Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
I believe in everything
    #1502404 - 04/28/03 09:24 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

And nothing

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Loc: Within the Realm of Imagi...
Re: I believe in everything [Re: Shroomism]
    #1502446 - 04/28/03 09:33 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Without question... if there is everything, nothing exists as well.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I believe in everything [Re: Deiymiyan]
    #1502470 - 04/28/03 09:37 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

And the in-between keeps it all in balance. The void.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1502508 - 04/28/03 09:42 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I'd love to believe in everything and nothing...

The closest I have come is simply believing that whatever I believe is usually not "right" or "wrong" but simply "an idea"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502513 - 04/28/03 09:43 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

That sounds alot like purgatory.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1502530 - 04/28/03 09:45 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

No, the void is what simply is. There is no this or that, there is no pre-concieved notion of what should be. The void is what lies between, and blends the two polarities into harmony. It is formless.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1502541 - 04/28/03 09:48 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

I believe in the possibility of everything, and the idea of nothing.

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502554 - 04/28/03 09:51 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Nice call.

Alright... I'll buy that...

So what would you say about nothing?

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I believe in everything [Re: trendal]
    #1502555 - 04/28/03 09:51 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Awesome!

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1502561 - 04/28/03 09:52 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Nothing is a polarity. It is nothingness. FEAR could be percieved as nothing, from a certain perspective.

--------------------

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #1502596 - 04/28/03 09:59 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Fear: the absense of courage?

Depression: the absense of happiness?

Is there anything directly in the middle of the two? Or does everything lean towards everything or nothing?

All or not?

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502610 - 04/28/03 10:02 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Nothing is a polarity. It is nothingness. FEAR could be percieved as nothing, from a certain perspective.

--------------------

By polarity, I take what you mean as.. opposite...

Nothingness dosen't satisfy the meaning of nothing; it didn't explain.

Fear is definately something... ... but I'd be interested to see your certain perspective.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1502627 - 04/28/03 10:08 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Fear is the darkness, the denial of all aspects of self and human nature. The desire to run away, not face a challenge.

Is there anything directly in the middle of the two? Or does everything lean towards everything or nothing?

The Void, the in-between.. what binds them and keeps them in harmony. It is neutral, having no form.

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502629 - 04/28/03 10:09 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

No, the void is what simply is. There is no this or that, there is no pre-concieved notion of what should be.

----------

Just to get some perspective on this issue.... The void is like a freshly born human mind... which follows the above tennets; until it gets changed.

Being in the middle of two polarities seems to enable a stable housing type environment for the void.

Would that sound reasonable?

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502634 - 04/28/03 10:12 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

Various gradients of courage?

Various gradiends of happiness?

Between extremes.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1502641 - 04/28/03 10:13 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

The void is all-encompassing, having no favorite or opinion. Everything is as it is, your example of a newly born human mind is a perfect example of the void.

Being in the middle of two polarities seems to enable a stable housing type environment for the void.

Would that sound reasonable?

Quite. The void exists within all things, yet can seem to appear infrequently if one polarity is heavily favored over another. It is always there, but not always perceived and/or dwelt in. It is balance of both polarities, harmonization.

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502645 - 04/28/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

We are in the in between.  :grin: 

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #1502659 - 04/28/03 10:16 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

You catch on fast.  :grin:  Yet many choose not to remain in this neutral state, favoring one polarity or the other.. often not even consciously choosing this.. the nature of human is to experience polarities, yet the catch is in balancing these experiences to view them objectively.

We can be the void. It is a matter of choice. 

--------------------

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502697 - 04/28/03 10:27 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

The closer you get to one polarity, the stronger it's effect. Getting too close to extremes is therefore rique.

Harmony/ balance results in neutrality. Getting a sample size of more than 50 % to favour a particular polarity would facilitate growth towards that direction... It would be better to say that in terms of strength. Some individuals have more strenght than others.

We are in a state of change... constructive change is what I am interested in.

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineViBrAnT
WaRpInG &sPiRaLiNg
    #1502712 - 04/28/03 10:30 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

in the void we lose ourself, in a corrupt society we fight to suceed, just one more time i wanna do mush, so then i can jump off a bridge and go to the happy society, i hope its there, i am taking a big chance here, eh well, relativity is all in the mind.

--------------------
" liken this life illusory, for your sand castle will one day be adrift amongst the wind "

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

Re: I believe in everything [Re: ViBrAnT]
    #1502728 - 04/28/03 10:36 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

It's not worth you effort to seek that society in that manner.

You know what would be really nuts tho...  If you did that.. and bungee jumped off a bridge... That hightens your perceptions right? I think, you would feel some intense emotions  :grin: 

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineDeiymiyan
I AM

#1502735 - 04/28/03 10:38 PM (21 years, 27 days ago)

That would be a neat way to have your everything flash before your eyes!  LOL :smile:

--------------------

Dei Gratia de integro,

Veni Vidi Vici:

In Nomine Domini..

OfflineSole_Worthy
Stranger

Loc: over here
    #1503325 - 04/29/03 03:08 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

In nothing there is everything at all

--------------------
get it all together get like birds of a feather

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: I believe in everything [Re: Sole_Worthy]
    #1503352 - 04/29/03 03:21 AM (21 years, 27 days ago)

If I may, I would like to quote some Bruce Lee, who is my hero as a martial artist, as well as a philosopher, and provides me with much inspiration:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

The aim of art is to project an inner vision into the world, to state in aesthetic creation the deepest psychic and personal experiences of a human being. It is to enable those experiences to be intelligible and generally recognized within the total framework of an ideal world.

Art is an expression of life and transcends both time and space. We must employ our own souls through art to give a new form and a new meaning to nature or the world. "Artless art" is the artistic process within the artist; its meaning is "art of the soul".

Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make.

Art reveals itself in psychic understanding of the inner essence of things and gives form to the relation of man with nothing, with the nature of the absolute.

An artist's expression is his soul made apparent, his schooling, as well as his "cool" being exhibited. Behind every motion, the music of his soul is made visible. Otherwise, his motion is empty and empty motion is like an empty word; no meaning.

Art is never decoration or embellishment; instead, it is work of enlightenment. Art, in other words, is a technique for acquiring liberty.

Art calls for complete mastery of techniques, developed by reflection within the soul.

The artless art is the art of the soul at peace, like moonlight mirrored in a deep lake. The ultimate aim of the artist is to use his daily activity to become a past master of life, and so lay hold of the art of living. Masters in all branches of art must first be masters of living, for the soul creates everything.

Art is the way to the absolute and to the essence of human life. The aim of art is not the one-sided promotion of spirit, soul and senses, but the opening of all human capacities - thought, feeling, will - to the life rhythm of the world of nature. So will the voiceless voice be heard and the self be brought into harmony with it.

Artistic skill, therefore, does not mean artistic perfection. It remains rather a continuing medium or reflection of some step in psychic development, the perfection of which is not to be found in shape and form, but must radiate from the human soul.

The artistic activity does not lie in art itself as such. It penetrates into a deeper world in which all art forms (of things inwardly experienced) flow together, aand in which the harmony of soul and cosmos in the nothing has its outcome in reality.

It is the artistic process, therefore, that is reality and reality is truth.

Voidness is that which stands right in the middle between this and that. The void is all-inclusive, having no opposite - there is nothing which it excludes or opposes. It is living void, because all forms come out of it and whoever realizes the void is filled with life and power and the love of all being.

Nothingness cannot be defined; the softest thing cannot be snapped.

To see a thing uncolored by one's own personal preferences and desires is to see it in its own pristine simplicity

Wisdom does not consist of trying to wrest the good from the evil but in learning to "ride" them as a cork adapts itself to the crests and troughs of the waves.

An assertion is Zen only when it is itself an act and does not refer to anything that is asserted in it.

In Buddhism, there is no place for using effort. Just be ordinary and nothing special. Eat your food, move your bowels, pass water and when you're tired go and lie down. The ignorant will laugh at me, but the wise will understand.

Establish nothing in regard to onself. Pass quickly like the non-existent and be quiet as purity. Those who gain lose. do not precede others, always follow them.

Do not run away; let go. Do not seek, for it will come when least expected.

All vague notions must fall before a pupil can call himself a master.

After all, all knowledge simply means self-knowledge.

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (04/29/03 03:24 AM)

OfflineSWAY
SurrealPhantasmicSubConscious

Loc: A Dream...
    #1504901 - 04/29/03 03:10 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

WoW what a crazy thread LOL

Most parts of these amazing ideas i think understand what you mean..., but you keep  talking and using words that im not familiar with.., ..so maybe you should use smaller words and more sentences so the slow ones like me can understand :confused:

Earlier you guys mentioned nothing and compared it to everything, and i think i believe in the idea of nothing.. but..., (now this part gives me a headache so if you don't want a headache you might not wanna read it) ..but wouldn't 'nothing' be something..?
I mean i think everything and nothing are kind of the same thing but nothing sounds kind of hard for me to understand.., probably cuz its the idea that it IS NOTHING, not an idea.. not a theory or view.. but NOTHING, its not even 'nothing' cuz i think 'nothing' would be something, so then even thinking about the idea of nothing makes it something (i hope im not rambling or being too repetitive), so if you think you understand nothing then try to picture it in your mind (LMAO), haha! i bet you cant! and if you say you can then i still disagree cuz you woulda saw something, even total darkness is something, so can somebody tell me what they think 'nothing' is? maybe i'm just seeing things wrong or differently but i think nothing means not even 0 .. almost kinda like infinity -- which i dont think is numerical either

So then if 'nothing' is some kind of illusion or trick then what is 'everything'?
Now when i start to think about this after thinking about how i dont think i can understand what nothing is (even though i dont like to think that i can't ever understand or comprehend anything cuz i think we are capable of anything) then how can you describe 'everything'? Now try just the same thing as i said for nothing -- try imagining it.. try picturing EVERYTHING (i believe that would mean things you can't see now and may not ever be able to see), i bet that you can't quite do that either!

So about now i start thinking the differences (if any) between everything and nothing are getting blurry, so does somebody want to pitch in how they see 'everything' and 'nothing' ? Even though i think i agree with 'everything' and 'nothing' existing i dont think i understand them or ever wrap my mind around these ideas

ok you probably have a headache by now, but i still think its a great interesting subject :ooo:

S W A Y 

--------------------
?People keep searching for happines in the outside, what they don't know is that it's in the inside?
?In an infinite universe, anything that can exist, must exist? Bear
?To think too long about doing a thing often becomes its undoing? Eva Young

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1504911 - 04/29/03 03:13 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

Another quote from Bruce Lee:

"Its is like a finger that points to the moon.... don't look at the finger, or you'll miss all the heavenly glory!"

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAmnesiac
Re-memberingcosmic wisdom

Loc: Unknown
Re: I believe in everything [Re: Strumpling]
    #1506119 - 04/29/03 09:36 PM (21 years, 26 days ago)

I don't believe in everything, and I don't believe in nothing.
I just know a little bit of everything, and a whole lot of nothing :smile:

--------------------
Here we are, in these bodies, on this planet in an endless universe. This is not the extent of who we are... merely an extension of who we really are.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1511683 - 05/01/03 02:45 PM (21 years, 24 days ago)

today before school i was smoking a cigarette sitting down and looking out past these houses across the street. and as i looked i could see all the individual blades of grass swaying different directions. that might not sound like a lot but it was like i was really looking out really seeing what was there. instead of the day to day movie/camera lens picture. i dont know. i thought it was was rather intreguing. thought this would be a good place to post it. i wonder if that is the action of thought and sight.

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder