Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
When are the gun owners gonna use 'em?
    #1499204 - 04/27/03 10:26 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

A well-armed populace is the key to preventing tyranny, correct?

So I ask the gun people, just how far is the government going to have to go before you use your guns?

It seems to me the argument that guns=democracy is weak. All the gun owners would have to unite into a kind of militia. These exist in the USA and somewhat in Canada, but how can you be sure that they aren't going to be tyrannical rulers? I mean, what it going to possibly cause all americans who own a gun to stand up and fight against the government as a united force?

Gun people, give an example of how every American owning a gun is going to save you from losing your rights, and tell me why you haven't started fighting yet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1499215 - 04/27/03 10:29 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If the gun owners were serious about preventing tyranny, they'd put a bullet in John Ashcroft's head.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
    #1499251 - 04/27/03 10:42 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I would use my guns when I believe that our governement is fucked up beyond repair (we are damn close) or when they try and take my guns away. If enough people today stood up and said enough is enough and started a rebellion I might just join them providing that they were fighting for the right reasons.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineOOOO
Stranger
    #1499297 - 04/27/03 10:55 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I think it's more likely that any succesful revolution in the United States would depend not only armed militias, but also rebel military units. An armed populace is still important though. I believe that the populace should be armed.

I'm not quite sure how far the government would have to go before I'd take up arms against it.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: OOOO]
    #1499302 - 04/27/03 10:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

If Bush steals another election, then I'll take up arms.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1499315 - 04/27/03 11:02 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Had he stolen the first one I would have been inclined to take up arms. The thing is that he didn't.

EDIT: Please don't respond to this post. Don't want to derail this thread.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (04/27/03 11:03 PM)

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1499643 - 04/28/03 12:36 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Had he stolen the first one I would have been inclined to take up arms. The thing is that he didn't.

EDIT: Please don't respond to this post. Don't want to derail this thread.

Translation:

Please don't present any information opposing my believe. I have closed my mind on the subject, and am not open to any facts or opinions on the matter.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineRadioActiveSlug
addict

#1499653 - 04/28/03 12:38 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I would only use a gun to defend myself in a life threating situation.

I wish i was strong enough to resist use of violence under any circumstance, but i wouldn't be able to let someone harm my loved ones.

--------------------
"Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one getting burned." -Buddha
www.impeach-bush-now.org

OfflineZahid
Stranger
    #1499689 - 04/28/03 12:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

It's the only way.

--------------------

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
    #1499699 - 04/28/03 12:54 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

McVeigh thought that the right time has come.
Is that what those who own guns to protect themselves from the government have in mind? :smile: 

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
    #1499705 - 04/28/03 12:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Fuck that's so funny. I'd like too see 'em try! That would make the Iraqi amry seem tough by comparison.

I'm starting to understand this phenomenon. It provides an illusionary belief of freedom. People actually believe gun ownership could serve as a vehicle for freedom. Ha!

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #1499719 - 04/28/03 01:06 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

I'm starting to understand this phenomenon. It provides an illusionary belief of freedom.

Good point!

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #1499985 - 04/28/03 03:49 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

He would have had to stolen the last one in order to steal another.

Stop with the blatant lying.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: RadioActiveSlug]
    #1500099 - 04/28/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Translation:

Please don't present any information opposing my believe. I have closed my mind on the subject, and am not open to any facts or opinions on the matter.

Start a new thread and I'll be happy to hear what you have to say. There is no translation necessary I simply said what I meant.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1500102 - 04/28/03 07:26 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i was going to say the same thing but he is just following the party line.

that argument is just a useless as it's all aboot oil.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Offlinejimsuzo
I am the Eggman

Loc: Land of the not-so-free
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1500119 - 04/28/03 07:55 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

[quote} when they try and take my guns away.

word.

Let the record show that I'm fairly well-armed for being the libbie leftie pinko-commie fag some of you have already labeled me as.

--------------------
There are roughly nine galaxies for every person alive on the planet today. Each of these galaxies has a billion suns, give or take the odd hundred million

Edited by jimsuzo (04/28/03 08:05 AM)

OfflineSafeHaven

Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: jimsuzo]
    #1500369 - 04/28/03 10:05 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

There is so much more to it than just about owning a gun, theres a reason why our forefathers placed it in the bill of rights. Through history they learned that a government can be obtrusive on the "PEOPLE". To a point where a revolt is needed and the gov't over thrown or shall we say reset. How does the saying go if we dont learn our history we are destined to repeat it again!

What if in revolutionary times england made it so we didnt have guns, (follow me on this), we would be drinking tea at noon and singing hail to the queen. But of course they didnt and we still had a war and now are our own country.

Strip us all of all of our defensive capabilities and let the Patriot Act kick in more so especially the Part 2 they are talking about getting passed, and when you go into a library and pull a book out on cultivating mushrooms or Hemp, and the next thing you know men in black suits are knocking at your door cause you checked out a book that could lead to terrorism (drugs=terrorism, its been defined as such already). When are you gonna step up and defend yourself?

Have any of seen the Ad council ad, on the kid going into a library says he cant find this book then the lady says "let me see"... "oh this book is no longer available, whats your name?" Kid says "why" then walks away , and then guys in black suits stop the kid. Ad then says FREEDOM and commercial ends.

Alot of our freedoms are already gone, in the name of fighting a war on terrorism,
people are jailed who are American citizens, whether we think they are guilty or not is not the point , they are to have a court trial, just like the constitution says............. Which seems to be the only thing stopping guys in black suits from invading our homes and saying if you dont have anything to hide then "Why you worried"?

How far will you allow it to go before you stand to defend yourself? Hopefully we can go beyond the violence and use the democratic process that this country was founded on and thwart these ignorant ideas, though if they start to widdle away the constitution then what basis can we use to try a non violent approach to ending the ingnorance?

Just a thought with a little bit of tangent

--------------------
As I sit here I ponder greater things.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: SafeHaven]
    #1500439 - 04/28/03 10:44 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

So...Mmm...You all honestly believe that living in America your subjected to tyrannical rule and you want to take up arms against it? Pleeassseeee....

You dont want to pay taxes? Dont come crying to me when you want a low-interest government loan to start your small business, or partial payment to send your child to preschool. You dont enjoy having highways that function smoother than almost any in the world? Having large amounts of food thanks to Farming Subsidaries doesnt trip your trigger? Unless you live in a small hut inside a forest somewhere, dont say the government does nothing for you.

Last I read, the Government still had a hefty rule-book they had to play by, and I postulate that, if you dont break any laws, whether you disagree with them or not, the government will more than likely not fuck with you. Sure, the drug laws in this country are all fucked up, and will probably remain that way for some years to come. But, right or wrong. You KNOW drugs are illegal...Dont use/make/grow/sell them, and you cant be arrested for it, right?

Move to Syria/Saudi Arabia/Russia/Libya/N. Korea/Vietnam/China/Most of Africa/India/Pakistan/Cuba and tell me that the system we have here isnt, while certainly NOT perfect, the best under the stars?

Sure, there are numerous things that I do not agree with. Way too many to list here...But really, could we not be doing 1000X worse? Theres a reason millions of people from all over the world want to get INTO America. Last time I checked, Mexico or Canada didnt have an illegal immigrant from America problem. Eh?

I'm not saying that disagreement is bad! I'm all for protest, vocal or otherwise. But realize, that by exercising your voice to protest, your putting into action one of the freedoms which you say are long gone and dead....So, if you want to take up arms and shoot all the federal employees, and overthrow the government...What exactly are you going to put in as a stand-in? A communal government? It doesnt work with like, 1000 people, and your going to make it work with a whole country?

Just my thoughts....

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OnlineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Zahid]
    #1500884 - 04/28/03 02:03 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

It's the only way.

Yeah, yeah, we know. Your muslim.

It's the only way to:

Open a can of beans.
Change a baby's diaper
Fix a flat tire.
Tithe.
Cure AIDS
Remove warts
Clean your fingernails...

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineSinistar
I Am Sinistar

Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #1501070 - 04/28/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i only have one thing to say***deleted by Rono...user warned***, the truth is, no american has to explain why we still have guns to you. you dont have a say here, like i dont there. lets keep it that way.

--------------------
I Am Sinistar

You Dont Pay A Hooker For Sex, You Pay Them To Leave.

In The City, Where Angels Fear To Hover And Devils Come To Croon, The Sex Of The Night Lets Down Her Black Narcotic Hair To A Yellow Opium Moon.

Edited by Rono (04/28/03 03:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds