Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: American Propaganda [Re: silversoul7]
    #1501923 - 04/28/03 07:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

yea I got it mixed up with birth control.

Birth control is a 99% effectivness

Effectiveness = Male condom: 88% or higher, Female condom: 80% when used correctly and highest when used with a spermicide.

http://www.gynpages.com/acu/preg.html

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: American Propaganda [Re: silversoul7]
    #1501928 - 04/28/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have a friend who got pregnant while using a condom and birth control. Nothing is 100%.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: American Propaganda [Re: z@z.com]
    #1502052 - 04/28/03 08:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

telling people to read noam chomsky does not make you look smart, saying that noam chomsky is an idiot makes you look dumb.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1503692 - 04/29/03 08:28 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Punishing opposition is not very democratic. That's what totalitarian regimes do.

I feel sorry for you if you have only friends that never dare to criticize. :smile:
Such friends will be the first to stab you in the back. 

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: American Propaganda [Re: zeronio]
    #1503804 - 04/29/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Punishing opposition is not very democratic.

Neither is selling arms to your best friend's enemies....but I'm sure you knew that.

Quote:

I feel sorry for you if you have only friends that never dare to criticize.

They are more than welcome to criticize, but to go behind your back to violate a trust that was formed through being allies should NEVER be welcomed.

You need to drop the recess mentality when it comes to the relationships in the real world. France and Russia both violated their promises (i know many libbies here couldn't care less) but the fact remains what they did will PERMANENTLY mare the relationships between our country and theirs. If you find nothing wrong with the French actions then there is really no hope in you ever understanding why WE feel the way we do.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1503829 - 04/29/03 09:35 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"France and Russia both violated their promises (i know many libbies here couldn't care less) but the fact remains what they did will PERMANENTLY mare the relationships between our country and theirs."

Let me ask you this. Assuming France/Russia DID renege on a deal, which I dont believe they did, why would this PERMANENTLY mess up the countries relationship? What help would France have been? From what I understand from the first Gulf War, the U.S. troops said most coalition forces were just in the way. I can see if your saying in the standpoint of international politics, that France not going with us told other countries it was okay....

But you've said on the boards here before, that we had a big group of countries that supported us, so they're influence couldnt have been THAT strong, yes? No?

"They are more than welcome to criticize, but to go behind your back to violate a trust that was formed through being allies should NEVER be welcomed."

And I almost feel bad making this point, because really you cant draw a comparison, but did we not promise to defend the Vietnamese until the last day? After we pulled out troops, we promised them that we would give them material support to match whatever N. Vietnam had. Then, Congress decided they didnt like it, and we didnt do it, after promising them we would.

That said, S. Vietnam was corrupt and its people didnt want to fight. They would have lost anyway. But, we DID betray an ally, so......

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1504016 - 04/29/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have a friend who got pregnant while using a condom and birth control

Was this a right-wing friend?

Perhaps you could suggest he try a beekeeper outfit next time...

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1504061 - 04/29/03 11:08 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Let me ask you this. Assuming France/Russia DID renege on a deal, which I dont believe they did, why would this PERMANENTLY mess up the countries relationship?

you really can't see why? Well relationships are built on trust. Both countries have violated that trust. Don't get me wrong i don't want to "HATE" them like many libbies believe. I just think when it comes to something like this in the future americans will remember not to trust them. When we're discussing the International space station (which i think is an awesome thing) i am all for working with ALL countries in the pursuit of knowledge. It's just the issue of defense and the likes.

Quote:

But you've said on the boards here before, that we had a big group of countries that supported us, so they're influence couldnt have been THAT strong, yes? No?

why would you say that? Their influence was strong enough wasn't it? we accomplished our tasks with more countries involved than the first gulf war. I would say that the support of the UK, Spain, Japan, Australia and many others are sufficient.

Quote:

And I almost feel bad making this point, because really you cant draw a comparison, but did we not promise to defend the Vietnamese until the last day? After we pulled out troops, we promised them that we would give them material support to match whatever N. Vietnam had. Then, Congress decided they didnt like it, and we didnt do it, after promising them we would.

That's something that should be asked of those cowardly politicians that wouldn't let the military fight it's own war. If the military was in charge the whole time then i'd say that you were right, however there were many promises by the military only to be underminded by the politicians. I was too young to remember any of the "goings on" during that time but the comparison, as you stated, is not even close to what has happened today.

Quote:

That said, S. Vietnam was corrupt and its people didnt want to fight. They would have lost anyway. But, we DID betray an ally, so......

I disagree, we were beat. If Iraq made a promise to defend Syria during this war and we annialated Iraq, what are Iraq's obligations. The vietnam war was lost by the americans even though if we would of fought that war correctly it would have been a cake-walk"...that is OUR weakness.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1504094 - 04/29/03 11:17 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

we accomplished our tasks with more countries involved than the first gulf war.

No UN support tho. That's the key point. Without that it's blatantly illegal, no matter if you buy off Tonga to "support" you.

The vietnam war was lost by the americans even though if we would of fought that war correctly it would have been a cake-walk

"Lost" is a debateable term. You still managed to devastate the country, slaughter millions and drop enough chemical weapons to be poisoning and killing people to this day. Not to mention devastating the economy and creating an area ripe for the exploitation of slave labour by the multinationals. You did ok out of the deal. A damn sight better than the Vietnamese.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: American Propaganda [Re: Xlea321]
    #1504105 - 04/29/03 11:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

drop enough chemical weapons

Name one chemical weapon we used.

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: American Propaganda [Re: wingnutx]
    #1504112 - 04/29/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Agent Orange - The US Army made use of Agent Orange as an anti-plant chemical. It had horrible side effects for soldiers coming into contact with the chemical, causing rashes and even death. Not only did this affect the Vietnamese troops but the US troops as well

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (04/29/03 11:27 AM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1504141 - 04/29/03 11:33 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chomsky is an idiot.

Tired rono?..or can we call people idiots now?

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1504153 - 04/29/03 11:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Chomsky is an idiot.

Tired rono?..or can we call people idiots now?

I think that rule only applies when the insult is directed at someone posting on this board, but I could be wrong.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1504168 - 04/29/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Azmodeus...what exactly is your issue with me? Are you still bitter because I gave you a warning?...get over it.

Obviously the rule is in place to prevent users from flaming other users in this forum...

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/29/03 11:42 AM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#1504187 - 04/29/03 11:46 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You still insist that our relations with these 2 countries will remained strained for generations...Americans are a very fickle bunch, and I'm willing to wager that in a few months, everyone is back to their wine, escargot, and Perrier.

"why would you say that? Their influence was strong enough wasn't it? we accomplished our tasks with more countries involved than the first gulf war."

I think you misunderstood a bit. I wasnt stating that some of our Allies made contributions, I was stating that the influence of FRANCE was not strong enough to persuade OTHER countries NOT to join the Coalition.

And, I refuse to succumb and argue about Vietnam...Ciao....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: American Propaganda [Re: wingnutx]
    #1504627 - 04/29/03 01:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

"Name one chemical weapon we used."

Yeah, agent orange, and napalm.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1504912 - 04/29/03 03:14 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Agent Orange was a chemical. Not a chemical weapon. It was used to defoliate, not kill people.

Thousands are sick/deformed/dying from the pesticides they spray on the field across the street from my house. Same fucking thing....

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1504921 - 04/29/03 03:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

but it did kill people regardless...and unless it was the airforce doing the crop dusting in that field by your house it's not the same thing.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/29/03 03:17 PM)

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: Rono]
    #1504940 - 04/29/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm not arguing, in any way, that Agent Orange killed people. I'm sure it was hell on the environment too. I was merely stating that classifying it as a "Chemical Weapon" is completely ludicrous....

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1504956 - 04/29/03 03:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

What would you classify it as now, if we dropped it on Iraq, knowing full well that they would get sick and/or die?

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/29/03 03:25 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder