Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Post deleted by Anno
    #1502219 - 04/28/03 10:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: ]
    #1502580 - 04/28/03 11:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I read that book and it changed my life too. I always wanted to stick my finger up to society in terms of pressures to conform re doing a conventional 9-5 job, earning lots of money, buying a house etc, but I always had difficulty. This book gave me the courage to do what I really wanted to do and be an artist and only work part time. One of it's messages is "Make a life not a living" for spiritual happiness. :smile: It's a spiritual rather than religious book but it's mine and my partner's bible of sorts. Everyone in my partner's social circle and most of my social circle have read it.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: ]
    #1502835 - 04/29/03 01:18 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i just finished reading the 3rd(not sure if it's a trilogy or not, there may have been one or 2 after it). It's a lot like the Castened series, imo, whether or not you take it as being true and/or divinely inspired it has some excellent philosophies about life and living in the moment, in the light as it were. You might also enjoy "The Power of NOW" by Echart Tolle as well which is all about living in the eternal moment. The CWG book i read dealt mainly with mankind's 10 most common illusions, and even sheds some light on how repressive/negative doctrinal ideas like judgement; hell, eternal damnation may have originated. As someone who as totally mind fucked by being raised Catholic i especially found this aspect of the book to be particularly enlightening :smile:   

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Invisibletak_old
Endo Smoke

Loc: State of confusion
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: FreakQlibrium]
    #1526369 - 05/07/03 01:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

To all those lazy people out there saying maybe sometime, the time is now. These books will change you for the best, and once you get past the first couple pages it will go frrom a burden into a blessing. You wont be able to put them down.

OfflineJazzMatazz
addict

Loc: Vienna, Austria
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: tak_old]
    #1527776 - 05/07/03 03:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"The book will change your life".... Sound not at all convincing , could you explain why please. Besides, why should I read it if I am an atheist? As I assume from the titel god is at least a central figure in the book, right?

--------------------
Perception is limited to consciousness.Expand it and unfold other realities.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: JazzMatazz]
    #1528437 - 05/07/03 08:14 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Take it for what it is - A philosophical book with some abstract but very profound views on life. It is a very good read and at the very least will open your eyes up to a lot in the world.

OfflineEdge
I like plants

Loc: Machu Pichu
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: GringoLoco]
    #1528578 - 05/07/03 09:01 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

i guess this would be an acceptable time to recommend my "bible". It is titled "The Celestine Prophecy". you can find it in many book stores. it is a book that shows life in another life and i HIGHLY recommend it if you are interested in learning about energy, what its effect on life is, intuition, and the spirit world. it teaches how to grow, but how to grow in your own way and not through a culturally accepted and established religion. again its name is "The Celestine Prophecy". it turned me around from an incredably depressed person who was always sad to a very happy and content person loving life. i still have my ups and downs, but without this book i wouldnt have ever gotten back up again. it fixed me in the length of summertime. if you have any questions about it send me a message. also there are books that come after it called "The Celestine Vision", "The Celestine Prophecy, an Experential Guide", and two others but the names have slipped my mind... look up the author, James Redfield and you will find his books.

--------------------
Check Out My "A Report w/ pics and links--FAE, RH, Casings, Cakes, Polyfil, And A Simple Setup And More!"

"For every action there is a reaction; and a Paykie reaction, is quite a fuckin thing"
--Turkish of Snatch

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #1555273 - 05/17/03 01:01 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Freak! How've ya been? Today marks the end of my "Great Western Canadian Internet Hiatus." I got back from my little mountain village last week.

I've got that "Power of Now" of cassette upstairs, haven't listened to it yet. I've just today become absorbed in "Seven Habits of Highly Effective People" by Stephen R. Covey (it's already changing me and I'm only on the first one).

Since we're on the topic of life-changing books, I'd like to recommend a few:

The Four Agreements - Don Miguel Ruiz

Don't Sweat the Small Stuff - Richard Carlson

Wherever You Go, There You Are - Jon Kabat Zinn (holy crap I've recommended this book three times today)

These books totally changed the world for me, especially the last one. I recommend them all highly, especially for those who find life troubling.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: ]
    #1555509 - 05/17/03 02:50 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

OfflineSBTlauien
Stranger

Post deleted by Administrator [Re: SBTlauien]
    #1555521 - 05/17/03 02:55 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleFreakQlibrium
Son of Uncle Meat
Male User Gallery

Loc: Toronto Canada
Re: Something I'd like to share with you all [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #1556541 - 05/17/03 06:48 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Welcome back man!  Last thing i remember is that you were going to BC and the land of  hot tubs and college age baybes, so tell me, what exactly IS hell like :grin:

Seriously though, welcome back, i look forward to reading your posts :smile: 

--------------------
"Being crazier than a shithouse rat is not sufficient grounds for banishment"

Edited by FreakQlibrium (05/17/03 07:00 PM)

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #1556580 - 05/17/03 07:19 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Well there were lots of hot tubs, but saddeningly few women. It seemed like Panorama's population was about 75% male (*shudder*). There were probably about three resident females that were worth looking at. A lot of guests (I lived on a ski resort) brought their jailbait daughters though. Now that I'm back in the prairies I can't believe how many hot girlies there are here.

I'm about three hundred times better at snowboarding now though. Even if there were no women, I derived a level of satisfaction while powder riding that I would describe as almost sexual. When it snows 20 centimetres, it's like 4000 vertical feet of orgasm. Almost.

Glad yall didn't leave while I was gone! I was worried. Good to see ya.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being