Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineBusted
Male User Gallery

Making friends in a new town
    #14993365 - 08/28/11 10:11 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm 20 and I just moved in with my Dad in a new town in North NJ, about 25 minutes away from my old home.  I didn't have many friends in my old town (because the people here fucking suck) and they're not really the hang-out type unless there's pot involved (which I can't smoke for 2 more weeks, gotta stay clean for a drug test).  Anyway, I want to make friends in my new town, but I'm not really sure how.  Really what I'm looking for is entertainment.  All I do all week is work at a cafe 6am-3pm and then fuck around on my computer until I go to sleep, and then repeat the next day and the next and the next until I can afford a car and go back to school.  Not much to really look forward to, and it's killing me, I'm starting to sink into a depression.  Computerized entertainment isn't doing it for me anymore, I need to get out in the world and DO SHIT.

My problem is I don't know how.

This town is exclusive as fuck, everyone knows each other and I'm not in high school so I'm not meeting anyone my age (nor at the cafe, only old people come in for the most part), and there's no public hangouts that I'm aware of apart from the ice cream place in town.  People don't approach strangers here in Jersey, it just doesn't happen.  At least, not in the context where any friendship would develop.  People usually go out in groups and stick with their own cliques.

Anywho, I want to get out and make friends somehow.  There's nothing around here that I can think of that would be some sort of social gathering in which friendships could develop.  No nightclubs within walking distance (I don't have a car), no raves unless I travel to the city, no nothing.

I've also been considering taking a bus to the city one of these weekends and looking for entertainment but I don't even know where to start, where to go, what to do, how to end up meeting people there, or anything.

ANY and all advice is welcome, but telling me to just introduce myself randomly to people isn't going to work :/

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblefngbronco
Monkey Man
Male

Re: Making friends in a new town [Re: Busted]
    #14994778 - 08/29/11 04:35 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Why won't it work? I've met some really interesting folks while drinking in a bar and randomly talking to them, then again I'm in the west and things are different I guess. Give it shot, not like you can lose a friend you haven't got!

--------------------
I challenge you to challenge yourself more! When you feel complacent and ready to hang it up, challenge yourself to get over it! If you fail, don't look at it as you didn't succeed, look at it as you would a rock face you're trying to climb. Stand back, wayyyy back, and look at it and plot another path. If you can't find one, shuffle down the way a little, a little change of scenery or a view from a different angle may give you the insight you need.

Anything I state is relayed information from a friend of a friend and should be viewed as completely fictitious. I do not partake in any illegal or grey-area-of-the-law activities, but do have lots of friends who may or may not.    -fngbronco

Pill Divider Agar Tek

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

Re: Making friends in a new town [Re: fngbronco]
    #14996660 - 08/29/11 03:32 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Your in luck. I have moved many times in my life to many far away regions.

-bars
-music events
-gym
-get into a college class
-work
-get into a darts league
-raves
-RAVES
-volunteer somewhere...

InvisibleWise Toad
 User Gallery

Re: Making friends in a new town [Re: dshow]
    #14996673 - 08/29/11 03:35 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Fuck friends, all you need is drugs, computer, and shroomery. Iv had many friends ad nauseum, eventually I ditched my phone and decided fuckit, all I want is my sweet solitude

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

#14996698 - 08/29/11 03:39 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Most popular places to meet other people are school and work.

OfflineLed Zeppelin
Tripper

#14996828 - 08/29/11 03:57 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

ya the first week or so after moving sucks but after you meet just 1 person, youll meet that persons friends and their friends etc

OfflineBusted
Male User Gallery

Re: Making friends in a new town [Re: Wise Toad]
    #15017096 - 09/02/11 01:32 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fngbronco said:
Why won't it work? I've met some really interesting folks while drinking in a bar and randomly talking to them, then again I'm in the west and things are different I guess. Give it shot, not like you can lose a friend you haven't got!

> not 21 yet.

Quote:

dshow said:
Your in luck. I have moved many times in my life to many far away regions.

-bars
-music events
-gym
-get into a college class
-work
-get into a darts league
-raves
-RAVES
-volunteer somewhere...

None of that is available here without driving upwards of 10 miles, and I haven't got a car.  Closest rave I could get to is in the city, and if I'm getting fucked up there, I have no idea how I'm getting back home

Quote:

Wise Toad said:
Fuck friends, all you need is drugs, computer, and shroomery. Iv had many friends ad nauseum, eventually I ditched my phone and decided fuckit, all I want is my sweet solitude

Starting to get bored of it.  Also, I don't have drug suppliers in the area, and I'm on supervisory treatment so I get drug tested every other month.

Offlinedshow
Nomad
 User Gallery

#15017249 - 09/02/11 02:07 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Don't know what to tell you bud. You dont have too many choices. Do one.

OfflineBusted
Male User Gallery

#15031755 - 09/05/11 11:46 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I'm struggling to figure out what those choices are, it's looking as if I don't have any but to sit in my room and keep to myself.

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
    #15032318 - 09/05/11 01:43 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Work sounds like the go. Join a local sport team or something. If you want friends you'll do something to find them.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Topicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being