Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER
    #1505360 - 04/29/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.fyicalgary.com/calsun.shtml

WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER

Public support to relax Canada's marijuana laws is rising quickly, according to a new national poll.

A decisive 83% of respondents to a Sun-Leger poll want pot prohibition to be less stringent, and only 14% said marijuana should remain illegal in all circumstances.

"It seems that with just 14 percent now saying it should be illegal, that's really saying people think changes needed to be made soon in some way, shape or form," said Leger Marketing pollster Lesli Martin.

The poll comes just as the federal government is preparing legislation which would decriminalize the possession of small quantities of marijuana, making it a summary offence instead of a criminal one.

Previous polls in Canada have shown a steady increase in support for decriminalization and for the use of medicinal marijuana.

But to have 83% wanting more relaxed laws was surprising, Martin said, especially when more than half of the survey respondents had never even tried the drug.

"I expected the number of people who thought the drug should be illegal to be higher," Martin said.

"I expected people to say, 'I don't smoke pot, I've never smoked it, I wouldn't smoke it, so it should be illegal,' but that doesn't seem to be the case.

"I think we are getting more and more people who are realizing the medical benefits and a lot of people who are beginning to think the side effects perhaps aren't as bad as once thought."

The Sun-Leger poll asked 1,501 people which of four statements best described their sentiments.

Twenty percent said marijuana should be legalized, 43% said it should be legalized for medical purposes, 20% said possession should be decriminalized while 14% said the drug should always be illegal.

Leger Marketing conducted a similar poll two years ago with a different query, providing only two choices.

Respondents could say they were in favour of a federal law legalizing the sale and use of pot or they were against it. In that poll, 47% said they were not in favour of legalizing marijuana.

"I think you can draw a comparison and note that people seem to be more ready now for changes to legislation," Martin said.

The latest survey also shows a slight increase in the number of people who have smoked pot.

In 2001, 60% of those surveyed said they had never used marijuana while the latest poll now shows 56% have never lit up.

The most smokers in the country are in B.C. where 53% have tried marijuana.

The poll of 1,501 Canadians was conducted April 1 to April 6. It is considered accurate within 2.5 percentage points, 19 times out of 20.

POT LEGALIZATION

Only slightly more than one in 10 Canadians believe that marijuana use should be illegal under any circumstance. The greatest portion feel it should be legalized for medical purposes. Those surveyed were asked, "There has been much discussion in the government regarding the regulation of marijuana. Which of the following statements best represents your feelings?":

Should be legalized 20%

Should be legalized for medical purposes 43%

Possession decriminalized/Selling a crime 20%

Should always be illegal 14%

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: motaman]
    #1505391 - 04/29/03 07:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

only 40% think it shouldn't be a criminal offense to possess small amounts of marijuana for recreational purposes, and only half of them think it should be totally legal. this survey isn't too encouraging.

60% of canadians still think you should be charged criminally for non-medical marijuana possesion. of the 40% that don't, half would still give you a fine, and then only if you had a small amount.

Edited by Anonymous (04/29/03 07:27 PM)

Offline76degrees
Apprentice

Loc: Middle Earth
Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: Anonymous]
    #5940847 - 08/07/06 03:26 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

83% support some sort of loosening the law. That's pretty damn good IMO. I'm packing my bags now!

--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: 76degrees]
    #5940858 - 08/07/06 03:31 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

good hell, this thread is over 3 years old

--------------------
:orly:

OfflineDadeMurphy
H4x0r

Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #5942818 - 08/08/06 02:18 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Haha...yeah this is ancient...with the conservative government in now, that proposed law has been dropped and decriminalization does not look very likely any time in the near future.

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------

Offline76degrees
Apprentice

Loc: Middle Earth
Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: DadeMurphy]
    #5943354 - 08/08/06 09:14 AM (10 years, 3 months ago)

lol... srry.

--------------------
The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
Re: WEED SUPPORT GROWS HIGHER [Re: motaman]
    #5943934 - 08/08/06 02:09 PM (10 years, 3 months ago)

Just wait and see what will happen when "that doctor" finds a vaporizer, and tries it as a aid, in threatening his own illness/dis·ease...

I tell 'you'!

Thank you for this post! :laugh:

Smoking = Harmful, when done "wrong"..
Vaporizing = Not-harmful, either way.. (AS LONG AS IT IS REALLY MADE VAPOR OF; _NOT SMOKED_!)

Burning Hashish, is a sin!

"Jesus had a vaporizer!"
-Unknown :P

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Magic Flight Launch Box, Vaporizer

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service