Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAldous Huxley
Doin' it for teh lulz

Are you creative when tripping?
    #14997305 - 08/29/11 03:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Calling musicians, artists, poets etc!

Do you find inspiration when tripping on mushrooms? Do you find the creative juices flow more easily? Do you find yourself playing/drawing better?

Feel free to submit some of you work - drawings, poems, music composed etc.

--------------------
:idea:All gods are homemade, and it is we who pull their strings, and so, give them the power to pull ours :idea:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBethsco
Stranger
Female

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Aldous Huxley]
    #14997387 - 08/29/11 03:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Definitely! I find it much easier to let my creativity flow when I'm on shrooms. I can actually complete a drawing without getting sidetracked or losing interest halfway through like usual. :tongue:

Offline0rusnjos
To Phenethylamine and Beyond
Loc: Apart of Joe's Ego
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Bethsco]
    #14997404 - 08/29/11 03:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, usually I am very open when tripping.  I feel like the ideas have a flow to them.  I really enjoy improv jamming while tripping.

--------------------
trip·ping (trpng)
verb.
                                                                  1. to be a sensible man, embodied by a fool, and presently at peace

OfflineDoobalicious
Ride the nightmare!
Male

Loc: New Jersey (or is it...) Flag
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Aldous Huxley] * 1
    #14997420 - 08/29/11 03:39 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I find that a small dose is perfect for me when it comes to writing, creating new tunes, etc etc.  For me it feels like a roadblock has been lifted and I can just start to play/create music in ways that I normally wouldn't when I am limited by my normal consciousness.  I used to get the same effect from smoking herb, but that's a rare occasion anymore if it does open me up more creatively.  I've been a musician for 20 years, (I'm only 25) but I have a lucky ability to be able to play literally any instrument I touch, without music.  It's a sweet advantage but can be a disadvantage at times because I play naturally by ear, but I don't think it matters because I create all of my own material.  But yes, I think that using psychedelics (shrroms,acid for me) in moderation will expand your horizons tremendously.  Just look at Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, etc! They definitely had a lot of help with these substances and, I think that when paired with natural talent there is no limit to the musical genius that can occur!

--------------------
Because in this life we learn
When we play with fire we'll get burned
And the louder that we scream
The less that we'll be heard

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Doobalicious] * 1
    #14997435 - 08/29/11 03:42 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I have a 30 minute mushroom+pot freestyle rap that doesn't make any sense.  I like to listen to it and it cheers me up.  Love mushrooms.  Mushroom love.  For beginners especially.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

Offlinemundane
Comfy in Nautica

Loc: Los Angeles
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Doobalicious]
    #14997440 - 08/29/11 03:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I love writing (words) while tripping.  I make time during every trip to write a bit about it in a trip notebook.  Enjoy writing trip reports while tripping, too.  Just pushing down on the keys feels fun.

--------------------
:mushroom2: Tips for a good trip :mushroom2:

drink me

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: mundane]
    #14997455 - 08/29/11 03:47 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i write like a bawss

especially when tripping.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinesunshine
Sin18DwireWuTang

Loc: higher plane of sex
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: k00laid]
    #14997471 - 08/29/11 03:49 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I like the combination of ginseng and pot for drawing pictures.  Maybe I'll post some art later if I can get ahold of a scanner.

--------------------
One Love True Indeed.  Have Good Trips.  Mike/sunshine's mom.

OfflineDilmurr
Male

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: sunshine]
    #14997923 - 08/29/11 05:22 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I wish I could answer this question for myself because I have been wanting to experiment the creativeness that flows through drawings while tripping. Unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to do so while on any psychedelics.

The most recent psychedelic I have touched is DMT and wasn't quite able to draw in the midst of the experience, however the following days even up until now I have noticed a lot more creativity in my drawings.

Tripping seemed to have brought out a lot of hidden creativity for me, I'm curious how it might be drawing while tripping.

Offlinebackstop
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Dilmurr]
    #14998007 - 08/29/11 05:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm creative on weed.  Not so much on shrooms.

--------------------

Offlinebholzer
quasi-scientist

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: backstop]
    #14998126 - 08/29/11 06:03 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

More than ever. I don't consider myself a terribly artistic person, in terms of art. But when I'm tripping, I can make masterpieces. It's great.

--------------------

Use these substances wisely, they have the ability to cause life altering realizations.

OfflineCynosure
allow me to be your guide.
 User Gallery

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: bholzer]
    #14999197 - 08/29/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Oddly enough, I feel extremely creative (and am, mentally) but can never act on that creativity to summon it to the physical realm.  For instance, when beginning a drawing I can only draw two designs or, when writing, only a line or two of text and then I move onto something else.  I'm not sure whether this is because I'm trying too hard to be creative while I'm loaded or what.

However, the creative thoughts that I do have can easily be scribed once the trip is over (that is, if I remember them).

--------------------
"You can peel it [language] off the ceiling and make it dance in front of you" - McKenna

<3 .

OfflineBillahat
Orbital
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Space
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Cynosure]
    #14999257 - 08/29/11 09:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say yes, but the downside is I'm not in a state of mind that i can't truly remember what was so creative that i thought of. kinda like how some ppl cant remember their dreams.

--------------------
::DEMAPPING & REMAPPING::

Offlineniteowlthethird

Loc: Outer Heaven
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: Billahat]
    #14999386 - 08/29/11 09:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I get super creative on acid. I usually start drawing away but can't tell if its good or not until I sober up. I write as well, but I need to harness my poetry skills as I can only materialize the tip of the iceberg of what is going through my head. I try and play music, but usually just end up playing one note over and over thinking it is amazing hah. Building things is also fun, like a child.

I do get creative on mushrooms, but I'm usually too busy melting into whatever I am touching to use my body to make anything.

I get a few creative nuggets whilst baked, but don't have the motivation or focus to create anything.

--------------------
all change is resistance to suffering

Offlinepurplephilosopher
Philosopher
Female User Gallery

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: niteowlthethird]
    #14999488 - 08/29/11 10:17 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This is actually what I want to try to do on my next trip. I am a painter and craftsperson by trade, but I'm really curious and excited to see what the results will be while tripping. I'm gonna stick to watercolor painting, not stained glass (my professional training) - can't see broken glass and a 700 deg. hot soldering gun as being safe while tripping lol!

So far when I trip, I'm just enjoying the visuals, the sounds, and the love.

--------------------
Knowledge is the beginning of wisdom.

OfflineGolemGolem
Stranger

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: purplephilosopher]
    #14999559 - 08/29/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, making up songs mainly. I play guitar and electronics sober stoned and/or dissasociated, I sing when I'm tripping shrooms/acid. The problem is I don't remember how my tripping songs go when I'm not tripping...but I can recall them when I am tripping. I'm not convinced the songs are coming from me.

Offlinealiensexxx
creature teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: within
Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: GolemGolem]
    #15000143 - 08/30/11 01:48 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

on mushrooms i find myself doing large hand paintings or playing in the basement with my loop pedal..in the dark:psychsplit:

--------------------

"..and we danced, on the brink of an unknown future, to an echo from the vanished past.."

OfflineCaspian021
Stranger

Re: Are you creative when tripping? [Re: aliensexxx]
    #15000197 - 08/30/11 02:28 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I LOVE playing music on both shrooms and acid. Weed does enhance my creativity, but shrooms and acid take it to a whole different level. It's awesome.

Unfortunately the only person I've really tripped with is someone who is fully uninterested with anything creative whatsoever. Music, art, anything. He's not for it. I just realized the root of my bad trips. Huh.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies