Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode?
    #14973844 - 08/24/11 10:38 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

A couple years ago my girlfriend took LSD for the second time, and tripped with her roommates.  She had just entered college and drugs were pretty new to her.  As a result of some stressful circumstances, she never really came down, and ended up being thrown into a year long psychosis.

She's back to normal now, and seems mentally sound.

Recently, we came across the chance to get some acid, and she's been talking about wanting to try it again.  I'm concerned that this may not be a good idea.  She thinks her psychotic break was caused mostly by the high stress she was under at the time.  Apparently her roommates were being really shitty and she ended up having a pretty bad trip because of them.

While I'm sure the stress had a lot to do with it, I can't doubt that the LSD contributed.

I'd love to trip her, (and she'd love to try it again) but I'm worried about the possible consequences.  Does anyone here have first or second-hand experiences with someone who experienced temporary psychosis and went on to trip normally afterward?  If not, what are your opinions?

Thank you!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetoader123
Male User Gallery

Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #14973901 - 08/24/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Wtf... The answer is: Absolutely NOT!! Please do not let your girlfriend take psychedelics of any kind.

InvisiblePeterPanda209
Who has BitCoins?
Male User Gallery

Loc: •FrEsH CoAsT Flag
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: toader123] * 1
    #14973925 - 08/24/11 10:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Do not give this girl any type of psychedelic or dissociative. That's like saying last year my girlfriend stuck her hand in a saw and lost it, do you think I should let her stick her hand in a saw again?

Anonymous #1

Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: PeterPanda209]
    #14974259 - 08/24/11 11:53 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

This is my line of thought as well.  Thanks guys.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Loc: dancing Flag
    #14974406 - 08/25/11 12:21 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

dude, if she wants to try it again, let her fucking try it...

sometimes people who go through traumatic experiences need to relive the experience in some form to be able to understand what happened and overcome it. definitely don't take the advice of the people willing to give their opinions who've never even experienced anything like this. if she wants to do it you need to let her do it and if you want to be a good friend, be there for her and help ensure she has a positive experience unlike last time :thumbup:

--------------------
i love you

you are beautiful! :rockon:

COME TOGETHER, JOIN THE PARTY!!

"what beith a man if he doth not enjoy cannabis?" :mushroom2:

Invisiblepwnasaurus
Stranger
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: owls]
    #14975190 - 08/25/11 07:38 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I mean maybe if she's REALLY dead set on it, but IMO that sounds like a bad idea.  Nothing is worth fucking up your life for a year.

Invisibleowls
just let go!

Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #14975959 - 08/25/11 11:24 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

if she was still that traumatized you really think she'd be wanting to try it again? you already have your answer :rolleyes:

--------------------
i love you

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
    #14977406 - 08/25/11 04:02 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

owls said:
dude, if she wants to try it again, let her fucking try it...

sometimes people who go through traumatic experiences need to relive the experience in some form to be able to understand what happened and overcome it. definitely don't take the advice of the people willing to give their opinions who've never even experienced anything like this. if she wants to do it you need to let her do it and if you want to be a good friend, be there for her and help ensure she has a positive experience unlike last time :thumbup:

I gotta agree with Owl....If she has the positive mindset for it and shes in a really good setting, She will most likely have good time... But she is still taking a big risk!!!  I have a friend who also suffered from psychosis for at least a year, and he has taken psychedelics since then. Hes had good results... but also bad results!!!

The difference between your friend and my friend is what sparked that bad trip... My friend's bad experience was caused by deep, repressed issues... He shouldn't have been tripping in the first place! You friends experience seems to be caused by shitty people during her last trip... not from some type of traumatic memory shes been holding back all her life.

So if shes willing to take that risk even while knowing that there is a slight chance that she could plunge right back into psychosis, then you should respect her opinion and be there for her.

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Offlinedeador
Stranger
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: danlennon3]
    #15001378 - 08/30/11 11:32 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Personally I would say it's a bad idea but if shes really set on it she can make her own choices. If she is predisposed to mental illness I would definately urge her to stay clear though, but if thats not the case providing set and setting are fine I say go for it but go for a low dose.

InvisibleWorldWideWInton
Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: unknown
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: deador]
    #15001814 - 08/30/11 01:20 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Could it be done? Yes.  Should it be done? NO!

--------------------
My past post are not necessarily reflections of my current opinions.

Anonymous #2

Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: WorldWideWInton]
    #15003269 - 08/30/11 06:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

How's your own level of psychosis, Anon1?

Offlinedeadcat420
Stranger
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: Anonymous #2]
    #15004130 - 08/30/11 09:45 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

yes but make sure the set and setting is better this time and use small dose to begin w/.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Set_and_setting

Edited by deadcat420 (08/30/11 09:46 PM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#15004985 - 08/31/11 02:56 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

If she suffered a YEAR LONG psychosis after her last trip, taking LSD is an ABSOLUTE CONTRAINDICATION.

She may have to be put in a mental institution for years.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Invisiblekoraks
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: Asante]
    #15005176 - 08/31/11 05:07 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
If she suffered a YEAR LONG psychosis after her last trip, taking LSD is an ABSOLUTE CONTRAINDICATION.

This. All the talk about 'reliving the trauma' are complete bullshit. All fair and good for a sane person with no history of psychosis, but if there's one thing that is potentially harmful about psychedelics, then it's their ability to trigger psychosis in individuals who are prone to it.

Sure, it's her own choice. It's also her own choice to jump in front of a fast-moving vehicle. I still wouldn't recommend it.

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: koraks]
    #15005420 - 08/31/11 07:27 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinelasttime
Stranger
    #15006044 - 08/31/11 11:17 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I am in a similar situation. Almost a year and a half ago a large dose of mushrooms caused me to have a psychotic break where I was arrested. however...i actually stopped being psychotic before the effects of the shrooms wore off. now I'm kind of scared that I might go crazy one day but I think I want to trip again...What would you guys do? i'm 100% not psychotic but I do have some residual fear, or like PTSD, of "cracking" again. and sometimes on really strong weed I get kind of paranoid but I can always manage it and calm myself down

Invisibleowls
just let go!

#15012250 - 09/01/11 02:09 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

She may have to be put in a mental institution for years.

not everyone is so tightly strung into reality man. life's just really not that serious. plain and simple

either way i strongly advise OP to go with his gut instinct and listen to his girlfriend. do you really want to live in fear of the unknown forever. she wants to do it man!

--------------------
i love you

Offlinehappymealplease
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #15012290 - 09/01/11 02:23 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Every time I've done ecstasy, I get more depressed than I've ever been in my life for a couple months afterward.  Whenever I don't do ecstasy, I never feel THAT insanely terrible.  I still want to do ecstasy because the peak is a lot of fun, but the end result is terrifying.  So I don't do it anymore, in spite of my impulses.  See what I'm saying?  I think you need to be the pillar for your girlfriend on this matter.  She might kick and scream, but remind her what happened last time.  Maybe the reason she's mentally sound right now is because she hasn't taken a psychedelic in a while so a certain switch in her mind has re-aligned itself.  Sure, general stress, the wrong people and the wrong environment could have done it, but for some people drugs just blow things open that are better left shut.  You know better, and honestly, she does too, she's probably just romanticizing the idea (we all do it).

Yeah, it's a few hours later, but an idea struck me.  If you waited like 30 days or something, could you still get the acid?  Or do you have access to it NOW, and if you don't take advantage it'll be a long time before it happens again?  Because you could just tell her how you're feeling uneasy about it, but if you ARE willing to do it with her say that as well, just that you really want her to think about.  Set a date to revisit the idea, say like two weeks or something, maybe a month, just to see if it's a passing craving or something she really, really wants to do.  I understand the allure of acid but if she her previous experience was a nightmare that put her into a year long episode it should be heavily considered and weighted before going for it.  I honestly can't say I think it's a good idea, but I'm not either of you, so I shouldn't close my mind to it.  Either way, best of luck.

Edited by happymealplease (09/01/11 05:01 PM)

Offlinemikesethnobotany
Man
Male

Loc: Missouri, USA
Re: Can LSD be used safely after a psychotic episode? [Re: happymealplease]
    #15013380 - 09/01/11 05:59 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I dont think she should try it again. History tends to repeat itself, right? Hopefully you care enough about her not to let that happen again. :heart:

OfflineYippie
Happystance
 User Gallery

#15014476 - 09/01/11 09:30 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:

Have to wonder if she was actually suffering from psychosis that long, or at all. @Anonymous #1 - Was this conclusion of a psychiatric disorder from a professional or self-diagnosed? Any chance that she was instead suffering from depersonalization/derealization/anxiety from her traumatic trip?

To answer your original question - no one can be assured of safety when using any drug, it's all calculated risk of mental and/or physical complications. For her, the risk to benefit ratio is not a good bet...

--------------------
"Just living molecule to molecule"

Edited by Yippie (09/01/11 09:37 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies