophrenia from tripping once in a while.

--------------------

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: AlyDrops]
    #15058333 - 09/10/11 02:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Have people who have had no history of schizophrenia experienced extended psychotic breaks resulting from psychedelic trips?  Tell your friend this sometimes happens and that even though he has been brainwashed by DARE, there are legions of equally brainwashed drug users who frequent internet sites to spread bullshit from the other direction.  And then kick him in the balls.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: joemolloy]
    #15058351 - 09/10/11 02:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

*lick him in the balls.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

InvisibleAbuse
end of the line

Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: Bigshotcl]
    #15058423 - 09/10/11 02:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bigshotcl said:
I was trying to tell him that doesnt mean it should be illegal for everyone. what do u guys think?

I think he's horribly misguided.

Try teaching him a thing or two...:seriousamanita:

--------------------

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fractalic Fabric
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: Abuse]
    #15058602 - 09/10/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I sometimes wonder about the effect of acid on DNA and had heard that some "lower form"/relative of LSD could be squirted onto someone causing chromosomal damage?

I think if it was legal it would be regulated and purity would be the norm and this would be good.

Blessings.

--------------------
Favorite entheogen experiences in descending order:
1)Combo of oral DMT + smoked Bufotenine
2)Amanita (urine drank twice)
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)
5)Salvia (need to try quid)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: Bigshotcl]
    #15058617 - 09/10/11 03:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Bigshotcl said:

LSD doesn't make you schizophrenic. People with schitzophrenia have even done it before and don't seem to be any worse (or better) in the long run.
Quote:

flickedbic said:
I sometimes wonder about the effect of acid on DNA and had heard that some "lower form"/relative of LSD could be squirted onto someone causing chromosomal damage?

LSD doesn't affect DNA, it affects 5HT2A serotonin receptors (among others) in the brain.

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: nooneman]
    #15058747 - 09/10/11 04:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm thinking about illicit LSD manufacture.

Quote:

Dishotsky et al. (28) published a review in which they presented a synopsis of the studies of this kind conducted prior to 1971. According to this review, of a total of 310 subjects studied, only 126 were treated with pure LSD; the other 184 subjects were exposed to illicit or "alleged" LSD. Eighteen of the 126 subjects (14.29 percent) in the group given pure LSD showed a higher frequency of chromosome aberration than the controls. In contrast, 89 of the 184 subjects (48.9 percent) in the group taking illicit LSD showed an increased incidence of aberrations—more than three times the frequence reported for subjects given pharmacologically pure LSD. Only 16.67 percent (18 of 108) of all the subjects reported to have chromosome damage, were given pure LSD. There is, therefore, good reason to discuss the two categories of in vivo studies, those with pure and those with "alleged" LSD, separately.

and
Quote:

The initial findings of chromosomal damage in illicit LSD users were reported by Irwin and Egozcue. (57) They compared a group of eight illicit LSD users with a group of nine controls. The users had a mean breakage rate of 23.4 percent, more than double the 11.0 percent rate in the controls. Only two of the eight users did not have increased breakage rates. In a later and more extensive study carried out by Egozcue, Irwin and Maruffo, (33) the mean breakage rate in forty-six illicit LSD users was 18.76 percent (with a range between 8 and 45 percent); this was more than double the rate of 9.03 percent found in control cells. Only three of the forty-six users did not have a breakage rate higher than the mean control rate...

and they SUMMARIZE:
Quote:

As this review shows, no convincing experimental or clinical evidence exists to prove that the commonly used dosages of pure LSD produce genetic mutations, congenital malformations or malignant growths. As far as illicit LSD is concerned, the situation is much more complex, and the results of the studies of illicit LSD users should not be considered relevant to the question of the biological dangers of LSD. Uncertainties about the dosage, and the contamination of black-market samples of psychedelic drugs by various impurities and additives contribute a very important dimension to the already serious psychological hazards associated with unsupervised self-experimentation.
    There is absolutely no indication in the research data currently available that responsible experimental and therapeutic use of LSD by experienced professionals should be discontinued.

-http://www.psychedelic-library.org/grofchro.htm

Blessings.

--------------------
3)Mushrooms > Achuma 16"+cid(still need higher dose Achuma)> Cid (still need high dose)
4)Morning Glory-HBWR (+cumin, cinnamon aldehyde adducts) > Methyl chavicol (need more activators)

All readable matter in the above post is ficticious... any similarities to real life are purely coincidental.

Blessing.

Edited by flickedbic (09/10/11 04:32 PM)

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: flickedbic]
    #15058770 - 09/10/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

flickedbic said:
I'm thinking about illicit LSD manufacture.

Quote:

Dishotsky et al. (28) published a review in which they presented a synopsis of the studies of this kind conducted prior to 1971. According to this review, of a total of 310 subjects studied, only 126 were treated with pure LSD; the other 184 subjects were exposed to illicit or "alleged" LSD. Eighteen of the 126 subjects (14.29 percent) in the group given pure LSD showed a higher frequency of chromosome aberration than the controls. In contrast, 89 of the 184 subjects (48.9 percent) in the group taking illicit LSD showed an increased incidence of aberrations—more than three times the frequence reported for subjects given pharmacologically pure LSD. Only 16.67 percent (18 of 108) of all the subjects reported to have chromosome damage, were given pure LSD. There is, therefore, good reason to discuss the two categories of in vivo studies, those with pure and those with "alleged" LSD, separately.

-http://www.psychedelic-library.org/grofchro.htm

Blessings.

Even then it can't hurt DNA. LSD just doesn't work that way, and neither do any of it's related chemicals.

That report is one of the old school propaganda reports. Those results are totally inaccurate and have never been reproduced. That report was created specifically to justify the prohibition of LSD and to scare people away from using it.

InvisibleBleakBeat
Lost in thought

Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: nooneman]
    #15058858 - 09/10/11 04:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I thought there was a chance of schizophrenia when it comes to tripping.  Like say you have a really bad trip?  PTSD and the like.  Or am I wrong?

Offlineflickedbic
Sojourner
Male User Gallery

#15059116 - 09/10/11 05:52 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think most powerful psychedelics have the capability to bring latent psychosis to the surface; even marijuana might possibly do this: it may be important to know ones' families' medicinal history; to know if one is at risk for such triggering.

Good; that info on LSD/chromosomal damage bogosity looks correct.

"From our own work and from a review of the literature, we believe that pure LSD ingested in moderate doses does not damage chromosomes in vivo, does not cause detectable genetic damage, and is not a teratogen or a carcinogen in man. Within these bounds, therefore, we suggest that, other than during pregnancy, there is no present contraindication to the continued controlled experimental use of pure LSD."-Dishotsky NI, Loughman WD, Mogar RE, Lipscomb WR. "LSD and genetic damage. Is LSD chromosome damaging, carcinogenic, mutagenic, or teratogenic?" Science 1971; 172:431- 440. LSD #2145

I still think the keywords here are "pure LSD"; "Know thy source".

Blessings.

--------------------

Blessing.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: flickedbic]
    #15060066 - 09/10/11 09:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i think it should be controlled, not illegal. there are institutional controls and social ones. the social ones should be more important and better developed. they can't develop effectively as long as it's illegal.

OfflineGlayvin
Desert Species
Male

Loc: Arizona, USA Flag
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: BleakBeat]
    #15060081 - 09/10/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

BleakBeat said:
I thought there was a chance of schizophrenia when it comes to tripping.  Like say you have a really bad trip?  PTSD and the like.  Or am I wrong?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hallucinogen_persisting_perception_disorder but I put forth the hypothesis that this is a social implication of mass miseducation on the topic of drugs.

InvisibleHan Jeremy
sense clarification technician
 User Gallery

Loc: the grass ain't greener, ...
    #15060134 - 09/10/11 09:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

AlyDrops said:
LSD can worsen schizophrenia especially with bad trips, but it won't cause it. And honestly if you were in that bad of shape mentally you probably shouldn't have thought it was alright for you to trip. I would rather it be legal for my own needs, but being illegal certainly protects lots of people from doing it when they know nothing about it.

the reading i've done has said the same thing, that psychedelics can bring latent schizophrenia to the surface, but not actually cause it.

--------------------
:psychsplit: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::amanita2: :dancingbear::psychsplit:

Bodies in simultaneous movement, spontaneous in their structure, bind with the spirits of the yesteryear. Praise the gift, blend within the wind, and become one with the universe.

Invisibleotherwhitemeat
Female User Gallery
Loc: Florida
Re: My friend said its a good thing lsd is illegal because you may become schizophrenic... [Re: Han Jeremy]
    #15060176 - 09/10/11 09:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Han Jeremy said:
the reading i've done has said the same thing, that psychedelics can bring latent schizophrenia to the surface, but not actually cause it.

yes, but it's a little convenient to say, after the fact, that schizophrenia following drug usage was "latent" and that the drug just revealed what was hidden.

what is a reliable test for "latent schizophrenia?" family history? that isn't the only indicator.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates