Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepoisonivy
Waiting...!
Female User Gallery

How much backup MS should I save?
    #15006409 - 08/31/11 02:25 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So, I have 10cc and plenty of jars. I don't have any backup. So the question is, how many jars should I innoc? I'm thinking 6, so that I have 4cc extra if all my jars fail. I'd rather do 8 but I'm worried that the extra 2cc might not be enough left over, what do you think? My ultimate goal would be to do 8 perfect jars (lol) and not do another grow for about 2 to 3 years. I've been reading around here for a few weeks and I know some of you will mention LC so that I can do as many jars as I want. This would be great but I want to get my fruits before the nice weather is gone and I'm thinking my first couple attempts at LC might fail, since I'm a total n00b. :wink: Oh, BTW I'm doing PF tek BRF cakes in 1/2 pint wide mouth jars.

Mods feel free to delete my noob question after I get some opinions, I know it's kind of a waste of space!

Thanks everyone, this forum has been such a great resource already and I haven't even started yet!

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Re: How much backup MS should I save? [Re: poisonivy]
    #15006427 - 08/31/11 02:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly I have Inoculated jars with just a few drop's per each hole. As long as your sterilization procedure is good then you have good chances at no contams. Providing you followed the BRF Tek to the letter. I've used a single Syringe to inoculate 17 1/2 pints, at once without a single contam. As long as you have one jar you can make prints. A print can make multiple syringes. So all in all its all based off of your confidence and how well you followed the Teks.

--------------------

Offlinepoisonivy
Waiting...!
Female User Gallery

Re: How much backup MS should I save? [Re: DynGBreeD]
    #15006457 - 08/31/11 02:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Did your 17 jars take a lot longer to colonize? I got a supposedly "Fast colonizing strain" because I really want it fast. I know, lame...I don't plan on cutting any corners because I'm impatient, but I haven't tripped in 6 years so I want the first one to be in my favorite weather. :heart: I do have experience with sterile technique but I know stuff still happens to the best growers!

InvisibleDynGBreeD
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Re: How much backup MS should I save? [Re: poisonivy]
    #15006495 - 08/31/11 02:40 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

True. As long as you shake the shit out of your Syringe and evenly disperse the spores, IMO it doesn't colonize any slower. Some say the more spores the faster the colonization. And then others say to many spores then they have to compete with each other. :shrug: Now is any of that based on hard facts, only a few really know and they would be Trusted Cultivators. Using MS Syringes is really a crap shoot. You could use the minimium and get better results or more solution and get less results. Or vise versa. It all depends on the Spores. Which is why many use Agar and LC's instead of MS. It may be a Fast Colonizing strain... But the spores still need to germinate before the Mycelium can grow. All in all it will still be 3+ weeks before 100% colonization and at least a week at the minimum to let the jars consolidate. There's really no telling. Try both ways. 1cc per jar and then others just a few drops. Either way it will not prove anything, considering its MS. But maybe you will get lucky with one or the other.

--------------------

Offlinepoisonivy
Waiting...!
Female User Gallery

Re: How much backup MS should I save? [Re: DynGBreeD]
    #15008595 - 08/31/11 09:18 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I just noticed I have more than 11cc in the syringe, so I'm gonna go for it and do 8 jars. I'll try putting just a couple drops per hole in the last jar so I end up with about 4cc leftover. Thanks for the advice! They're getting inocculated in the morning :laugh:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, 10cc Syringe, Agar, Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation