Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBriddsy
Stranger
Intense Mental Discomfort?
    #1504179 - 04/29/03 01:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I experienced my second trip on magic mushrooms yesterday; I ate them on an empty stomach and felt slight nausea before the trip kicked in. I was respectful of the plant as I am to all drugs, and had researched carefully beforehand.

For 2-3 hours I really enjoyed the experience, I got decent visuals but nothing too 'other-worldly', just a lovely, relaxed peacefullness with my surroundings, and some wonderful insights.

When the trip started to become less prominent however, I felt the most terrible sense of forboding. I had no real worries and am not a chronically depressive person (although I can be unhappy sometimes), but I really felt like I wanted to kill myself. I spent the next hour clearing all the drugs out of my room and swearing to myself that I would never touch anything again. About an hour later I felt fine and really regretted these actions; what exactly happened here? Why did I go through this horrible phase? Is there anything that can be done to prevent it? I thought about smoking some pot but my first mushroom experience was in combination with cannabis and I didn't enjoy it at all.

I ate about 6g fresh Mexicana Truffles (not a high dosage i am led to believe). Would these feelings become even worse on a higher dose? Because I do not want to become sucidial and do something foolish.

Your input is appreciated.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: Briddsy]
    #1504250 - 04/29/03 02:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

My comedowns have been very similar to that before. You'll learn to deal with it the more you trip. I find that smoking some good weed during the comedown helps A LOT. Like I said though, with time, you'll learn that its just a normal part of the trip, and it makes it easier to get through. Peace.

--------------------

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

#1504254 - 04/29/03 02:03 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

One of the first times i tripped, i ate a small dose, maybe two grams or so, because i wanted a mellow trip. Well, this backfired and the same thing happened to me. I was cool for a couple hours, but then i experienced intense angst. I think i thas something to do with not "breaking through". I have since found that large doses are easier on your mind in the big picture. This way you guarantee a release and a cleansing and you are not left hanging halfway inside a psychadelic experience.
So my advice is, you didn't eat enough. (Not to say that small doses are always bad)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: Viveka]
    #1504382 - 04/29/03 02:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Gain some confidence in your actions and this shouldn't happen.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#1504715 - 04/29/03 04:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

First off mushrooms aren't a plant, they're a fungus. Secondly, you just over reacted to a situation that became exaggerated in your mind. There have been times in the past in which a bad trip made me decide to trash an entire crop of shrooms. Boy did I regret that. Picture me an hour later trying to salvage the cakes... scraping coffee grinds off them, trying to clean them up the best I could. Unfortunaly all was lost.

With experience you'll learn to remain calm in moments of distress.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlineshad0want
Homo periergus
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: djd586]
    #1511899 - 05/01/03 06:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Hm...
It is both kinda sad and relieving to hear that others have such experiences.

I've only tripped twice (both times around 2.5g dry of some thai strain), and both times things started out very promissingly, and went horribly awry within an hour or two.  Both times some moderate to bad body discomfort (both digestive stuff, and just too intense of a body-buzz) were coupled with either feeling I've gone nuts, or feeling as depressed as depressed can be.  Will be trying a lower dose (2g or just under) soon, partly in the hope that I will 'learn' to deal with this stuff.  I hear it can be done.

Did you try the standard cures that people usually suggest? (changing music, going to another room or outside, talking to friends, etc).  Also, what was your body situation from what you remember?

Anyways, sorry you had to do though such an experience (because they DO suck...  And whoever says that shrooms are always just happy trippy 'fun' is lying :wink: ) and good luck in future times. 
Do post back if you figgure anything out about what may have happened and how to fix it though.

--------------------
What? Surely, you did not take me seriously?!

OfflineLostMetropolis
A Stranger AmongStrangers

Loc: In The Machine
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: djd586]
    #1511985 - 05/01/03 06:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think I'm going to lock up my shrooms for safety before I first try it.  :smirk:

--------------------
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost" - Tolkien

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: LostMetropolis]
    #1512381 - 05/01/03 08:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

maan.. i soo wish it would take me a fucking hour to clear all the drugs out of my room. jesus

OfflineSombie
Moonrock eater

Loc: Stafford, Virginia
    #1512392 - 05/01/03 08:34 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

All I know is, this never happened to me on acid.

I have yet to try shrooms tho, but boy do I love acid.

--------------------
"America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable." - Hunter S Thompson

Check out Agio

Follow my NFL Blog

Offlinecoz2
... [Re: Sombie]
    #1513734 - 05/02/03 02:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by coz2

Reason for deletion: ....

Edited by coz2 (09/13/07 01:21 AM)

Offlinekaptain_karma
We're all inthis together
Loc: the jolly old land of Oz
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: coz2]
    #1513782 - 05/02/03 03:23 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yeah, I don't notice this on shrooms as much as acid, but I've found that the end of trips can be very introspectively analytical, and that can be unnerving even if you're quite happy about your life and comfortable with who you are.

try watching a movie or reading a childrens book to keep your mind occupied, that usually helps me if I'm having any trouble

OfflineAchilles
Lost and Found
Male
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: kaptain_karma]
    #6186465 - 10/19/06 03:28 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

ive had the same experience with acid before. its more of a personal anxiety that develops simply because you start to think deeply about yourself and your life. it is sort of helpful, helping you discover your faults. i find that when i accept them and tell myself im gonna try to change for the better, the anxeity goes away and my mind goes into bliss, knowing that i am solving my personal problems in my head.

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: Achilles]
    #6186507 - 10/19/06 03:44 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

The best cure for a bad trip ( as stated above ) is changing your surroundings. Get outside, tripping indoors drives me crazy no matter what, I just can't do it. Having someone close to you there that's sober can help, but transversely having sobers around may freak you out even more.

I agree with some posters above that mushrooms used to cause this to happen in me much more than Lsd. L never gave me that annoying bad thought loop or paranoia. Basically, sometimes this happens for no reason at all or the reason is something completely sub-conscious so there's no way to prevent it from happening. It just happens and you deal with it and hope it doesn't happen on every journey.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now thats is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6186513 - 10/19/06 03:46 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

As for Briddsy's first post at the top: I can't imagine tripping without smoking some ganj. It's a necessity for me.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now thats is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6186934 - 10/19/06 05:20 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by Anonymous (10/19/06 05:20 PM)

Offlinetripballs000
What Do You WantTo Call Me
Male

Loc: south california
Re: Intense Mental Discomfort? [Re: ]
    #6187199 - 10/19/06 06:26 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

ive tried reading...not a good idea for me. Way to much work

--------------------
:mushroom2:-blaze forever-happy shrooming-live life-:mushroom2:

OfflineFixer
Unconventional
Male

Loc: Northeast, USA
    #6187726 - 10/19/06 09:51 PM (10 years, 9 months ago)

The first time I tripped on mushrooms I started to feel like you did. I thought that I had all of these evil little mushrooms growing on cakes and I just had to root out every last one, never try them again, and certainly not do the irresponsible act of sharing them with anyone else. I also got over the feeling after a while, and I still have them growing, and I have shared them with others who enjoyed them immensely. :smile: My most recent trip was slightly like the first, because it wasn't really the right place and time and I had some open ended things I hadn't taken care of, and  I had to work the next day..., but the one before that was bliss. I smiled from beginning to end.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience