Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: millzy]
    #15014292 - 09/01/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

if white people had built in weaponry and were bred for warfare, i'd probably consider them dangerous than other people.

--------------------
I'm up to my ears in unwritten words. - J.D. Salinger

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
    #15014295 - 09/01/11 08:57 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Any large breed dog will fuck your shit up if they bite you.  A golden retriever can fuck your shit up if it wanted to.

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: Maverick]
    #15014299 - 09/01/11 08:58 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Maverick said:
Any large breed dog will fuck your shit up if they bite you.  A golden retriever can fuck your shit up if it wanted to.

of course, but why do you think the police use german shepards instead of golden retrievers for their k9 units?

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: millzy] * 2
    #15014305 - 09/01/11 08:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

because suspects while being chased would just throw a frisbee at it?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineLloydChristmas
getting lost on purpose
Male User Gallery

Loc: atx Flag
Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: wallthepaint]
    #15014322 - 09/01/11 09:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

My dog was attacked unprovoked by a rottweiler two months ago.  I'm pretty sure the mid 20's female nurse walking it wasn't raising it to be a killer. 

Ripped the skin open and muscle was visible, my dog didn't even try to fight back.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15014329 - 09/01/11 09:03 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

Maverick said:

of course, but why do you think the police use german shepards instead of golden retrievers for their k9 units?

Why do you think they use german shepards instead of pitbulls?  :tard:

Invisiblemillzy
Male

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #15014337 - 09/01/11 09:04 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
because suspects while being chased would just throw a frisbee at it?

:brilliant:

--------------------

Invisiblemillzy
Male

#15014353 - 09/01/11 09:06 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Maverick said:
Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

Maverick said:

Why do you think they use german shepards instead of pitbulls?  :tard:

probably because they're faster, probably easier to train and control, and a bunch of other reasons i don't know about.

this argument is dumb. cool if you want to own a dog like that. i'm bowing out and going to bed.

--------------------

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #15014371 - 09/01/11 09:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Millsy, partially right.  Except that pitbulls are generally very easy to control (unless you're recieving one that's been severely mistreated most of its life, abused and neglected, in which case your stereotype of uncontrollable dog might come in play).  Larger dogs take dominance, and shepards will definitely take that place if you aren't going to control it, while pitbulls tend to love attention and need nurturing from their human counterparts (when raised properly).  Different traits in each dog, however you can still raise a shepard to be very mellow and tame, but you need to be very assertive and strict with it, they have shittons of energy.

And referring to pitbulls as "a dog like that", you're acting like they're specifically a bad breed of dog that's aggressive no matter what, a waiting timebomb, and that is just utter crap.

Just curious, ever owned a dog?  Ever owned a pitbull?

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
    #15014678 - 09/01/11 10:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

prey drive: the instinctive inclination of a carnivore to pursue and capture prey. this is the instinct that makes a dog dangerous.

in all predators the prey drive follows an inevitable sequence: the search, the eye-stalk, the chase, the grab bite, and the kill bite. different breeds have this instinct (or specific aspects of it) to various degrees, depending on the breeds traditional purpose.

examples:

the search aspect is highly developed in bloodhounds and other detection breeds.
the eye-stalk aspect is highly developed in collies and other herding breeds.
the chase aspect is highly developed in greyhounds and other racing breeds.
the grab-bite and kill-bite are highly developed in bull and terrier breeds.

there are also examples of certain aspects bred out, depending on the breeds intended us. examples:

retriever breeds chase down prey and return it to their human master, but refrain from biting and damaging it.
herding dogs chase and stalk prey, but have greatly inhibited grab-bite and kill-bite aspects.
bull breeds have an amplified grab-bite aspect in their use as bait dogs, but a vastly reduced stalking instinct.

it's nonsense to ignore the traits that each breed has been specifically bred for. yes, a well trained dog will always be exactly that--but fact is most people are horrible dog owners and have essentially untrained dogs. knowing that, it is wise to understand the traits of the breed you are dealing with, not pretend they don't exist.

that being said, it could be claimed that whatever breeds have the strongest prey drive (the total cycle) would be the most dangerous dog breeds. what type of breeds would we be talking about then? many sled dogs, like the canadian eskimo dog, have traditionally be left to their own devices and hunted for their own food as a pack when not pulling the sled--leading to a stronger prey instinct than most dogs still exhibit.

but then, even a husky can still make a great family dog.

--------------------

Offlinewallthepaint

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: 4runner]
    #15014685 - 09/01/11 10:12 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anunnakian said:
Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

BothHands said:
Rottweilers are just as feared as pits, and could probably do more damage if they wanted to.

i'm just going off of what i know. i'm not an expert by any means, but i know pits' jaws have been bred to lock when they clamp down,

That's a myth.
The jaw does not lock, it just has a huge amount of power in the jaws.

Wrong, they have a lower PSI bite force than a shepherd, rottweiler, The Kangal dog has the highest PSI of bite

Offlinewallthepaint

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: shivas.wisdom]
    #15014759 - 09/01/11 10:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

millzy said:
Quote:

Maverick said:

Weather they think so or not, because of the way they look. They as well as Malinois, they're the top dog breed bred for high prey/fight drive, a lot of police, PP, bite sport(Mondio Ring, Schuthzhund)....they're the top dog used.
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
prey drive: the instinctive inclination of a carnivore to pursue and capture prey. this is the instinct that makes a dog dangerous.

in all predators the prey drive follows an inevitable sequence: the search, the eye-stalk, the chase, the grab bite, and the kill bite. different breeds have this instinct (or specific aspects of it) to various degrees, depending on the breeds traditional purpose.

examples:

the search aspect is highly developed in bloodhounds and other detection breeds.
the eye-stalk aspect is highly developed in collies and other herding breeds.
the chase aspect is highly developed in greyhounds and other racing breeds.
the grab-bite and kill-bite are highly developed in bull and terrier breeds.

there are also examples of certain aspects bred out, depending on the breeds intended us. examples:

retriever breeds chase down prey and return it to their human master, but refrain from biting and damaging it.
herding dogs chase and stalk prey, but have greatly inhibited grab-bite and kill-bite aspects.
bull breeds have an amplified grab-bite aspect in their use as bait dogs, but a vastly reduced stalking instinct.

it's nonsense to ignore the traits that each breed has been specifically bred for. yes, a well trained dog will always be exactly that--but fact is most people are horrible dog owners and have essentially untrained dogs. knowing that, it is wise to understand the traits of the breed you are dealing with, not pretend they don't exist.

that being said, it could be claimed that whatever breeds have the strongest prey drive (the total cycle) would be the most dangerous dog breeds. what type of breeds would we be talking about then? many sled dogs, like the canadian eskimo dog, have traditionally be left to their own devices and hunted for their own food as a pack when not pulling the sled--leading to a stronger prey instinct than most dogs still exhibit.

but then, even a husky can still make a great family dog.

It's funny, all the examples directly signify that they're physically able to, so they do. It has shit to do with evolution bullshit.

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: wallthepaint] * 1
    #15014852 - 09/01/11 10:43 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wallthepaint said:
It's funny, all the examples directly signify that they're physically able to, so they do. It has shit to do with evolution bullshit.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

--------------------

Invisiblemillzy
Male

#15016092 - 09/02/11 05:16 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

once again, i have friends with pits and i like them. i have one friend who's been working with a shelter with pits for years now. i'm just stating the obvious fact that some breeds carry more of a risk in ownership than others, and that risk has nothing to do with how they are raised.

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: Mad_Larkin]
    #15016403 - 09/02/11 08:04 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Some breeds are definitely more aggresive than others... and the one's that are tend to be more physically powerful too. They have been bread that way.

Not exactly.  Those ignorant, shaking, trembling Chihuahuas are the most aggressive dog out there, but they're not too physically powerful.

I've had five rottweilers over the years, but only one was aggressive when it wasn't called for, so I had to shoot him. I also didn't raise that dog from a puppy, someone else did.

It's more about the owner and the training than the 'dangerous breed' of dog, although some are just too stupid to be trained.

Outlawing certain breeds of dog because some are violent is like outlawing guns because some are used for violence.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
    #15016505 - 09/02/11 08:43 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

wallthepaint said:
Wrong, they have a lower PSI bite force than a shepherd, rottweiler, The Kangal dog has the highest PSI of bite

:themoreyouknow: :thumbup:

Offlinewallthepaint

#15016601 - 09/02/11 09:19 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Quote:

Mad_Larkin said:
Some breeds are definitely more aggresive than others... and the one's that are tend to be more physically powerful too. They have been bread that way.

Not exactly.  Those ignorant, shaking, trembling Chihuahuas are the most aggressive dog out there, but they're not too physically powerful.

I've had five rottweilers over the years, but only one was aggressive when it wasn't called for, so I had to shoot him. I also didn't raise that dog from a puppy, someone else did.

It's more about the owner and the training than the 'dangerous breed' of dog, although some are just too stupid to be trained.

Outlawing certain breeds of dog because some are violent is like outlawing guns because some are used for violence.
RR

Agreed, you never know what that dogs been through before, I'd first try the say if I tried to put my hand in it's food and it was aggressive, I'd take its food away, start by feeding it through my hand, than by slowly putting my hand in its food bowl while it eats, desensitizing it. If those don't work, physical FUCK YOU's would be administered if it was outright provoking out of the blue trying to attack me, if it didn't work in the future, the dog would be put down.
Quote:

shivas.wisdom said:
Quote:

wallthepaint said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

I mean that because the of how the dog physically looks, as a large factor is how the dog will act & what the owner puts into the dog(the rest is nature/instinct, just because a dog was bred for so many years to be aggressive doesn't mean at all the dog will offspring at all will turn out that way. I believe it has 100% to do with environment and how the dog looks/what the owner puts in because of how the dog looks.), I could be wrong, but I strongly believe this.

InvisibleDieCommie

#15016660 - 09/02/11 09:34 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

just because a dog was bred for so many years to be aggressive doesn't mean at all the dog will offspring at all will turn out that way.

So you dont believe in evolution or what?  Do you believe that traits are a function of genes?

Offlinewallthepaint

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: DieCommie]
    #15016673 - 09/02/11 09:36 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

DieCommie said:
Quote:

just because a dog was bred for so many years to be aggressive doesn't mean at all the dog will offspring at all will turn out that way.

So you dont believe in evolution or what?  Do you believe that traits are a function of genes?

No, I don't. It's strictly environment. Physically I mean. I don't think mentally.

Edited by wallthepaint (09/02/11 09:43 AM)

Offlineuser1837483975
Male

Re: What's Your Views on "Dangerous Dogs"? [Re: 4runner] * 1
    #15016683 - 09/02/11 09:39 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I used to have a rottweiler. She was the gentlest, most friendly and loyal dog.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale