Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

My first walk around the yard!
    #1502085 - 04/28/03 10:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well I am a super newbie mushroom hunter and this is my frist time so I just decided to walk around my acreage and see what I could find! I found 2 different types of mushrooms. For backround info I live in the pacific northwest (washington) around redmond/bellvue. I found the first set of mushrooms in my lawn under a tree and the other set I found in the forest under some leaves and dirt. I am taking spore prints right now I dont really know how but I just put the cap on a peice of tinfoil and its sitting there right now if I need get those to identify these I will, but I am pretty sure they are not "active" mushrooms. Too bad =[ I will keep looking though! Here is a pic of the 2nd mushroom. I can only upload this one pic becuase I dont have anywhere to host pictures =[

If anyone has a place I can load more pictures let me know I would greatly appreciate a host =D

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: My first walk around the yard! [Re: whole9]
    #1502461 - 04/28/03 11:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

anyone? lol

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #1502498 - 04/28/03 11:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Please read the sticky thread at the top of the forum and write us a description of the mushroom - at least the bits we can't see in the photo. The spore print is important, too.

Let us know.

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: My first walk around the yard! [Re: ToxicMan]
    #1502926 - 04/29/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

you should be able to upload more than that one tiny picture in one day. did you post other pics somewhere else today? just wondering. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: My first walk around the yard! [Re: blaze2]
    #1503018 - 04/29/03 02:29 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well i threw away the cap =[ there are more mushrooms around the area I can go get some tommorow if it is neccessary but from what you can see do you have any idea of what it may be?

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
    #1503299 - 04/29/03 05:01 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

well its hard to identify mushrooms when they are young like that alot of them look alike. also im in no way an expert on general mushroom ids. i know some of the edibles and most of the actives. but someone else more knowedgeable will probrobly give you a guess. you probly wont get more than that tho with what info youve givin us. read the top two threads use the guidlines to give info it helps. good luck in further hunts all i will tell you that the only active that is fruiting in numbers in your area is p. stuntzii look in well fertilized lawns. peace

balze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification