Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepud
Stranger
How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer)
    #1500381 - 04/28/03 12:16 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Beleive it or not drug laws make drugs much more dangerious.Drugs could still be a danger if legal but only for certian indivisuals who will kill themselves doing something stupid anyway drugs or not.A common danger I see day 2 day is people from suburban areas young & old going into the worst ghettos in search drugs.These people may go there for a nickel bag of weed and wind up with a bag of herion or coke because there was no weed or so the dealer said.They may even get the shit beat out of them by someone from the ghetto for money in search of drugs or worse yet killed,raped etc...Drug laws also cause crime of all sorts they ruin lives too.
If people grew their own weed & mushrooms,opium etc for their own use there is no real problem with that if they sell it that is a different story (who knows what they grew it with could be something toxic).This action would cut out major crime operations and lower murders as well as other crimes as a result.It would also keep are kids/others away from these evil dangerious ghettos.If we do not work together we will never achive a thing take the failing war on drugs for example.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: pud]
    #1500387 - 04/28/03 12:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think that some of your assertions are wrong, and this is the wrong forum.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlinefleshofgods
SpiritualVisionary
Loc: In a daze . . .
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: z@z.com]
    #1500436 - 04/28/03 12:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Well I dont live in a big city so there are no real "ghettos" around here but I do know this. Nobody is going to risk their life going into a very bad part of town for a nickle bag of weed. Furthermore no big drug dealer is going to sell a nickle bag. They will work in large quantities and then distrubute to distrubuters who go to neighborhoods like mine and sell to people like my neighbors.

If people could legally grow their own drugs such as weed and shrooms they would be even MORE inclined to sell the drugs because not everyone is going to grow the drugs and take the time and the money to care for them. Those people that dont grow will buy from the growers. Sure prices may go down but there will still be crime and murders. Humans are stupid and of course will find something else to fight and kill over other than drugs. There is always money. You cant grow money.

--------------------
Holler!

Edited by fleshofgods (04/28/03 12:39 PM)

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1500760 - 04/28/03 03:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

I think that some of your assertions are wrong, and this is the wrong forum.

How is this the wrong forum?!

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1500796 - 04/28/03 03:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It was in mushroom cultivation. Here

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (04/28/03 03:41 PM)

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: fleshofgods]
    #1501410 - 04/28/03 06:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Uh - this is the voice of experience speaking (fortunately from a past life). Many dealers, particularly in poor inner city areas, work from their own neighborhoods. These people aren't the steroetypical gold chain-wearing, rap-music blasting, mercedes-driving dealers - they're junkies just like the buyers, scrounging away to cop that extra hit or two themselves (and no, I'm not talking about weed). Sad, but so.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

#1501429 - 04/28/03 06:50 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

First - your notion of people going into the hood to buy weed and coming out with crack or smack is pure rubbish. It just doesn't happen that way.

As for the rest of your post, to a certain extent I agree with you. You can partially fix the war on drugs by making plants and fungi legal. As Mckenna says, "...by declaring nature to be legitimate". Unfortunatly, you've still got a large number of people that want more - they want synthesized and extracted materials to also be legal (i.e. coke, smack, meth). I don't see how that would ever work. Those substances are mind-shrinking, highly addictive and debilitating to the point where they prevent most people from leading productive lifestyles. I'm sure there's some of you out there who can handle that shit, but i certainly can't and i don't think your average citizen can either.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Edited by jimsuzo (04/28/03 07:04 PM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1501560 - 04/28/03 07:30 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

First of all I refuse to touch the hard shit. I did MDMA once, but I won't ever do it again.
The thing is these drugs are readily available to those who want them whether they are legal or not. Making them legal does not make it ok to use them. It simply removes the criminal consequences. Don't you think these drugs would be safer if they were regulated? We need to legalize everything. Good and bad.

--------------------

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1501609 - 04/28/03 07:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Beleive it or not drug laws make drugs much more dangerious

no shit enstein.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1501624 - 04/28/03 07:44 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

a good movie that deals with the drug war is spike lee's 25th hour

cheeeeeck it out.......its more about american society in general, but good none the less

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Offlinepud
Stranger
    #1501964 - 04/28/03 09:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

True people would still sell drugs but they could be caught and aressted for doing so.By legally being able to grow at home they never have to leave the house.If they come out of the house and bring trouble with them then yes they should be aressted because there would really be no reason for it.The police/dea and so on would not lose money but gain some on less violent crimes such as selling the drugs.Since the drugs are easy to grow and find more people would break the law of selling the drugs making up for any loss of profits from legalizing the growing of these drugs at home for personal use.People would also learn about drugs maybee even become less likely to abuse them.Lets face it drugs are everywhere and will always be everywhere people being able to grow will cause them to look at drugs in a different new way it will also fufill the curiosity seekers desire to try something to get high without a dangerious situation.The goverment can make lost money by selling yearly permits for whatever is being grown no permit then the drug law would be as it is today if caught .The permit would only allow the grower to grow if they are caught selling as I mentioned in this message they would be breaking the law the fines for doing this could be doubled becaue there is absolutly no reason for it.The goverment could make even more money by selling separate permits for each item grown.Everyone is happy the goverment is making money and has a list of who is doing what where.Problem people could easily be pinpointed.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1502861 - 04/29/03 01:30 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

You seem to be lost. This is www.shroomery.org, not www.dea.gov

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: zeta]
    #1503711 - 04/29/03 10:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

"Everyone is happy the goverment is making money and has a list of who is doing what where."

Indeed, I'd be tickled pink to have my name on the DEA's list of drug consumers. Suuuuuure....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

#1503905 - 04/29/03 12:05 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Don't you think these drugs would be safer if they were regulated?

Yes.

Quote:

We need to legalize everything. Good and bad.

The reason i don't subscribe to that platform is because it's simply not achievable - ever. One shouldn't set impossible goals. The effort should start small by making plants and other naturally occurring substances legal - kinda the same approach NORML has been attempting for years (albeit unsuccessfully). If that would ever be successful, those that care can take on the issue of serious drugs. Me? - I won't give a shit.

Unfortunately this is all dreamworld, cos it'll never happen in the good old US of A.

--------------------

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
    #1504163 - 04/29/03 01:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

First of all I refuse to touch the hard shit. I did MDMA once, but I won't ever do it again.
The thing is these drugs are readily available to those who want them whether they are legal or not. Making them legal does not make it ok to use them. It simply removes the criminal consequences. Don't you think these drugs would be safer if they were regulated? We need to legalize everything. Good and bad. 

Wow!  for once i totaly and completely agree with you!  Right now drugs are a black market and thus uncontrolled, but by giving out information on all substances people will be able to make educated descisions on which substances they put into thier bodies.  I've tried MDA once, and it was great, but it felt kinda "synthetic" and now i only do drugs that can be extracted from natural sources.

Oh, and i believe you when you said it was in mushroom cultivation.....you dont need to post a link!  :grin:...sheesh! :wink:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Offlineuno
enthusiast

Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1521638 - 05/05/03 01:11 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Wow!  for once i totaly and completely agree with you!  Right now drugs are a black market and thus uncontrolled, but by giving out information on all substances people will be able to make educated descisions on which substances they put into thier bodies.  I've tried MDA once, and it was great, but it felt kinda "synthetic" and now i only do drugs that can be extracted from natural sources.

Oh, and i believe you when you said it was in mushroom cultivation.....you dont need to post a link!  :grin:...sheesh! :wink: 

One day we WILL find the MDMA tree.

--------------------
- uno

OfflineJohnnyRespect
Nomadic Wanderer
Loc: East Coast
Re: How to fix the war on drugs (make it safer) [Re: uno]
    #1522745 - 05/05/03 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If all substances that alter consciousness are legalized and taxed by the government, it would mean that every time you bought some MDMA, you'd know that it's 100% pure MDMA from a reputable lab that knows what htey are doing. You'd also recieve educational materals about drug abuse, and what could possible cause drug interactions if you use MDMa.  Even a Dr's visit pre-roll could tell you if you are going to be OK doing it (heart palpitations are exacerbated by methamphets). The money from taxation could go into funding programs for drug treatment for those that do get addicted and want help, and into education for everyone about what drugs REALLY do (the pros and the cons).  Also, with 60% of our prisons emptied out, we could actually put REAL CRIMINALS in Jail! :smile:

--------------------
As I felt the soft cool mud squish between my toes, I thought, Man, these are not very good shoes!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

General Interest >> Political Discussion