Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedu_Rag_scotland
journeyman
extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable?
    #1498849 - 04/27/03 08:09 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I have found a E.B. supplier here in the U.K. that sell opium poppies (Papaver somniferum) They are completly untreated so all the good stuff is intact. How would I go about extracting th opium and making it smokable?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: du_Rag_scotland]
    #1498920 - 04/27/03 08:39 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

try this for refining raw opium into smoked opium.

Harvest your latex after the petals have fallen off.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: neuro]
    #1499631 - 04/28/03 12:34 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

i think he wanted to know if it was possible to extract the the opium from dried pods and make it smokeable.  and to my knowledge it is not.  :smile:  peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineTheGanjaGorilla
Shiitake head

Loc: N.E. Indy
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: du_Rag_scotland]
    #1500035 - 04/28/03 04:56 AM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I've heard of collecting the latex, and making smokable opium, but only from a freash pod.

If the pods were dry, I think you'll be better off making tea. From what I've read, you will absorb more of the alkaloids using tea, than you would by smoking it. Although, you'll have to wait for about an hour for the effects to hit ya.

--------------------
"Whateva I do what I want..." Eric Catman

"Whateva, I do what I want..." Eric Cartman

TheGanjaGorilla.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #1500798 - 04/28/03 01:41 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

well now,
if you were to examine the solubilities of the alkaloids and other chemiclas found in poppy pods (morphine, codeine, thebaine, papaverine, etc... vs sugars, starches, protein, etc...), and figure out a decent solvent that will extract the desired chems & leave behind the useless stuff (say, perhaps, anhydrous methanol), one could imagine soaking the ground pods in methanol (warning: poisonous; may cause blindness!!!) for a week, straining & adding fresh MeOH, then eventually combining the alcohol extracts & driving off the methanol (repeat above warning; avoid breathing vapors or skin contact) until naught remaineth but a puddle of brownish goo... this goo would have to be carefully vaporized & tested for any pain-killing properties (or delivered to a laboratory for TLC ananlysis...)
theoretically speaking, as the man sez...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinesuperspore
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: gnrm23]
    #1501226 - 04/28/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

wouldn't a simple water or alcohol extraction work? Just evaporate the water/alcohol after?

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: superspore]
    #1501524 - 04/28/03 05:19 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

Make a tea.

--------------------

OfflineBob_J
Spaced outRabbit

Loc: alberta canada
Re: extracting the opium from dried opium poppies. smokable? [Re: rommstein2001]
    #1501564 - 04/28/03 05:31 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

you can make a extract but it will be morphine not opium as far as i know. i tried to make a extract with the pods and boiling water. it looks like good thai opium but it has a different smell and taste. doesnt seem to get me high when i smoked it though, and several others have done the same with similar results.
tea is easy to make. ive done it 3 times, 2 times i od'd or something...puked, became extremely sweaty, horrible (and i mean HORRIBLE) stomach pains. i would have called a ambulance the last time i did it but i could not reach the phone from the floor. ive heard many people having a great time on it though, its just not for me. im never doing it again though. just take a bit and work your way up....also be careful where you get it from. different suppliers have different pods of varying potency if you want some good info on that kind of thing go to:

www.poppies.org

--------------------

"With insomnia your never really asleep, and your never really awake"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom