Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLayinUp
Crush yo rating like yo butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Between the permafrost an... Flag
My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot
    #15033479 - 09/05/11 03:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys, how's it hanging? A little to the left? Sexy. Anyway, I've been making the move to outdoor growing in a big way. After a bout of extreme paranoia brought on by indoor growing, I decided the best idea was to instead grow outdoors. That way if any pesky cyborg DEA agents did do a HALO jump on my property, all they would find is perfectly legal, wild growing mushrooms! Hey, I can't control Mother Nature :shrug:

I've had this spot picked out in my mind for quite some time. I have just been putting it off because it entailed a lot of work, and a lot of exposure to ticks and chiggers. *shudder*

It is a fantastic spot, with shade all day, and only a slight amount of direct sunlight showing through the branches when the wind blows pretty hard. I've also wanted a "spot" to meditate and commune with the Earth and ponder the Medicine Wheel. I've wanted to make this spot for quite some time, ever since I was shrooming one day and both of these trees told me that if things ever go really bad, I can always come back to this spot and they will take care of me. I'm very thankful for these trees, they are very ancient and wise and posses an energy that I am just now starting to really become aware of.

All in all, it took me a good 3 hours to clear away the dead branches, leaves, and the extremely dense honeysuckle thicket. The spot has an amazing smell to it because of all these honeysuckle bushes.

Upon entry into the thicket, I was a little apprehensive for some reason, but I met a wise friend along the way who gave me permission to enter his world and take part in it.

As you can see, I constructed a makeshift walkway out of some old lumber. Hopefully this will discourage future growth of foliage to some extent.

Here's a reverse view of the entrance, as well as the amazing scenery that I will be contemplating in.

The spot I will be growing mushrooms at is pretty big. About 5 feet wide by perhaps 14 feet long. Plenty of room for a rather large mushroom bed! :laugh: Disregard the ugly piece of tin in the left of the images as I have since removed it - at great exertion to myself.

I will probably move the stump closer to the walkway, and reserve the back half of the clearing just for the mushrooms. Then again, I might enjoy the aesthetics of having a bunch of mushrooms growing up around it. I have also decided to build a fire pit in my clearing in the near future. I always enjoy tripping in nature more than anywhere else, and cannot wait to enjoy this spot. Upon completion of the work, I smoked some cannabis from my mini pyrex bong to break the site in. It was very enjoyable. Another great feature of this spot is that it is surrounded by a very dense wall of poison oak - perhaps this will discourage interlopers!

I'm not sure if I am starting the mushroom bed too late in the season to see any fruits, but I will try it nonetheless. I have 30 quarts of spawn nearing completion and several large black trash bags full of field aged horse manure and hay. Within the next couple days I am going to spawn to this spot - I have great faith it will be a success.

Thanks for reading, and please send good vibes my way!

--------------------

Escape the box.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot [Re: LayinUp]
    #15033686 - 09/05/11 04:33 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Nicely done. I'd love to do something similar in my backyard, but my roommates have kids.:undecided:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineAedan
Male

Loc: the desert
Re: My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot [Re: blewmeanie]
    #15033811 - 09/05/11 04:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Cool toad

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot [Re: Aedan]
    #15033881 - 09/05/11 05:11 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Keep us updated with pics. :thumbup:

InvisibleLayinUp
Crush yo rating like yo butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Between the permafrost an... Flag
Re: My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot [Re: 4HO-DMT]
    #15033950 - 09/05/11 05:32 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

physicist said:
Keep us updated with pics. :thumbup:

Thanks, I will.

I'm hoping to get something that looks like this:

--------------------

Escape the box.

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
Re: My outdoor shroom bed / meditation spot [Re: LayinUp]
    #15035676 - 09/05/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I hope so too.  Sending good vibes.  :nyan:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder