Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblephreakyzen
My God is anAwesome God

Loc: Under the sea
U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens
    #1502488 - 04/28/03 11:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens

Quote:

Secret exposure: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens

KEVIN OGLE reports

Updated: April 25, 2003 12:51 PM

Earlier this year news that the army would conduct bio-terrorism tests in central Oklahoma sent a near panic through some communities.

Clouds of clay dust and other substances were dropped to see if weather radar could detect a bio-terrorist attack. The army was up front and told those concerned what they were doing and promised there was nothing to worry about.

But it hasn't always been that way when the army was testing the atmosphere.

Oklahoma City and a local solider endured a secret exposure.

It was in the 1950s and America was in the height of the Cold War.

The United States and the Soviet Union were locked in a deadly race to produce the most powerful nuclear bombs. A cartoon turtle taught the children what to do in case the Soviets attacked.

Air raid drills were staged in every classroom and city across America. Little did Americans know they were already under attack -- by America.

"The human populations didn't know, the local governments didn't know, this was a secret army project that went on for 20 years," said author Leonard Cole.

The U.S. government was preparing for germ warfare by secretly spraying biological agents on its own citizens. The tests were conducted in 239 cities, including one of Oklahoma's most prominent communities.

"Among the hundreds and hundreds of tests that the army did, Stillwater, Oklahoma was targeted," said Cole, an expert on the Army's development of biological weapons. In some cities reports indicate Americans actually died because of the testing.

Government records show florescent particles of zinc cadmium sulfide were released in Stillwater in 1962.

"Cadmium itself is known to be one of the most highly toxic materials in small amounts that a human can be exposed to," Cole said.

Could Oklahomans have been made sick by that all those years ago could they still have lingering effects from it?

"If there were concentrations of it enough to make one sick, you could have serious consequences a person over a period of time could have illnesses that could range from cancer to organ failures," Cole said.

There was no medical monitoring of the population exposed to the particles and Payne County health officials have no records to show the affect, if any, on the people in the Stillwater area.

But different secret exposure tests would forever change the lives of other 0klahomans.

Arnold Parks of Oklahoma City loves to work in his yard. But he does it on painful legs and with aching arms, not to mention a bad heart. In 1965 Arnold was in the army when he was told he was going to be a test subject for some new medications.

But when he recently was given access to his medical records from 1965 he was stunned to learn those "medications" were anything but.

"And it states right in there on this date they gave me VX, on this date they gave me Sarin, on this date they gave me LSD," Parks said. "I was angry. As a matter of fact, I came unglued."

It hasn't been medically linked yet, but Parks now believes the small doses of the nerve agents Sarin and VX have affected his arms, legs and heart over the years.

"The VX they gave, it was a pill. And I asked the guy after I took that, you know, I asked him what was that? He said, 'Thats the new pill for polio.' "

And what Parks wrote down as terrible dreams during those two months of testing he now knows were hallucinations brought on by the LSD. Some of those hallucinations involved murder.

"Some of these hallucinations got a little bit scary," he said. "I think I had about four and the only one that was OK was the one that I watched this movie, it was a love story on TV. But there was no TV in the room, so I couldn't have watched that movie on TV. So it was all an acid trip, basically it was a trip but the other three was the killing things."

Parks believes after more than 35 years it's time the army made good for what they did to him. But, he's resigned to the fact that some things won't change.

"Pay me compensation," he said. "I want that and I would like to be treated. But I don't think they can treat this."

A spokesperson for the Veteran's Administration said once there is a medical link confirming the testing is to blame for Park's ailments, then he has a case. But, they say, not until then.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: phreakyzen]
    #1504745 - 04/29/03 04:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting!...especially the LSD "medicine"! :shocked:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Anonymous

Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1504750 - 04/29/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

ever heard of the CIA's project MK-ULTRA?

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: ]
    #1504755 - 04/29/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure...
But i remember reading about LSD and the american gov. while tripping on 3 hits at 4 in the morning...
Talk about mind fuck. :crazy:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: phreakyzen]
    #1504818 - 04/29/03 04:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

There are many instances of the U.S. testing on it's own citizens...here is another one.

WASHINGTON (AP) - The U.S. military used two kinds of nerve gas and a biological toxin in tests on Navy ships in the 1960s, the Pentagon acknowledged for the first time Thursday. Officials said veterans harmed by exposure to the agents could be eligible for health benefits.

The four tests in the Pacific from 1964 to 1968 used either the deadly nerve agent sarin, the nerve gas known as VX, or a biological toxin that causes flu-like symptoms, Defense Department statements said.

The tests, conducted on barges, tugs, destroyers and other ships, were to test the weapons themselves, protective gear and decontamination procedures.

Sketchy records of the tests and ships' logs do not indicate any of those involved in the tests suffered serious health problems at the time, said Dr. Michael E. Kilpatrick, a Defense Department health official.

"It may not be the best, but we believe if anything catastrophic happened or if there were large numbers of ill people, it would be in the log," said Kilpatrick, who was involved in reviewing the records. "There's no indication on any of these tests that that had occurred."

The Department of Veterans Affairs (news - web sites) has mailed letters to about 600 veterans who may have taken part in the tests, VA Secretary Anthony Principi said Thursday. Any who were harmed by the chemicals could be eligible for VA benefits.

"There's always been a question whether veterans and active-duty service members became ill as a result of that testing," Principi said in an interview with The Associated Press. "It's been controversial, so we were sending out letters to veterans to ask them to take a physical and to see if they are entitled to any benefits."

The Pentagon released details about six tests from a 1960s program to evaluate chemical and biological weapons and defenses against them. The Defense Department had agreed two years ago to begin releasing details about the tests and contacting participants after pressure from Rep. Mike Thompson (news, bio, voting record), D-Calif., and veterans who participated.

"I'm somewhat alarmed by it," Thompson said. "It seems to me enough time has passed that someone over there should have known who was involved and what was going on."

The tests also used chemicals and bacteria meant to simulate weapons, as well as fluorescent or radioactive chemicals used as tracers, the Defense Department said. One type of bacteria used to simulate germ weapons was later found to cause infections, and a separate test where that germ was sprayed on San Francisco is believed to have caused an infection that killed a man.

The tests were among 113 conducted as part of a project called SHAD, or Shipboard Hazard and Defense. The Pentagon has acknowledged using chemical and biological simulants before, but has not admitted using the actual weapons agents themselves.

Sarin, the deadly nerve gas used by a cult to kill a dozen people in a Tokyo subway in 1995, was used in a 1964 test code-named Flower Drum Phase I off the coast of Hawaii. Both sarin and a chemical simulant were sprayed onto the USS George Eastman from a turbine on the ship's bow and injected into the ship's ventilation system, the Pentagon statement said.

Crew members wore gas masks during the tests, and those who worked most directly with the sarin wore chemical protection suits, the statement said.

Monkeys were used as test subjects during the exercises using nerve gas and were later "sacrificed" to determine whether they were exposed to the weapons, Kilpatrick said. Although records do not say how potent the sarin was, the fact that participants used protective gear indicates it was in a harmful or deadly form, Kilpatrick said.

Tests in 1964 and 1965 used VX, another deadly nerve gas. For the "Fearless Johnny" tests in 1965, the George Eastman was sprayed with VX and a simulant to test decontamination procedures. In the Flower Drum Phase II tests, VX gas tagged with radioactive phosphorus was sprayed on a barge to test decontamination procedures.

That second test used a compound that was 90 percent VX ? "the most lethal nerve agent" and one that can linger for weeks, Kilpatrick said. But there is no evidence any people were on the barge sprayed with VX, which was towed nearly a half-mile behind a tugboat, he said.

A 1968 test used staphylococcal enterotoxin Type B ? a poison produced by bacteria that causes flu-like symptoms such as fever, muscle aches, cough, vomiting and diarrhea.

During that test, the toxin was sprayed from tanks on airplanes over five tugboats, the USS Granville S. Hall and some parts of the Eniwetok Atoll in the Pacific. The test was to evaluate how the toxin ? meant to incapacitate soldiers for up to two weeks without killing them ? could be spread from the air.

The Granville S. Hall also acted as a support vessel for the tests using nerve gas.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: Rono]
    #1504835 - 04/29/03 04:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

hmm.

What is the CIA's project MK-ULTRA?

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1504862 - 04/29/03 04:58 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

A mind control research program initiated in the 1950s...do a search on Google.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Anonymous

#1504877 - 04/29/03 05:03 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Also the Tuskeegee Experiments. (i think that's how you spell it).

InvisibleGabbaDj
BTH
 User Gallery

Loc: By The Lake
    #1504927 - 04/29/03 05:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hmm.

What is the CIA's project MK-ULTRA?

Hes a Dj from Texas... Oooh and a cool government experiment.

Theirs been LOTS of fucked up government projects.. I forget the name of one but they set up free clinics in poor black neighborhoods and instead of treating black men and women for sickness they injected them with varrious deseases and viruses so that they could watch how it spreads in an urban environment...

That one came out a few years ago and their was ALOT of money paid out to families to keep them silent.

My favorite is how the CIA set up whore houses and did acid experiments on people while CIA agents watched through 2 way mirrors.

I wonder if any of them ever jerked off while they watched?

--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG          C8.com                    http://www.beatsopjefiets.com/   

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: U.S. tested chemical weapons on own citizens [Re: GabbaDj]
    #1505243 - 04/29/03 06:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I wonder if any of them ever jerked off while they watched?

Probably!...while on acid too! they prolly dressed up as the whores and got a little action themselves...

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Toilet Paper

General Interest >> Political Discussion