Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale
    #15046191 - 09/08/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

About two weeks ago, two men in their late 20s decided to take a trip to the World Famous Sxx Dxxxx Zoo.  These two experienced trippers have year round passes and make trips there at least 5 times a year...a truly magical experience (if you can get over the people and the smell of feces and the notion of animals in cages).

On this particular occasion, the two friends decided to take three 1/4" x 1/4" blotters, presumably laid with a high dose (it would be hard to give an actual metric dosage...but it was strong stuff).  Both friends had taken at least three on two prior trips and one of them had taken four...off of the same same sheet.  Needless to say, they had grown very familiar with that specific batch.

Bright and early, on a warm August Saturday, the two friends ate some breakfast...consisting of eggs, bacon, potatoes, beans and wrapped in a flour tortilla (some of you might be familiar with the famed "breakfast burrito").  About 30 minutes later, the friends were ready to leave and friend H told friend A, "would you like a mulivitamin?" (I won't yet go into the specific ingredients of said multivitamin, but they are quite comprehensive).  Friend A agreed and both took the multivitamin.  The Zoo that the friends frequent is about an hour from their starting point and about 30 minutes into the drive, the friends EACH ingested all three 1/4" x 1/4" tabs.

Upon arrival to the Zoo, friend H was feeling a bit woozy and was experiencing a lot of "body" (which was expected on the specific batch) and therefore paid no attention.  The two friends got their backpacks ready, full of snacks, fruits, beer and the ever essential Mary Jane.  By the time A and H reached the front gates, H was feeling extremely dizzy, slightly nauseous and extremely hot (A and H have always noted increased body temperature on all batches of Lucy they have encountered).  Immediately before entering the Zoo, H abruptly decided that he must sit down in the shade before entering.  This was very a very good decision, because within 10 minutes (hard to be sure exactly) H was having extremely strong waves of body, nausea, heat change and dizziness.  H was not comfortable or happy at all and H decided that they must leave the main entrance area.

A and H found a grassy knoll with lots of shade in which H was forced to sit down, unable maintain body functions.  The best way H can describe it is, extreme waves of nausea, dizziness, uncomfortable body, intestinal discomfort all at the same time.  They would come on, maybe every 5 or 10 minutes and then subside for a few minutes and then return again.  This continued for nearly 2 hours (and began approximately 45min-1hr after ingestion) and early on, H actually vomited, something that had NEVER happened to H when taking Lucy.  H knew something was wrong and A insisted that H had ingested too much Lucy.  Finally, as the discomfort subsided enough to function, A and H managed to enter the Zoo and have a marginally enjoyable time.  Unfortunately, H was still feeling waves of nausea and discomfort and A starting feeling it too, immediately prior to entering the Zoo.

H would like to give a word of caution to all trippers.  Multivitamins containing Niacin and high amounts of B vitamins will cause your body to go through heat flush and it will, most likely, be a very unpleasant experience if combined with Lucy.  Both A and H were aware of the effects of said vitamins/minerals, however neither considered the implications; despite years and years of experience.

However, there is one thing that I would like to ask the Shroomery forum:
H believes that it was the multivitamin PLUS the heat which caused the unbearable discomfort.  A believes that is was more of an effect of too much Lucy.  What do YOU ALL think?  Any insights would be much appreciated.

Trip Safe

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMario_x86-64
Stranger

Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: MackBolan]
    #15046206 - 09/08/11 01:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you very much for making this post, I might have ended up doing the same thing if I hadn't read it.

--------------------
(LSD) Lysergic Acid Diethylamide 25
"It is just a tool to turn us into what we are supposed to be."
- Albert Hofmann

"Drugs have done good things for us, if you don't believe they have do me a favor and take all your albums, tapes, CD's and burn them. Because you know what? Those musicians that have made that great music that has enhanced your lifes through out the years ... real fucking high on drugs."
- Bill Hicks

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: Mario_x86-64]
    #15046213 - 09/08/11 01:50 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You're welcome!  It's an easy mistake to make I think...take a harmless multivitamin...it could only make me feel better!  Logic can often be folly.

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
    #15046296 - 09/08/11 02:31 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Please people, comment and feedback!

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#15046721 - 09/08/11 07:19 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

H believes that it was the multivitamin PLUS the heat which caused the unbearable discomfort.  A believes that is was more of an effect of too much Lucy.  What do YOU ALL think?  Any insights would be much appreciated.

You should take multi vitamins WITH your meal... It aids in absorption. Also multi vitamins on a fairly empty stomach (good chance when you took them 30 mins or so after your food was already being digested) can cause upset stomach. This combined with the fact that you are tripping could cause a panic situation / anxiety which just makes it worse.

OfflineDivinity
Wanderer of Paths
Male User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: Cyclohexylamine]
    #15047526 - 09/08/11 11:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

You should take multi vitamins WITH your meal... It aids in absorption. Also multi vitamins on a fairly empty stomach (good chance when you took them 30 mins or so after your food was already being digested) can cause upset stomach. This combined with the fact that you are tripping could cause a panic situation / anxiety which just makes it worse.

:ancientaliens:

--------------------

Offlinemalevolence
Mathematician
Male User Gallery

Loc: United States Flag
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: Divinity]
    #15047590 - 09/08/11 11:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Divinity said:
Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

:ancientaliens:

:lolsy:

--------------------

Invisibleifoundwaldo

Loc: Denver, CO Flag
    #15048280 - 09/08/11 01:41 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

Something like this, I'd imagine.

I take multivitamins everyday whether I'm tripping or not...

--------------------

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15051307 - 09/09/11 12:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yea that is why I mentioned the 30 minute gap between meal and vitamin.

I dunno about panic/anxiety...I know that feeling...that was not what I was experiencing.  I was just "body sick"

So the concensus is that the getting sick was NOT from too much L but from the multivitamins on an empty stomach?

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: ifoundwaldo]
    #15051311 - 09/09/11 12:33 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ifoundwaldo said:
Quote:

tymoteusz3 said:
Quote:

Something like this, I'd imagine.

I take multivitamins everyday whether I'm tripping or not...

Then you would most likely be USED to the effects of it and your body would not experience the same changes.  However, I rarely take them.

InvisibleCyclohexylamine
Turn on, Tune in, Drop out
 User Gallery

#15051468 - 09/09/11 01:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Then you would most likely be USED to the effects of it and your body would not experience the same changes.  However, I rarely take them.

I take them every day and I still get the terrible nausea if I don't take them with food.

Maybe my body just hates me
:feelsbadman:

InvisiblePatrickKn
I'm a teapot

#15051475 - 09/09/11 01:35 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I take multivitamins every day, so I don't feel this when I trip. However I've had friends who I've given vitamins to before a trip and they often report the same stuff. So good advice overall if you're not used to taking vitamins normally.

Offlinebabypp2
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: PatrickKn]
    #15051537 - 09/09/11 02:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

that is why I mentioned the 30 minute gap between meal and vitamin.

Invisibledwpineal
Psychedelic Artist
 User Gallery

Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: babypp2]
    #15052677 - 09/09/11 11:11 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I was thinking that something else may have contributed as well to the discomfort - how hydrated were these 2?

I've had mushroom trips where I had to sit down - too much heat and walking in the sun. I remember walking past a few benches thinking that I could make it home to drink - just had...to...keep...going. At one point I started to feel really DEHYDRATED. I felt like I really really needed some water soon. I could feel my skin drying and the moisture leaving my body. The people I was walking with had no idea I was going through all this. It got to the point that I was having a vision of the LAST drop of water in existence, it was hovering within a palace/temple with angels all around it singing the praises of the last of the water.

Eventually I sat down on the steps of a beautifully decorated church. The waves of dehydration kicked up the visual aspect of the mushroom trip almost to infinity - I remember remarking to my friend how mushrooms + dehydration caused fantastic visions...Eventually I made it home, and once I was in the AC, I almost forgot about the need to drink, but my friend reminded me...

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there since it happened to me...

Invisiblecpw1971
Mr
Male User Gallery
    #15053470 - 09/09/11 02:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Unless you made it in a lab then how do you know for sure it was Lucy??
    Theres many research chems that mimick it in effects.  With LSD becoming harder and harder to find theres people out to make a quick buck that will gives you anything they can get their hands on.
  So basically you took a mystery chemical

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: cpw1971]
    #15068496 - 09/12/11 03:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cpw1971 said:
Unless you made it in a lab then how do you know for sure it was Lucy??
    Theres many research chems that mimick it in effects.  With LSD becoming harder and harder to find theres people out to make a quick buck that will gives you anything they can get their hands on.
  So basically you took a mystery chemical

That is a stupid argument that you could make about ANY trip/batch/dose, unless the person made it themselves/knew the chemist.  Of course there are substances out there that mimic SOME effects of Lucy, but not many that fit on blotter.  Lucy has some specific effects that cannot be reproduced.  A person as experienced as myself can often make the distinction, simply based on a few characteristics.  Kaleidoscope visuals, insights, epiphanys, body high, the general progression and comedown of a trip.  If a person has taken a lot of L, they are familiar with its effects.  A person that has never taken real L can easily be duped.  I am the former.  On top of ALL that, there are countless trip reports online and I'm sure I've read hundreds.  You can tell whether a person took L or not just by reading the report...and so many real L reports out there, it's easy to compare and contrast.  BUT THANKS FOR TRYING TO PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE...sounds like someone is jealous that they can't find any quality Lucy!

P.S. The batch I took was made for a Massive rave called EDC, you may have heard of it.

OfflineMackBolan
Stranger
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: dwpineal]
    #15068509 - 09/12/11 03:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dwpineal said:
I was thinking that something else may have contributed as well to the discomfort - how hydrated were these 2?

I've had mushroom trips where I had to sit down - too much heat and walking in the sun. I remember walking past a few benches thinking that I could make it home to drink - just had...to...keep...going. At one point I started to feel really DEHYDRATED. I felt like I really really needed some water soon. I could feel my skin drying and the moisture leaving my body. The people I was walking with had no idea I was going through all this. It got to the point that I was having a vision of the LAST drop of water in existence, it was hovering within a palace/temple with angels all around it singing the praises of the last of the water.

Eventually I sat down on the steps of a beautifully decorated church. The waves of dehydration kicked up the visual aspect of the mushroom trip almost to infinity - I remember remarking to my friend how mushrooms + dehydration caused fantastic visions...Eventually I made it home, and once I was in the AC, I almost forgot about the need to drink, but my friend reminded me...

Anyway, just wanted to put this out there since it happened to me...

UUUUGGGGHHHH.  That sounds terrible.  Since the first time I look L, I decided I'd never take shrooms again if I didn't have to.  I am a small guy, 6'1 130lb, so a 2grams of good shrooms can be devastating on my body, depending on my diet and environment.  Heat and psychedelics in general, I think, are not a good much (but the visuals are DEFINITELY better).  On the zoo trip, we were very well hydrated and I finished a liter of water within an hour of the onset of nausea.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#15068629 - 09/12/11 03:59 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

yeah many vitamins make you feel like shit if you don't eat them on a full stomach. hell sometimes they make me feel like shit regardless. i don't think anything else was affecting it. i think the heat was just aggravating your discomfort and the lsd was causing more uneasiness. just make sure you take it with food and a little bit in advance so you can chill inside your house and make sure you don't upset your stomach.

OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #15068866 - 09/12/11 04:45 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

When I was young...

A buddy and I ate a couple of sugar cubes and were frying at home... For some reason, I decided we needed a multi-vitamin. Both ate what would be best described as huge vitamin pills... About twenty minutes later, my buddy spews all over the floor. To this day, he holds a grudge against me for giving him the vitamin...  Think that was over 30 years ago...

I echo the caution... Put the vitamin down and walk away

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinestrongbox18
Stranger
Male

Re: Lucy and multivitamins - A cautionary tale [Re: HarryL]
    #15069166 - 09/12/11 05:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

good read glad i know now.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder