Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineSubliminalTrip22
Always Curious
I am going to try shrooms for the first time
    #1505196 - 04/29/03 06:23 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am very nervous about doing them but I really want the experience. The only drugs I have ever done are ecstacy and weed. I am really worried about having a bad trip. I am prone to even having a bad trip on weed occasionally (anxiety attacks), even though they have become less and less frequent. I have thought about having E or valium on hand just in case I start to freak out but I don't know if this would work or if it is even safe. Any suggestions? I am in desperate need of advice from some experienced users. (I searched the forums but couldn't find my specific question)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: I am going to try shrooms for the first time [Re: SubliminalTrip22]
    #1505233 - 04/29/03 06:33 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I had a bad anxiety attack on weed just over a year ago and I can relate.  If you're worried about tripping...then in all honesty...you might want to read more about it; talk to friends of yours who do trip on shrooms already to get a better understanding of what psychedelics can do.  E and weed are nothing like shrooms.  Every psychedelic has its own reality.

In the very least...make sure you have a sitter/guide with you...someone who has already tripped on shrooms to help you through your experience.  And also...start with a SMALL DOSE.  You don't want to put yourself somewhere you can't get out of.

The key to enjoying psychedelics is knowing your own mind and how you relate to your perceptions...no matter how weird it may get...it's all just in your mind and you're not hurting yourself (at least with mushies. :wink:

Good luck and have fun!

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: I am going to try shrooms for the first time [Re: Boppity604]
    #1505256 - 04/29/03 06:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

don't take more drugs if you freak out on mushrooms; that's my opinion.

Just relax...... relaaaaaxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Breathe, smile, and laugh at your newfound ignorance :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Anonymous

#1505281 - 04/29/03 06:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

In My experience from shrooms is that, start small to built confidence.

I have done shrooms and x together. It makes the trip mellower but more intense. your happy, but thing are more unatural. The carpet turned into a ocean of waves. I knew it was fake but I had never experienced anything that real without the x. and that was off 1/2 pill.

Weed also makes it more intense but, it can calm you down. My buddy had was having a bad trip and he kept smoking, but he ended up getting more confused, and kept tripping harder.

I enjoy smoking because is add a different flavor to the trip.

Just be careful and be smart. the best thing to think if you are freaking out is, it will end. you will not be stuck in that state of mind forever. take deep breathe and try to relax.

peace

zerohero

OfflineSubliminalTrip22
Always Curious
Re: I am going to try shrooms for the first time [Re: ]
    #1505364 - 04/29/03 07:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I am going to have a person with me that has done them before and the environment is going to be ideal.  I have been reading about every aspect of shrooms for the last year so I am definitely educated about the subject.  I just want an "out" that will definitely work if I start to have a bad trip (i.e. valium or some other antidepressant).  Does anybody know something I could take before doing the mushrooms that would ensure I wouldn't have a panic attack?  I was thinking of taking E with shrooms the first time just so I could have some experience under my belt and a guaranteed way not to freak out.  Something like 2.25 g of shrooms and a 1/2 pill of E.  Would it be too intense to hippy flip before even doing shrooms by themselves?  Thanks for the help guys.  :smile:

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1505476 - 04/29/03 07:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If things do start to go bad for you here are a few tips to keep in mind:

1) remind yourself that it is only a drug and that by sunrise everything will be fine.

2) do something different.  If you are sitting on the couch with the TV blaring, turn of the TV and put in some music... go smell the spice cabinet... go play with the carpet... lay down on the floor and look at the ceiling... turn the lights on... or off.. go outside... open a window... etc... A lot of times by changing up your environment a bit you can bounce out of a bad rut.

Remember that while you are tripping the drug amplifies emotion.  Whatever you hold onto as the trip starts will set the rest of the ride.  Enjoy the onset... let yourself laugh and feel giddy... relax... cover up with a blanket if you are cold (I get chills until I start to peak)...

It is normal to be a bit nervous your first time out... don't fight it.  Accept it, embrace it...

Have a 'safe place' to get away to.  Somewhere dim, quiet, and away from everybody.  The shrooms amplify what you feel and sense... sometimes this can be overwhelming and you just need to get away for a little while.

Don't eat too much before you eat the shrooms.  Don't underdose or you will be disappointed.  Relax and enjoy... :smile:

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: I am going to try shrooms for the first time [Re: Seuss]
    #1505635 - 04/29/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

>>Does anybody know something I could take before doing the mushrooms that would ensure I wouldn't have a panic attack?

There is no such gaurantee with psychedelics. You cannot escape your own mind. I know this is not what you want to hear...but there simply is no way to gaurantee if you will or will not fall into a bad emotional loop while tripping. That's why everyone is telling you these things. You can read about shrooms all you want, it doesn't mean you're ready for a level 5 experience on your first trip.

The ultimate reality is that there is nothing to be afraid of...but having your mind's usual patterns scrambled for several hours can be very tough to endure if you've never experienced this type of thing before.

Start small, start in safe environments (both physically and emotionally) and you will have a great time.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineSubliminalTrip22
Always Curious
    #1507653 - 04/30/03 02:51 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

So, what about the valium idea?

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1507704 - 04/30/03 03:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i wouldnt worry so much about having an emergency escape. Shrooms are kind, and if you tell your self "hey at least i have the courage to go through with it" that thought alone may be enough to put you into a better state of mind. Just tell yourself it will be alright, I will never forget my first trip, it was simply amazing.

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #1510464 - 05/01/03 06:40 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've heard that the valium thing will work to mellow you out of a trip. Keep it close so you can use it. If you feel that you have a way out because of the valium, you will probably have less chance of a bad trip anyway..

--------------------
futuretribe.space

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience