Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: The Election [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1500748 - 04/28/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I don?t understand how you people can support Bush.

Are you accusing me of supporting Bush? I did not vote for the man, I did not think he would make a good president and I have greater negative feelings about him now than I did at the time of the election. However, I am not blinded to the facts of the case by my political preferences.

Quote:

This President is the choice of the corporations, not the people...

Which corporations? Do you have any statistics or facts to back this up? Did you know that in the U.S., the Electoral College decides who will be president. Is the Electoral College ?the corporations?? Regardless, corporations are owned by the people, ever heard of ?stock??

I suggest that you read the Constitution, learn about the Electoral college, and try to understand the meaning of the term, ?rule of law.? Because these are what came into play in the Supreme Court?s decision and the results of the election.

Quote:

... and if you think it?s otherwise you?re just loving Big Brother.

Wow, that?s brilliant.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Edited by Evolving (04/28/03 01:36 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: The Election [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1500749 - 04/28/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Thats the funny part!....you yanks are prolly gonna elect bush boy for round two, he seems very popular, and he better than "the alternatives".... :grin:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The Election [Re: OOOO]
    #1500999 - 04/28/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Bush didn't steal the election. He won legitimately, but... the election showed that the whole electoral college system is flawed. Gore won the popular vote. THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE was ignored in favor of an antiquated system. The sad fact is, if you live in a state with a large population, you are being UNDERREPRESENTED in the electoral process. I doubt there will be any reform because the good ole boys in Middle America will never give it up. They got it good.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: The Election [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1501012 - 04/28/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The system exists for a reason. Once again I will point out that we are not a democracy.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: The Election [Re: z@z.com]
    #1501107 - 04/28/03 03:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

no we are not.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

#1501111 - 04/28/03 03:20 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Once again I will point out that we are not a democracy. 

Why?! i got ya the first five times... :tongue:

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1501329 - 04/28/03 04:18 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

True, but we are a Republic based on democratic principles. Anyway, I admit that Bush didn't exactly "steal" this election, and that Gore's hands aren't exactly completely clean in this matter either. The whole election was shady at best. Not that this was the first shady election. After all, entire graveyards showed up to the polls in 1960 to vote for Kennedy.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Election [Re: silversoul7]
    #1501342 - 04/28/03 04:21 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

True, but we are a Republic based on democratic principles. Anyway, I admit that Bush didn't exactly "steal" this election, and that Gore's hands aren't exactly completely clean in this matter either. The whole election was shady at best. Not that this was the first shady election. After all, entire graveyards showed up to the polls in 1960 to vote for Kennedy.

Wow. I'm impressed.

First... you finally spoke the truth re Bush vs Gore.

Second you pointed out shady democratic election tricks.

Now was that really all that hard?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Re: The Election [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1501349 - 04/28/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Now if we can only get the Right Wingers to admit fault we'll all have found some common ground... :wink:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1501350 - 04/28/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Not at all. I believe in fairness.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1501355 - 04/28/03 04:23 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The one lingering that REALLY bothers me about this, is now every fucking election, the loser is going to sue everyone in sight. It already happened with the congressional elections...Hell, both sides had their lawsuits lined up and ready to go, before they even lost. This makes me sick...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The Election [Re: Rono]
    #1501363 - 04/28/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Now if we can only get the Right Wingers to admit fault we'll all have found some common ground... :wink: 

Other than fadedpinkwings and possibly JohnnyRespect, I think most of the conservative leaning folks here do.... when proved wrong. Fortunately for us, it rarely happens.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #1501375 - 04/28/03 04:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I agree...the times you right wingers admit you are wrong is pretty rare... :grin:

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The Election [Re: Rono]
    #1501379 - 04/28/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Yes, I agree...the times you right wingers admit you are wrong is pretty rare... :grin: 

Then it's fortunate for us we rarely are.

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1501386 - 04/28/03 04:33 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Then it's fortunate for us we rarely are. 

/me struggles to hold in laughter.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: The Election [Re: silversoul7]
    #1501395 - 04/28/03 04:36 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

The best way to stifle laughter is to put a plastic bag over your head and count to 20,000 by ones.

Let us know how it works out for you.

:grin:

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: The Election [Re: SlapnutRob]
    #1501725 - 04/28/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I'm still waiting for one of you're off target facts. Feel free to post one at any time.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: The Election [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1505299 - 04/29/03 04:56 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Re: The Election [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1505301 - 04/29/03 04:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Butterflies taste with their feet.

--------------------

Lest we forget. "

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: The Election [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1505341 - 04/29/03 05:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Panda's are closer in relation to racoons than bears

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder