Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
British Columbia's crumbling infrastructure
    #1498138 - 04/27/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I dont know whats going on where ever you are from, but here in BC, things are beginning to change.

-the baby boomers are retiring in hoardes, which is freeing up thousands of jobs related to social infrastructure (civil service, middle management etc)
-but the problem is, the new generation of university grads isnt interested in those kinds of jobs, people dont want to work 9-5's anymore, or be tied down by long-term "careers"
-instead, lots of people are opting for seasonal employment, which allows for more freedom and mobility.
-but the problem is....there is a drastic need for people to fill these infrastructure positions, and there will be major problems if they dont get filled.
-so the government is trying to encourage immagrants to fill these positions, but they arent able to meet various requirements (language, social knowledge etc)
-all of this is further stimulated by the fact that people who are interested in these types of jobs, with related degrees are moving out of BC, to ontario and alberta.

so there are too many hipsters in this province and not enough squares....whats going to happen? and how will this effect the evolution of british columbian culture?

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: British Columbia's crumbling infrastructure [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1498966 - 04/27/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really see the relevance of this post to this forum, but hey, what the heck. 

So you're saying there's alot of social infastructure jobs available?  I think I might be a great candidate to fill one of those positions. 

To answer your question of how will this affect the evolution of B.C., well I'm guessing that the "seasonal" job market that you speak of will become saturated and people will be forced back into the social infastructure jobs out of necessity. 

Either that or all hell will break loose.    Trash won't be picked up, roads will decay, ambulances will be empty, but hell, at least the ski resorts will be booming. :grin:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale