Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSuperFunGuy
1up farmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
First Mono
    #15056734 - 09/10/11 06:14 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I'll be inoculating my first set of jars tomorrow. Trouble is I haven't decided on how many tubs I should do. I can do my own research [though tips would be nice (you probably know how anxious I am)] but was wondering what some more experienced growers would suggest as an all-around grow size for a beginner. I'm not afraid to put a lot of time and attention into it, but I'm sure there's limits. Ones that I'm not really aware of.

So how many standard mono-tubs do you think can be handled without becoming overwhelmed. This is by a first time grower keep in mind.

Maybe I'll just go with 2, but it seems like a bigger project would increase both my probability of success and the experience I gain.

Obviously there is no set in stone answer, is grow-size even an issue to you guys?

--------------------
:1up: FunGuy :1up:   
:pm: Bored? Pissed? Have a question? Feel free to PM me =] :pm:
Fuck Bill O'Reilly
:pimpslap:Omfg! I'm invisible!!

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.”

- Joe Rogan

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblearchivist
5-HT
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Mono [Re: SuperFunGuy]
    #15057130 - 09/10/11 10:51 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

If you're growing for yourself & friends, there's no reason to go beyond 2-3 monotubs even if you factor in a pretty high failure rate.  7-10 jars will easily be enough for 2-3 monotubs depending on size.  I use 50-66 qt tubs and generally use anywhere from 2-4 quarts per tub.

--------------------

Proud supporter of the canning jar industry.

Offlinetupynamba
grower
Male

Re: First Mono [Re: SuperFunGuy]
    #15057135 - 09/10/11 10:54 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

i suggest you start it simple and small.

hope you enjoy it !

Invisibleshrooms n things
IRL im a troll
Male User Gallery

Re: First Mono [Re: archivist]
    #15057162 - 09/10/11 11:05 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

the way i see it is im doubling on work and risk but tripling on yield :shrug:

OfflineDudester67
eat a dick win a pony
Re: First Mono [Re: shrooms n things]
    #15057487 - 09/10/11 12:50 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You didn't tell us how many jars you plan to inoculate or what kind of jars.  There's no need to decide on the number of trays/tubs to use until you know how much healthy spawn you have.

Whatever the amount, for a beginner I'd definitely recommend to spread that spawn out and not put all of your eggs in one or two baskets.  For instance if you're starting with 10 quart jars of WBS, I'd recommend making five tubs, 2 quarts per tub.  In you're interested in gaining experience and increasing probability of success, this is the route I would take.  (In fact I still do).

OfflineSuperFunGuy
1up farmer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Michigan
Re: First Mono [Re: Dudester67]
    #15058016 - 09/10/11 03:04 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

tupynamba said:
i suggest you start it simple and small.

hope you enjoy it !

This seems to be the general opinion. I can't help but ask myself why.

Quote:

Dudester67 said:
You didn't tell us how many jars you plan to inoculate or what kind of jars.  There's no need to decide on the number of trays/tubs to use until you know how much healthy spawn you have.

Whatever the amount, for a beginner I'd definitely recommend to spread that spawn out and not put all of your eggs in one or two baskets.  For instance if you're starting with 10 quart jars of WBS, I'd recommend making five tubs, 2 quarts per tub.  In you're interested in gaining experience and increasing probability of success, this is the route I would take.  (In fact I still do).

That's my problem. I'm going out to pick up my local materials in a few hours, and I need to decide on how many tubs, so i know how many jars and how much wbs. I only have like $110 to my name, an have to be kinda frugal atm.

I suppose I'll just grow out 2 tubs. :shrug:

Also, I have 20 ml of spore solution, so at most we're talking 20 quarts/4-5 tubs

--------------------
:1up: FunGuy :1up:   
:pm: Bored? Pissed? Have a question? Feel free to PM me =] :pm:
Fuck Bill O'Reilly
:pimpslap:Omfg! I'm invisible!!

“If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe.”

- Joe Rogan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation