Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinejayfromtheSE
A simple fool.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Australia, Melbourne. Flag
Your thoughts on this experience?
    #15022057 - 09/03/11 10:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys, just looking for you thoughts on my experience and what happened.

The other day I decided to have a trip, 3.5 grams of cubensis to be exact. Now it's not like I haven't have Psilocybin before, the last trip I had was 3.5 grams. The only difference is before, the only trips I had ever had where eaten fresh and dried.
This time I had 3.5 grams in a tea, with a tablespoon and a half of lemon and it was also my first time tripping alone.
I had some objectives that I set myself to do but what happened to me an  hour later left me incapable of doing anything.

After about 30 - 35 minutes the body load was insane it was to the point I was shaking trying to write anything down, or so I thought in a journal I decided to keep that day by complete chance.
After about 45 minutes I was tripping so intensely I've never had anything anywhere near that level.
After about 1 hour and 15 minutes I practically I dropped everything I was doing and rushed to bed and laid down. At this time I was having a bad trip per say, it was very stressful and made me panic for quite some time.

What happened to me next was completely insane. Though admittedly as I'm writing this down I'm remembering more and more about the trip.
I began to lose all sense of reality, from where I was,what I 'should do' with my girlfriend (referring to sex), to what am I and what reality was.
During this period of I'd say about 5 minutes (even though it felt like a strenuous and stressful 2 hours) I had a mild flash of reality and was completely disgusted.
I came to a place that was filled with bright-ish white light and a image being looped over and over again, though my whole vision was engulfed by hundreds of these images.
I unfortunately do not remember what that image was, I was to busy trying to find out what I was, where I was from, why I had left.
For I'd say about 15 - 20 minutes I had lost completely all motor skills and during the 5 minutes of me forgetting where I was and losing all vision of this reality I had the rare moment where I would toss my arm around to try and push the blanket down as I was heating up.
At around the 15 mark (including the first 5 minutes) I had no recollection of reality, society, mother, father, girlfriend, friends, everything was completely forgotten. I had forgotten what reality consisted of, mentioning that I didn't know that I was a human being and also loss of reality completely. There was no time, it's like it came to a stop completely and some sort of music was playing lightly if I recall correctly as I had the struggle trying to figure out why I was this lost.
During the whole 25 minutes, there was no speech but for some reason I knew I was 'lost' and kept attempting to remember what I was, where I was from, etc..
I was engulfed in this weird place for what felt like hours and hours and hours.
I came back after about 25 - 30 minutes and was so happy. Soon as my sense of reality and vision came back I jumped up and the rest of my trip was very pleasant. Though I remember at the time I felt like I wasn't tripping as what I had been through was mind scrambling and blowing. I don't know if I was tripping or it wore of really fast.

I've been meditating a lot more as of recently and I try to use Psilocybin as a release and spiritual exploration.
The trips that I've had previously had never been this intense, ever. Nothing has even come close. I've tried various things and tripping has taught me a lot about myself and reality.

I want to mention that the whole process was extremely stressful and prior to the experience I was getting more and more stressed with the lack of motor skills I had which probably didn't help me. Afterwards I was completely fine and happy though.

I'm just looking for any thoughts about what this could be or what happened to me. I'm not fishing for people to make me feel special I just want to find out the god honest truth about what the fuck happened to me.

--------------------
I dreamed I was a butterfly, floatting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder; Am I a man who dreamed of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

Edited by jayfromtheSE (09/03/11 11:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinejayfromtheSE
A simple fool.
Male User Gallery
Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: jayfromtheSE]
    #15022095 - 09/03/11 10:45 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

If you need to know anything else please ask.

--------------------
I dreamed I was a butterfly, floatting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder; Am I a man who dreamed of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

OfflineeVil_
StrangelyFamiliar
 User Gallery

Loc: Iowa
    #15022113 - 09/03/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I'm just looking for any thoughts about what this could be or what happened to me.

Quote:

The other day I decided to have a trip, 3.5 grams of cubensis to be exact. Now it's not like I haven't have Psilocybin before, the last trip I had was 3.5 grams. The only difference is before, the only trips I had ever had where eaten fresh and dried.
This time I had 3.5 grams in a tea, with a tablespoon and a half of lemon and it was also my first time tripping alone.

Mystery solved.

--------------------
It's great to be here. I thank you. Ah, I've been on the road doing comedy for ten years now, so bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this shit one more time. - Bill Hicks

<Guest> has anyone ever heard of sprinklen a freshcow pattie w dust and hangin it from a tree in cheese cloth and watering it?

OfflinejayfromtheSE
A simple fool.
Male User Gallery
Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: eVil_]
    #15022128 - 09/03/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

So why would 3.5 grams dried as opposed to 3.5 grams in a tea such a different of a consequence such as complete disconnection from reality.

--------------------

OfflineeVil_
StrangelyFamiliar
 User Gallery

#15022198 - 09/03/11 11:08 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Because the alkaloid actives are pulled into solution (the tea) and are thus very easily absorbed. Eating the fruit bodies requires that your stomach break down the flesh before it can get at the actives. Thus why tea is a much quicker, generally much stronger, experience.

--------------------
It's great to be here. I thank you. Ah, I've been on the road doing comedy for ten years now, so bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this shit one more time. - Bill Hicks

<Guest> has anyone ever heard of sprinklen a freshcow pattie w dust and hangin it from a tree in cheese cloth and watering it?

OfflinejayfromtheSE
A simple fool.
Male User Gallery
    #15022211 - 09/03/11 11:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eVil_ said:
Because the alkaloid actives are pulled into solution (the tea) and are thus very easily absorbed. Eating the fruit bodies requires that your stomach break down the flesh before it can get at the actives. Thus why tea is a much quicker, generally much stronger, experience.

I understand that but is it common to go from hallucinations and mental thoughts to complete disconnection of reality.

I was not prepared for this in the slightest and had NO IDEA mushroom tea would be so completely insane and different.

--------------------

OfflineeVil_
StrangelyFamiliar
 User Gallery

#15022230 - 09/03/11 11:15 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome to the world of psychedelics, mate. Some trips you want to blow your mind and you don't get very far off the ground. Other times you'll want to just have a nice easy trip and be blasted off into outer space.

--------------------

Offlinecarnage11
Mushroom Magician
Male User Gallery

Loc: 407 Flag
    #15022258 - 09/03/11 11:21 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eVil_ said:

:whathesaid:

With tea, the come up is much faster. The trip more intense. But the length is usually shortened.

IME, the difference between a fun trip into mushroom land and a plummet into the abyss of non-reality can be as little as .5 gram.  Depending on what you've had to eat that day, your mindset, etc.

--------------------
You're breathing so I guess you're still alive
Even if signs seem to tell me otherwise.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: carnage11]
    #15022306 - 09/03/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

These drugs are sometimes probabilistic, at best.  Completely unpredictable, usually.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: joemolloy]
    #15022314 - 09/03/11 11:36 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

By the way, great post.  You captured it.  Why do we seek it?  Why keep going back?  What does it offer?  It's sick.  It's fun.

--------------------
Don't PM me with bullshit.  I don't sell or trade cactus and I don't know where you can get any, other than your mother's ass.

OfflineYabsolute
Psychedeliciously ambient person

#15022325 - 09/03/11 11:38 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like a usual good heavy trip. congrats. from trips like that you gain most of experience. :smile:

--------------------
The only good system - is sound system

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: Yabsolute]
    #15022376 - 09/03/11 11:46 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

What can you gain from that shit, Yabsolute?

Mental illness?

--------------------

OfflinepsilocybinjunkieM
relaxin
Male

#15022451 - 09/03/11 12:04 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The weird dreamlike state, of delusional fury, typically occurs with large doses (6+ grams). I've had a similar experience, only much more intense. I couldn't move or speak for 5 hours or more, etc. That was on several 1/8ths., not 3.5 grams.

All that being said, this is completely normal, and will happen when you take significant doses of shrooms. Personally I wouldn't put too much thought into that experience. If you want to repeat it take another high dose, something similar will happen every time. . If you want to avoid it, cut your dosage down. My guess is that spiking the drink with Lemon, increased the strength of the 3.5 grams. Probably made it as strong as say 5 grams, at which this would be a normal 5gram experience.

So now you've experienced a decent level 4 trip, and you know what can be expected from it. If you take even more shrooms the trip will be much more dramatic and  "weird". Level 4 and 5 trips are not for everyone.

Do yourself a favor and take 2.5 next time, and ease your way back into it. Using things like lemon and making tea, increase the strength of whatever dosage you are using.

OfflineYabsolute
Psychedeliciously ambient person

#15022499 - 09/03/11 12:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

joemolloy said:
What can you gain from that shit, Yabsolute?

Mental illness?

turn off your inner-troll. I was talking about experience in altered states of mind. Imagine terrorist attack that involves spraying acid in air. Some will freak-out. But not psycho warriors like us :laugh:. Also any experience is valuable, want it or not, but it is adding some points to your overall ability to live in this bizarre world

--------------------
The only good system - is sound system

Edited by Yabsolute (09/03/11 12:20 PM)

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: Yabsolute]
    #15022539 - 09/03/11 12:23 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm never trolling, brother.  Always a skeptic.

--------------------

Offlineant61
Male

Loc: colorado
    #15022584 - 09/03/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

sounds like  and ego death experience to me.

InvisibleLayinUp
Crush yo rating like yo butthole
 User Gallery

Loc: Between the permafrost an... Flag
    #15022586 - 09/03/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think you ate some good shrooms :]

--------------------

Escape the box.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #15022750 - 09/03/11 01:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

eVil_ said:
Quote:

I'm just looking for any thoughts about what this could be or what happened to me.

Quote:

Mystery solved.

Haha fuck yes!

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: LayinUp]
    #15022807 - 09/03/11 01:34 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I think what happened was that you found out how confused you really were.

What happened? You happened.

jayfromtheSE, it would also be a good idea to try and cultivate what you learn from these medicines in the sober reality. I hope you are not depending on mushrooms, etc, to do all the work for you. It is good to keep a 50/50 balance between the inner world...whatever it is, and the outer world(mundane reality). That way you don't go too far off into insanity and not too far off into ignorance. The more you feed your spirit in a clear headed state, the more you will learn when you enter the void, and the less confused you will be imo. Perhaps this is a calling for self discovery. Maybe its time for you to find out who you really are. Who you were before thoughts, images, names, before you learned that a tree was called a tree, and a sky called a sky. Basically its remembering what it was like when you were free.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Invisiblejoemolloy
DMT is Bullshit

Re: Your thoughts on this experience? [Re: zZZz]
    #15022841 - 09/03/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sincere, ZzzZ, I understand you.  too much right now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale