Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight.
    #15021567 - 09/03/11 08:01 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, im skinny and i want to gain more. I take 5mg dex daily, and i dont eat very healthy at all.

My metabolism is so fast and i want to slow it down a tad so i can gain some.

Any tips? I know i need to eat healthy, and i will from now on. Should i take a supplement or just eat healthier foods? Should i double what im eating? I never eat breakfast, ill start that too, should help

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline4896744
Small Town Girl
Female User Gallery

Loc: United States
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: Locky]
    #15021571 - 09/03/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Try weight gaining powders. They have like 1000 calories per serving along with protein. You can also eat things like peanut butter and lots of meat.

--------------------
Live your Life! :heart:

Invisibleninja cat 09
A paranoid android
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: 4896744]
    #15021660 - 09/03/11 08:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you want to gain muscle check this website out, helped me out quite a bit, the dude even has a calorie calculator which is what I think will help you most,it's designed to lose weight but there are various options including gaining muscle without losing fat.

--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Invisiblethodub

#15022923 - 09/03/11 01:58 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

pizza and tacos everyday

InvisibleAmber Trichome

Loc: Black Mountain
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: thodub]
    #15023605 - 09/03/11 04:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you are skinny, at least you don't have to worry about cutting fat.

Why not just start lifting and upping your protein?

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: Amber Trichome]
    #15024148 - 09/03/11 06:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you can stop taking the 5mg of amphetamines it will help.  Eat, eat, eat.  It is that simple.  Don't go overboard of processed and try to avoid fast food all together and you'll put on the pounds.

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Offlineclarenceecho
Stranger
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #15027489 - 09/04/11 12:21 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

go get those big bags of boneless chicken breast at the store. You need to eat a few chicken breasts every day! Great healthy way to put on some pounds.

Invisiblebirdland

Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: clarenceecho]
    #15032535 - 09/05/11 12:33 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

lol. Coming from someone who is also very skinny with a fast metabolism, eating heaps or eating heaps of fatty foods like everyone has suggested won't do shit.

You gotta eat at least 3-4 meals a day (don't need to stuff yourself), have a high protein intake and work out. It's really that simple. Work out at least 3 times a week. Absolute minimum.

If you don't know how to maintain a high protein intake just buy some whey protein and use that as directed. Works for me :shrug: I'm being lazy atm though so I've lost like 5kg this year, also depression but that's getting better it's now more the laziness.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: birdland]
    #15033700 - 09/05/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

^3 meals a day? wrong. He needs to eat at least 5 meals a day with snacks. Dont start no bullshit workouts with 10 or more reps. That wont help you much.

Invisibleninja cat 09
A paranoid android
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mexico Flag
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: dshow]
    #15034808 - 09/05/11 08:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dshow said:
^3 meals a day? wrong. He needs to eat at least 5 meals.

I agree, as for reps while working out, do a month of low reps and then a month of high reps, you're body gets used to doing the same exercise over and over so the muscles won't grow as well if you only do low reps.

--------------------
             :crazykitty:

InvisibleLocky
Dont Spill Me!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Over here, yes, here
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #15034908 - 09/05/11 08:20 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I do 60 pushups every morning and every night in sets of 3 with 10mins break inbetween. Thats all the controled exercise i do. But i do ride bmx, and thats good exercise

I have started to eat bigger meals, and i now eat a big breakfast, where as before i never ate breaky

--------------------

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

#15035337 - 09/05/11 09:40 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ok well stop doing that. It is not working. Eat 5 meals a day and do some real weight. No push up bullshit.

OfflineLSDenthusiast
Not Knowing
 User Gallery

#15035513 - 09/05/11 10:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post exactly what you ate for the past few days. Most people think they eat a lot when in fact its really not enough. Also they don't realize once you get into lifting weights seriously. Eating turns into a second job in itself. If your eating clean, then its going to look like a massive amount of food to take in, and it is.

Invisiblebirdland

#15040865 - 09/07/11 01:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dshow said:
Ok well stop doing that. It is not working. Eat 5 meals a day and do some real weight. No push up bullshit.

:lol: no pushup bullshit?  I agree that pushups won't make him gain much muscle mass but I never heard such a retarded opinion on pushups in my life? "Bullshit"? :facepalm:

Anyway a minimum of 3-4 meals a day with protein supplements is sufficient. I never said don't eat 5 meals a day but on certain busy days where the OP can't make 5 meals or is not as hungry as normal 3 will be fine. I'm talking from personal experience here so don't try be some all-knowing master of everything. A minimum of 5 meals a day plus snacks is recommended by some personal trainers but it's just not realistic.

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: 4896744]
    #15041043 - 09/07/11 03:20 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

iThink said:
Try weight gaining powders. They have like 1000 calories per serving along with protein. You can also eat things like peanut butter and lots of meat.

this...

but, you you're gonna want to start lifting some heavy weights.

stick with deadlifts, weighted squats, and bench press, as they are the ultimate mass builders... just make sure you learn good form first before you go really heavy, or you risk seriously fucking your back up...

even with the amount of pushups you do, upping your caloric/protein/carb intake should help put on a bit of muscle... 

also stay away from cardio as much as possible, sure it's good for you, but it not only burns fat, it burns muscle as well... I mean, don't completely cut it out of your life, but if your serious about gaining weight, too much cardio is really gonna make it a lot harder.

and sleep... get your 8 hours in every night, as this is when you're muscles are gonna grow... sleep/rest is actually one of the most important, yet overlooked activities for beginners looking to put some muscle mass on

check out some body building forums... they'll more then likely have some good tips/workouts for your body type.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: birdland]
    #15045354 - 09/07/11 09:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

birdland said:
Quote:

dshow said:

:lol: no pushup bullshit?  I agree that pushups won't make him gain much muscle mass but I never heard such a retarded opinion on pushups in my life? "Bullshit"? :facepalm:

Anyway a minimum of 3-4 meals a day with protein supplements is sufficient. I never said don't eat 5 meals a day but on certain busy days where the OP can't make 5 meals or is not as hungry as normal 3 will be fine. I'm talking from personal experience here so don't try be some all-knowing master of everything. A minimum of 5 meals a day plus snacks is recommended by some personal trainers but it's just not realistic.

re read topic. He wants mass. YES NO PUSHUP BULLSHIT. BULLSHIT... BULLSHIT If he thats small he should be able to do 50 pushups at least. After that. Fuck man no pushup BS.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

#15045359 - 09/07/11 09:44 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

He doesnt need protein supplements. He needs to eat CARBS and a lot of them. So im going to master know it all up in this shit :grrr:

OfflineLuSiD9
reality is plastic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Bowels of Canada
    #15045470 - 09/07/11 10:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dshow said:
He needs to eat CARBS and a lot of them.

qft

but, I don't really see how protein supplements wouldn't help... assuming he's both lifting and still riding BMX.

don't know why so many people have this hate for pushups, I mean, they won't make you huge, but they definitely add mass without a doubt... I had a buddy who was in jail for awhile, by the time he got out, he was quite a bit bigger, did nothing but body weight exercises, mostly pushups and burpees...

sure, they wont build the chest as fast as fly's/bench press, but I can even speak from my own experience, as well as others, that they will add mass (at least at first), and strengthen a lot of core muscles all at once that would usually take a few different exercises to achieve... and they'll also give a wicked boost to your bench.

--------------------
Nothing is true, everything is permissible.

Our laws make law impossible; our liberties destroy all freedom; our property is organized robbery; our morality an impudent hypocrisy; our wisdom is administered by inexperienced or mal-experienced dupes; our power wielded by cowards and weaklings; and our honour false in all its points. I am an enemy of the existing order for good reasons.

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #15045472 - 09/07/11 10:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dshow said:
He doesnt need protein supplements. He needs to eat CARBS and a lot of them. So im going to master know it all up in this shit :grrr:

Carbs worked for me. I carbo loaded for two years until I finally leveled off at 195 lbs. Now I concentrate on healthy calories and protein intake for the sake of getting lean and sexy:wink:.

I also used the milk method. 1 gallon of whole milk a day for a month. It got me past my wall of 165 to a gain of 185lbs. One good thing about the milk is that you get lots of protein along with all those calories which makes for great muscle building.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: My metabolism is very fast, and i want to gain some weight. [Re: LuSiD9]
    #15045517 - 09/07/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

LuSiD9 said:
Quote:

dshow said:
He needs to eat CARBS and a lot of them.

qft

but, I don't really see how protein supplements wouldn't help... assuming he's both lifting and still riding BMX.

don't know why so many people have this hate for pushups, I mean, they won't make you huge, but they definitely add mass without a doubt... I had a buddy who was in jail for awhile, by the time he got out, he was quite a bit bigger, did nothing but body weight exercises, mostly pushups and burpees...

sure, they wont build the chest as fast as fly's/bench press, but I can even speak from my own experience, as well as others, that they will add mass (at least at first), and strengthen a lot of core muscles all at once that would usually take a few different exercises to achieve... and they'll also give a wicked boost to your bench.

Quote:

sure, they wont build the chest as fast as fly's/bench press

You answered the reasoning behind dropping pushups and going weights. If op can do pushups... he needs to drop that and hit the weights.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom