Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Citizens Sue President
    #1503986 - 04/29/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (04/29/03 04:10 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: Who's in control? [Re: Strumpling]
    #1503987 - 04/29/03 10:43 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Sum it up for me.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Who's in control? [Re: pattern]
    #1504351 - 04/29/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well that link basically IS the summary, but here's a couple related quotes from a different article:

Quote:

Stanley Hilton, a San Francisco attorney and former aide to Senator Bob Dole, filed a $7 billion lawsuit in U.S. District Court on June 3rd. The class-action suit names ten defendants, among whom are George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld and Norman Mineta.

Hilton's suit charges Bush and his administration with allowing the September 11th attacks to take place so as to reap political benefits from the catastrophe. Hilton alleges that Osama bin Laden is being used as a scapegoat by an administration that ignored pressing warnings of the attack and refused to round up suspected terrorists beforehand. Hilton alleges the ultimate motivation behind these acts was achieved when the Taliban were replaced by American military forces with a regime friendly to America and its oil interests in the region.

Hilton's plaintiffs in this case are the families of 14 victims of 9/11, numbering 400 people nationwide. These are the same families that rallied in Washington recently to advocate for an independent investigation into the attacks. The current 9/11 hearings are being conducted by Congress behind closed doors, a situation these families find unacceptable.

....Two French intelligence analysts, Jean-Charles Brisard and Guillaume Dasquie, have published an extensively-researched book entitled "Osama bin Laden: The Forbidden Truth." In it, they allege that the Bush administration put energy policy before national security concerns. According to Brisard and Dasquie, a foundering pipeline project aimed at exploiting natural gas reserves along the Caspian Sea in Turkmenistan was revived by the Bush administration when it arrived in Washington in January of 2001.

The pipeline project, which sought to bring oil and natural gas from Turkmenistan through Afghanistan to a warm water port, had been the brainchild of American petroleum giant Unocal for much of the 1990s. After the destruction of two American embassies in Africa in 1998 by Osama bin Laden, the Clinton administration forbade any American companies from doing business with the Taliban, which had been sheltering bin Laden in Afghanistan. Unocal's pipeline project was frozen.

...How does this pipeline relate to September 11th? According to Brisard and Dasquie, the main obstacle to the completion of the pipeline was the fact that it had to pass through Taliban-controlled Afghanistan....Motive suddenly becomes far more clear. The Bush administration very much wanted the Unocal pipeline to go through, and put intense pressure on the Taliban to see it happen. As this was happening, American intelligence services were flooded with warnings of an impending attack upon American targets by bin Laden and Al Qaida. The decision was made - let the attack come, and in the ensuing outrage American forces can carve out the guts of the Taliban government like a ripe gourd, replacing them with a 'legitimate' regime more receptive to the pipeline plan.... The Bush administration got the pipeline it wanted. Along the way, they used the horrors of 9/11 to place themselves above reproach. In the patriotic fervor that resulted from the attacks, both the press and the Democratic opposition were bracketed by the administration-espoused idea that any questions or criticism were tantamount to treason.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

#1504381 - 04/29/03 12:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Cool! I hope the lawsuit stirs up a storm before election.

Personally I dont think Bush is at fault for 9-11, but it happened on his watch, so he is to blame. Why would anyone want to vote for a guy like that, is beyond me, its like voting for more terrorist attacks.

If the security gaurd in your building let in a murderer, you'd want a new security gaurd.

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1504394 - 04/29/03 12:28 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Unless the said security guard then goes apeshit and kills anyone and everyone who "might" be a murderer saying that he'll eliminate every murderer left until your safe.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Re: Who's in control? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1504403 - 04/29/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Haha but then the security gaurd would be the last murderer, he would have to kill himself to complete the circle. Either way I wouldn't want a homicidal security gaurd, he will end up coming after me when he finds out I'm an "evil pot-smoker".

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Who's in control? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1504408 - 04/29/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

This Hilton guy is getting almost NO PUBLICITY - please try and spread the word, people.. somebody sueing the president and their administration should be front-page material in my opinion..

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #1504958 - 04/29/03 03:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If the media were to report every frivolous lawsuit filed in the US, there wouldn't be room left for anything else.

Any goof can file a lawsuit.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Who's in control? [Re: Phred]
    #1504987 - 04/29/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

but when he represents 400 american citizens with a wealth of evidence against the country's top officials then I think that warrants some attention.

You think the media is ignoring this because its "frivolous?"

I think most of the media is ignoring this because they have to if they want to stay on the government's good side, like good ole CNN and MSNBC

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (04/29/03 04:11 PM)

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1505110 - 04/29/03 04:04 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Like I said, any goof can file a lawsuit. It takes a slightly smarter goof to persuade the courts not to dismiss it out of hand.

But to actually WIN a lawsuit, even with the notoriously soft-headed Libbie juries found in the US....

...that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

This lawsuit will never be won, but tons of taxpayer's money will be spent as it drags through the courts. 'Twas ever thus.

pinky

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1505152 - 04/29/03 04:13 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

so are you saying without actually saying that you think there's no way this guy's right and that Bush and friends knew perfectly-well that an attack would be carried out?

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1505171 - 04/29/03 04:17 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not only did it happen on his watch, it happened while he was trying to figure out which side of a children's book us "up"

:confused: 

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: Who's in control? [Re: hongomon]
    #1505188 - 04/29/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Ha!...and this  :grin:guy represents america!

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineJssMthrFcknChrst
Son of the LordGod Almighty

Loc: Vatican City
    #1505191 - 04/29/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

even with the notoriously soft-headed Libbie juries found in the US....

That is (or should be) an insult toward every American. Every American should serve jury duty, it is what gives this country some semblance of a democracy. Either that or the non-libbies are not doing their jobs as citizens.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1505198 - 04/29/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

rofl yeah I can see that happening: "How's this damn 'book' supposed to WORK, anyway?! Is this thing on?"
"Excuse me, Mr. President? :: leans down and whispers :: We've had a terrorist attack"
"FINALLY! YEEEEEEHAW!! OK time to start my presidency"

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1505222 - 04/29/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Pinky, for a self-proclaimed laissez-faire capitalist (and one I've learned a great deal from) you sure do spend a lot of time and energy on this site defending the Bush admimistration.

This may not be because you think particulary highly of Bush, or even of Rumsfeld, or of Fleischer, or Rice, or Ashcroft, or any of them, but here is why I think it is:

(Notice my caveat "I think"): among your principle agendas on this site is to serve as a counter against a certain "force" or "camp" or "pole" that you have come to dislike. Call it the "libbies" or the "collectivists" or whatever, but it's that pole that has served to determine what position you choose and from which you will use your god-given talents of logic and reasoning to keep the other in check.

How'd I do?

hongomon

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1505223 - 04/29/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

/unholsters his guns....and fires shots into the sky...er library roof.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

#1505226 - 04/29/03 04:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What part of my post is unclear? The lawsuit is frivolous. There is no way to win it. The attacks on September 11, 2001 were not part of some Bush conspiracy, they were the attack of an Islamist terrorist group.

It is unfortunate that the American intelligence community blew it, but that's what happened -- they blew it. They didn't engineer the plot, and they didn't deliberately allow the plot to be carried out. All the lawsuits in the world won't change that fact.

That lawyer is doing what class-action lawsuit ambulance chasers do best -- exploiting people who have suffered a tragedy in order to increase his personal fame and to potentially add to his bank account. The only thing slightly noteworthy about this particular lawsuit is that it names the Prez as a co-defendant. Whoop-de-doo. It's not the first one, it won't be the last.

pinky

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1505242 - 04/29/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Stanley Hilton, a San Francisco attorney and former aide to Senator Bob Dole, filed a $7 billion lawsuit in U.S. District Court on June 3rd. The class-action suit names ten defendants, among whom are George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld and Norman Mineta."

Pinky:
If the media were to report every frivolous lawsuit filed in the US, there wouldn't be room left for anything else.

Please define, considering the above blurb, the term "frivolous".

PInky:
Any goof can file a lawsuit.

Please define, considering the above blurb, the term "goof".

hongomon

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1505251 - 04/29/03 04:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It remains to be seen whether it is frivolous or not...personally I think that it's right on the money...although I don't necessarily agree with the lawsuit aspect, I do think that an independant investigation on the worst security fuck up in the history of the U.S. should be the very least that should happen.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order