Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think so.. [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1501137 - 04/28/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

its because all the US troops were too busy guarding the oil fields.

Funny thing is, if they hadn't guarded the oil fields and they were torched, I suspect you'd bitch that the fields should have been guarded instead of the museums.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think so.. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1501142 - 04/28/03 03:30 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

You don't find it even a little suspicious that the only building that WAS being guarded was the ministry of oil?...

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think so.. [Re: Rono]
    #1501150 - 04/28/03 03:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No I don't as it was stated before the troops went in that the oil infrastructure was going to be looked out for. The Ministry happens to be a part of that.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think so.. [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1501161 - 04/28/03 03:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Even after saying that you think that it's not "All about the oil"...

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1501186 - 04/28/03 03:46 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck ancient antiquities from the cradle of civilization....
Anyone hear of the US soldiers caught looting from a museaum? (sorry, lost source)

Oil is only the fringe benefit.

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1501188 - 04/28/03 03:48 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

It's funny to watch people turn tail and run from this here because they've been played the fool. Oh well. You've got to have big brass ones to play in this forum. There needs to be some sort of warning "Your cajones must be this big to ride".

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501203 - 04/28/03 03:51 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Hey Spacely, see if you can find a post from me where I say oil is NOT a factor.

I have said that oil is, it's just not a major one.

Take off your "I hate Bush" pin for a second and give this more than a "Canadian" second worth of thought. What sources of revenue do the Iraqis have other than oil that can feed the people there? Should we have allowed the fields to be torched depriving the Iraqis of income? Should we have allowed the fields to be torched which would cause enviromental damage?

Saddam torched the fields in Kuwait the last time. Had we let that happen again you'd probably be one of the first to bitch about that. Bush stated in advance of the first soldier stepping across the border that one of the things we would do would be to protect the oil infrastructure. We did so.

Is the Ministry not a part of the oil infrastructure?

How does that make it "all aboot oil?'

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1501205 - 04/28/03 03:52 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well who seriously would think that the US would go over there to oust saddam out of the goodness of thier hearts?

Iraq shall pay for thier liberation for the next ten years out of oil money. Meanwhile american companies can well establish themselves there, so that once the bill is "paid", the puppet government can continue business as usual...

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1501223 - 04/28/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Well some folks are just product of the America propoganda machine. They believe anything and everything they see on the nightly news. So it goes. Folks like that don't usually last long in here.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1501253 - 04/28/03 04:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I have said that oil is, it's just not a major one.

Quote:

What sources of revenue do the Iraqis have other than oil that can feed the people there? 

I see...so Oil is their only source of income and is the only thing worth protecting in Iraq yet it is not a major factor for the U.S. being there... :confused:  Oh wait..it must have been for the WMD's (and we all know how many of those have turned up thus far)

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501275 - 04/28/03 04:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Lame Rono, but not unexpected.

Were either of my statements inaccurate?

And where did I say it was the only thing worth protecting?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1501279 - 04/28/03 04:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

What sources of revenue do the Iraqis have other than oil that can feed the people there

My apologies if I misread that...but it would seem that the U.S. felt that the Oil was the only thing worth preserving.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/28/03 04:11 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501290 - 04/28/03 04:10 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Are you using that as an example of an inaccurate statement? If so, what other major sources of income do they have?

--------------------

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1501472 - 04/28/03 05:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Funny thing is, if they hadn't guarded the oil fields and they were torched, I suspect you'd bitch that the fields should have been guarded instead of the museums.

Oh haha that is a funny thing! thanks for pointing that out!!!
what a funny thing!

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: Op:Iraqi Freedom as a push for oil money? I don't think so.. [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1501487 - 04/28/03 05:08 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Apparently accurate though.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1501497 - 04/28/03 05:12 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

No...I was responding to "And where did I say it was the only thing worth protecting?"...to which it would seem you answered yourself previously by saying "What sources of revenue do the Iraqis have other than oil that can feed the people there ". I took that to mean that oil was the only thing worth protecting in Iraq...would that be innaccurate?

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1501520 - 04/28/03 05:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No, that would never happen because I would never be naive enough to think that they would leave the oil fields open in the first place...even you should know that I would never say that, considering I'm the one that has been saying it's all about the oil from the start. You're grasping...

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/28/03 05:28 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501562 - 04/28/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

No...I was responding to "And where did I say it was the only thing worth protecting?"...to which it would seem you answered yourself previously by saying "What sources of revenue do the Iraqis have other than oil that can feed the people there ". I took that to mean that oil was the only thing worth protecting in Iraq...would that be innaccurate?

Yes it is inaccurate. Hence the question mark at the end of my question.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501569 - 04/28/03 05:32 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

No, that would never happen because I would never be naive enough to think that they would leave the oil fields open in the first place...even you should know that I would never say that, considering I'm the one that has been saying it's all about the oil from the start. You're grasping...

Wrong again Bucko. The only grasping was here..... "it's ALL aboot the oil.

--------------------

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

#1501580 - 04/28/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

And I stand by that...Oil is the MAIN reason..anything else is secondary...But it doesn't matter really, since no matter how many times you are shown that it's all about the oil, unless Dubya admits it himself you won't believe it.

--------------------

Edited by Rono (04/28/03 05:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder