Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Poppies?
    #1496688 - 04/26/03 07:57 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Which variety is the best overall? I think you know what I'm getting at :smile:

The huge chinese white variety looks cool.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Poppies? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1496714 - 04/26/03 08:11 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

tazmaian, hens and chicks, persian whites are all cool.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Edited by gdman420 (04/26/03 08:12 PM)

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Loc: San Antonio, TX
Re: Poppies? [Re: gdman]
    #1496737 - 04/26/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

it depends if you want a few HUGE pods or a bunch of smaller ones. the alkaloid content isnt signifigently different between varietys. also there are some that are more acclamated to cold or heat. i would guess small ones are better for tea and big ones for bleeding but thats just a guess. peace

blaze2

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Poppies? [Re: blaze2]
    #1496835 - 04/26/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

small ones are better for tea and big ones for bleeding but thats just a guess.  peace

blaze2 

Good guess! Thanks, I hadn't looked at it like that :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

#1497141 - 04/27/03 12:13 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

your welcome :smile:  good luck with growing them i wish i had time and space for some good ol' poppies. for aestetic reasons only of course 

--------------------
"Religion without science is blind, Science without religion is lame." Albert Einstein

"peace is not maintained through force it is acheived through intelligence." Albert Einstein

"Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
Thomas Jefferson

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." --Thomas Jefferson

Offlinemile69
wonderer/wanderer ૐ
 User Gallery

Loc: other side of the world
Re: Poppies? [Re: blaze2]
    #1497725 - 04/27/03 11:10 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

which poppies would be better suited for warmer climates? and we are talking about papavars right? just curious.

Offlineblaze2
The Witness
Male

Re: Poppies? [Re: mile69]
    #1498567 - 04/27/03 06:22 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

all tru poppies are in the family of papaveracea(sp?) then there is the genus of papaver, among others in this family, which contains papaver somniferum, papaver gigantum(sp?) has HUGE pods, and one other that i cant put my finger on. the opium poppys. then they have many "varieties" of papaver somniferum which are bred for different temps and sizes and colors, even flavor since this plant is what is the same one used on poppy seed bagels and all that. i dont know personally which varieties are better suited for warm climates. but i would guess its on the net somewhere. peace

blaze2

--------------------

Thomas Jefferson

Offlinewyldtouch69
You heard ofhell well i wassent from it

#1498837 - 04/27/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

www.alchemyworks.com

good opium poppy selection... or at least that's what a friend of a friend tells me

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag