Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: The Influence]
    #15044857 - 09/07/11 08:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What evidence is there for God's existence?

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSly Stone

Loc: Never get out of the boat
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: 4896744]
    #15044881 - 09/07/11 08:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:

This is proof.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Loc: Not Wisconsin
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: 4896744]
    #15044901 - 09/07/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:

What evidence is there against God's existence? I believe in microevolution. Organisms adapt all of the time. But to believe in a nutshell that there was a primordial soup and all the beauty of the world and millions of different organisms evovled from it, just isn't possible. Along with the big bang theory. How can an explosion rattle cells enough to have them evolve into so many different organisms? I believe that a something created everything, it makes much more sense to me. People gave that something a name and in my beliefs that name is God.

Offlinemr_faux
Seer

Loc: Imagination Station
    #15044903 - 09/07/11 08:11 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

God made dirt? So dirt don't hurt?

--------------------
LET IT GO.

OfflineRandall_Flagg
Timeless Stranger

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: The Influence]
    #15044929 - 09/07/11 08:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

iThink said:
So you just believe for emotional comfort?

No I believe because I have experienced blessings as in answered prayers. I also believe that God created earth, how is that emotional comfort?

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Why else would someone believe in something that's completely impossible to prove and when there is so much evidence to the contrary of said belief?

And there is a plethora of evidence against the bible.

Im not going to change any of your views on Christianity so I wont try. Ya guy I don't believe that Adam and Eve started the whole human population, or that Jonah lived in the belly of a whale for three days. Some of those stories are parables.

Where does it say that Adam and Eve were parables in the bible?

Or how about the earth being created in 6 days?

IF the bible was wrong once why would you believe it at all?

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: mr_faux]
    #15044935 - 09/07/11 08:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My main point was that there are a shit load of different versions of the bible out there. If there are a bunch of different variations of how the story happened, then which one is the right one? IMO none of them actually happened and most of what is written in them is BS. It might be more interesting and thus less shitty with those minuscule things you mentioned.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

OfflineRandall_Flagg
Timeless Stranger

#15044939 - 09/07/11 08:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

iThink said:

What evidence is there against God's existence? I believe in microevolution. Organisms adapt all of the time. But to believe in a nutshell that there was a primordial soup and all the beauty of the world and millions of different organisms evovled from it, just isn't possible. Along with the big bang theory. How can an explosion rattle cells enough to have them evolve into so many different organisms? I believe that a something created everything, it makes much more sense to me. People gave that something a name and in my beliefs that name is God.

If you believe in micro evolution then by extension you have to believe in macro evolution.

If you dont you're just very under educated on the matter.

Invisibleairclay
Morbid and Wrong
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Texas
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: Randall_Flagg] * 1
    #15044964 - 09/07/11 08:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think OP is on to something here. In the last 1500 years I don't think anyone has had such insightful thoughts on the Bible.

--------------------
Give no fucks, take no orders, smash the prisons and the borders. Circle that A motherfucker!

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: Randall_Flagg]
    #15044970 - 09/07/11 08:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

iThink said:

If you believe in micro evolution then by extension you have to believe in macro evolution.

There is not one fossil record in history to prove macroevolution. So we all started as cells, how did the cells know that we needed lungs to take in oxygen, a brain to think, instincts to tell our bodies we need food, eyes to see etc etc? Explain that to me then.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: Randall_Flagg]
    #15044984 - 09/07/11 08:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

iThink said:
So you just believe for emotional comfort?

No I believe because I have experienced blessings as in answered prayers. I also believe that God created earth, how is that emotional comfort?

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Why else would someone believe in something that's completely impossible to prove and when there is so much evidence to the contrary of said belief?

And there is a plethora of evidence against the bible.

Im not going to change any of your views on Christianity so I wont try. Ya guy I don't believe that Adam and Eve started the whole human population, or that Jonah lived in the belly of a whale for three days. Some of those stories are parables.

Where does it say that Adam and Eve were parables in the bible?

Or how about the earth being created in 6 days?

IF the bible was wrong once why would you believe it at all?

I was taught that they were parables. A representation of how humanity turned it's back on God and started living against the earth. Some Christians do take the bible word for word, but those are mainly newer denominations.

OfflineRandall_Flagg
Timeless Stranger

#15044986 - 09/07/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

iThink said:

There is not one fossil record in history to prove macroevolution. So we all started as cells, how did the cells know that we needed lungs to take in oxygen, a brain to think, instincts to tell our bodies we need food, eyes to see etc etc? Explain that to me then.

We have nearly complete fossil records of the evolution of the modern horse.

Evolution is not about knowledge.

You saying this proves your ignorance.

Evolution is about what works and what doesnt.

Things that work live things that dont die and to compete things evolve to fill new ecological niches.

Offlinemr_faux
Seer

Loc: Imagination Station
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: dustinthewind13]
    #15044989 - 09/07/11 08:26 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dustinthewind13 said:
My main point was that there are a shit load of different versions of the bible out there. If there are a bunch of different variations of how the story happened, then which one is the right one? IMO none of them actually happened and most of what is written in them is BS. It might be more interesting and thus less shitty with those minuscule things you mentioned.

Yeah, man. I'm with you all the way. My sarcasm doesn't show well enough in this setting, it's also a problem I have with texting.

--------------------
LET IT GO.

Invisiblegraffix87
ישו הוא האדון
 User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: xFrockx]
    #15044992 - 09/07/11 08:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
Jesus was a liar because it is impossible to return from the dead as he did. Unless he was personally unaware that he had not actually died, he was a liar. He also lied about who his real father was. Joseph was a liar because there was no virgin birth, he fucked Mary, and she lied about it as well. Unless Mary cheated on Joseph with another man, in which case she was the liar and she lied to protect both their honor. No surprise Jesus would claim God was his father in that case since Joseph was so chickenshit that his wife cheated on him with some mangy goatherder.

"what could you get out of telling others your opinions on Jesus? Jesus healed me bro "

Same question, right back at you.

and how are you so certain of yourself, that Jesus is not the Christ? There are over 400 prophecies in the Old Testament which point to the coming Messiah and to His life and death. Jesus Christ perfectly fulfilled every single one of them. The odds of someone doing that who was not the Messiah are too great to even figure. It is impossible.

The miracle of Jesus' birth is that He was born of a virgin, sure it sounds wacky to someone who chooses not to believe, but that's just it, if you get offended when someone brings up Christ then do some thinking as to why, don't harden your heart to it, don't decide that you know what is right and Christians are wrong because you don't like how it sounds. To each will decide what they shall believe though, and I wish you the best in life

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
    #15045009 - 09/07/11 08:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Obviously the bible is composed of complete different information than it was when it was written thanks to endless "translations". For instance, check out what the modern day KJV looks like compared to the original Hebrew writing...

Hebrew: to you shall not be any other Elohim

To me, this could be saying "I, god am the underlying force behind all existence."

King James version: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

That's not what I interpreted from the original writing....

Trying to use what's stated in modern day translations of the bible against Jesus Christ is like trying to use the patriot act against George Washington.

--------------------

Invisibledustinthewind13
Fool
 User Gallery

Loc: Being a burden
Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: mr_faux]
    #15045022 - 09/07/11 08:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mr_faux said:
Quote:

dustinthewind13 said:

Yeah, man. I'm with you all the way. My sarcasm doesn't show well enough in this setting, it's also a problem I have with texting.

The fact that there are different versions out there says more than destruction of the bible. I would be very interested in reading the destroyed parts though. I was guessing you would be too. I worded my post funny :crazy:. I'm the one with the problem here. Your sarcasm seemed pretty obvious to me. I guess mine wasn't.

--------------------
"It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and forget his own." - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"A room without books is like a body without a soul."  - Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it." -Thomas Jefferson

Edited by dustinthewind13 (09/07/11 08:35 PM)

OfflineRandall_Flagg
Timeless Stranger

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: graffix87]
    #15045058 - 09/07/11 08:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Those prophesies are also extremely subjective and could be taken many different ways.

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

Re: Jesus was a liar, his parents were liars, and those who believe him defend him to protect trauma [Re: LightShedder]
    #15045096 - 09/07/11 08:50 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:

Things that work live things that dont die and to compete things evolve to fill new ecological niches.

Knowledge helps us survive, so saying that proves your ignorance. Macroevolution is a theory and has never been proven. Those changes can easily be from natural crossbreeding. So where did the first horse come from? In your example those first horses made these supposed macro changes to suit their changing enviroment, but how did the horse come to be in the first place? Where did it emerge and develop the first neccessary organs and instincts to sustain life?

Edited by The Influence (09/07/11 08:51 PM)

OfflineRandall_Flagg
Timeless Stranger

#15045106 - 09/07/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:

Knowledge helps us survive, so saying that proves your ignorance. Macroevolution is a theory and has never been proven. Those changes can easily be from natural crossbreeding. So where did the first horse come from? In your example those first horses made these supposed macro changes to suit their changing enviroment, but how did the horse come to be in the first place? Where did it emerge and develop the first neccessary organs and instincts to sustain life?

Really a horse turning from a small toed deer like creature into the large hoofed creature we know today can happen from crossbreeding?

Also the knowledge thing went right over your head.

Invisiblegraffix87
ישו הוא האדון
 User Gallery

#15045122 - 09/07/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

LightShedder: do you happen to know what verse that is? I do feel that to many modern versions simplify it down to much (dumb it down) to try to make it make sense to more people. But I think it looses its power in doing that, I mean, just learn how to read properly. I use the NKJV myself and have gotten far more out of it than the NIV.

I've done research, had so many personal experiences I couldn't possibly remember them all, seen people healed, personally been healed, felt Gods presence, to know with all my heart that God is for real and He loves us and sent His Son for us.

--------------------

OfflineThe Influence
Free Sheeks
Male User Gallery

#15045135 - 09/07/11 09:01 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:
Quote:

The Influence said:
Quote:

Randall_Flagg said:

Really a horse turning from a small toed deer like creature into the large hoofed creature we know today can happen from crossbreeding?

Also the knowledge thing went right over your head.

So can you answer the questions that scientists have failed to prove?Where did living organisms emerge and develop the first neccessary organs and instincts to sustain life through this theory of macroevolution? like some cells knew that we needed air so they just bam turned into trees and other oxygen producing plants? Come on man answer the question and stop beating around the bush.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom