Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1501179 - 04/28/03 03:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

But, right or wrong. You KNOW drugs are illegal...Dont use/make/grow/sell them, and you cant be arrested for it, right?

To me getting arrested has nothing to do with it. I use ethnobotanicals, and always will, they are a spiritual tool for me. Its the fact that i am a responsible user, and contribute as much as any other citizen that bugs me. Because of such i might one day go to jail as a criminal.

Its not enough to compare to other ways of life and say "well thats ok, im still better off than so and so..." It grows from the ground and i consume it, to better myself and expand my conciousness. No one should be able to punish me for this, and just because someone will, doesn't mean i must respect that point of veiw.....

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1501323 - 04/28/03 04:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Lemme just make it clear that I in NO way, shape, or form support the sick and twisted drug laws of this country. I was merely making the point that, right or wrong, some substances ARE illegal. The laws are a matter of public record, and the police must, to some extent, play by a book of rules. This is, while maybe not a rarity, far from the norm in the world today.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblewingnutx

Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1501423 - 04/28/03 04:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The time to start shooting is when the political process is irreparable.

Some people think that time is already upon us. People like Tim McVeigh, Aryan Nations, and a few people on this thread.

If Bush refused to leave office after being voted out then I would have no qualms with taking up arms. He will go peacefully just like every president before him, though.

As for Ashcroft, I don't like him, but he's hardly the worst we've had to deal with. We survived Reno, we'll survive Ashcroft. Both asked for laundry-lists of enhanced powers, Ashcroft was lucky enough to get handed one by the legislature. I don't expect most of it to survive the SCOTUS. At least he hasn't had the justice dept set any kids on fire.

Bottom line: this administration will leave peacefully after 4 or 8 years. No need to shoot anyone. Meantime, my guns help ensure my personal freedom from bodily harm.

MMmmmmmmm, Bushmaster :smile:

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1501432 - 04/28/03 04:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well written.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
    #1502024 - 04/28/03 07:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>>>When are the gun owners gonna use 'em?

When they come to take them it'll be out of my cold dead hands. Remember a revolution is a bloody undertaking. Now, we have elections and voting, much better than cival war and bloodshed. But you can only push a man so far. Remember that lesson learned from the revolutionary war. All the intolerable acts the English inflicted on the colonists, they even stationed English soldiers in peoples homes! But even that didn't spark the revolution. Lexington and Concord started off as a British gun grab. This is the same measure I decided to go with. If our government becomes tyranical and confiscates guns I will use them in defence of liberty and freedom. God bless George Washington and all of his and my guns.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Edited by Ellis Dee (04/28/03 08:02 PM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1502096 - 04/28/03 08:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i only have one thing to say***deleted by Rono...user warned***, the truth is, no american has to explain why we still have guns to you. you dont have a say here, like i dont there. lets keep it that way.

hehe musta been a good post before it got edited. I wasn't judging anybody for having guns, I was inquiring how guns were going to stop the government from going too far in a practical way.

Last time I checked, Mexico or Canada didnt have an illegal immigrant from America problem. Eh?

Well, we're getting a trickle of refugees.. it's a trend that could continue and maybe pick up speed as Marc Emery encourages it and the current ones are successful.

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1502145 - 04/28/03 08:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes, recently there has been a huge influx of arab refugees from america. who are scared of being persecuted in the states....and dont want to have arab ID cards.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1502228 - 04/28/03 08:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Your harboring terrorists! *Bang* *Bang*

--------------------
This space for rent

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
    #1502474 - 04/28/03 09:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I personally believe that keeping weapons to preserve some "freedom" is a poor argument for the necessity of gun ownership.
It doesnt make much sense.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: TheCaptain]
    #1502493 - 04/28/03 09:40 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

How so?

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1502528 - 04/28/03 09:45 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

But thats just the thing...it IS a freedom. Guaranteed by the constitution. Now, if they somehow went and made that out of date, then maybe the argument is wrong. But as long as the constitution is the law of the land, I dont see how you can say a person does NOT have the right to a firearm...

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1502574 - 04/28/03 09:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't seen anybody say that you shouldn't have the right to own a firearm.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1502595 - 04/28/03 09:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think that CERTAIN people shouldn't be allowed to have firearms, such as schizophrenics and convicted felons.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

#1502597 - 04/28/03 09:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

the constitution also stated that a black man was 2/3's a white man

--------------------

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1502599 - 04/28/03 09:59 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That wasn't the Constitution. And by the way, it's 3/5, not 2/3. It was called the Three-Fifths Compromise.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (04/28/03 10:00 PM)

Offlineatomikfunksoldier

Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: silversoul7]
    #1502609 - 04/28/03 10:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

whatever........same shit

--------------------

OfflineTheCaptain
addict

Loc: Canada
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: z@z.com]
    #1502651 - 04/28/03 10:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well... there are a lot of factors in having a gun to "preserve your freedom."

The biggest IMO is the fact that gun ownership would be the last domino to fall in some government conspiracy. As are seeing, basic rights are being altered in many cases to prevent due process (at least thats my impression). For the most part, people dont seem to care- or if they do, arent doing much about it. Potentially, if the government wanted to remove ownership rights, they would not one day declare all gun owners the enemy and start making the rounds collecting arms. Its this slow erosion that we are seeing now which is the real threat to freedom.

Secondly, consider the technology improvements we have seen since ownership became a right. For the most part, the ability to rise up using guns was an option because civilian arms and military arms werent that different. The wealth of weaponry and resources (tracking, surveilance, etc...) the government commands far exceeds anything the population can pull off.

Theres some more I wantedto say, but im running on 2 hours sleep and 15 cups of coffee right about now. Maybe I'll come back to it. Sorry if any of the above is incoherent or poor spelling.

--------------------
"I mean, it's real hard to be free when you are bought and sold in the marketplace. 'Course, don't ever tell anybody that they're not free 'cause then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are."

Invisiblewingnutx

#1502673 - 04/28/03 10:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

whatever........same shit

That is why it is hard to take you seriously.

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: wingnutx]
    #1505278 - 04/29/03 04:48 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Because he got the 2/3 mixed up with 3/5?! :confused:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: When are the gun owners gonna use 'em? [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1505285 - 04/29/03 04:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No because he said it was the same thing.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds