Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: American Propaganda [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1501297 - 04/28/03 05:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

why do you think 1441 didn't specify military action?
because if it did, it would have been vetoed.
and if 1441 ruled out military action, it wouldn't have been supported by the US.
"serious consequences" is intentionally ambiguous so no one would object to it.

this kind of thing happens all the time in politics.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: American Propaganda [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1501310 - 04/28/03 05:15 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

By leaving it out, the door was left open for any "serious consequences."

Would you sign a contract with that clause in it?

Are the French and the Russians so stupid as to not have understood what that meant? Or at least that it was a possibility? If so then they shouldn't be on the security council at all.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #1501335 - 04/28/03 05:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"Are the French and the Russians so stupid as to not have understood what that meant? "

So, by your same logic...Are the American so STUPID as to not have changed the wording to read exactly "Use of Force"? I mean, since your so completely positive that "Everyone Knew What It Meant".

If EVERYONE knew what it meant, they probably would have just gone out and said it, yes?

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1501358 - 04/28/03 05:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

"Are the French and the Russians so stupid as to not have understood what that meant? "

So, by your same logic...Are the American so STUPID as to not have changed the wording to read exactly "Use of Force"? I mean, since your so completely positive that "Everyone Knew What It Meant".

If EVERYONE knew what it meant, they probably would have just gone out and said it, yes?

Why would the US want to change a term in the resolution that was what they wanted in the first place?

The US knew exactly what leaving the ambiguity in the resolution meant.

I'll ask again.... do you think the French and Russians are so stupid they didn't know?

Also.... do you think they would do the same if they felt it was in thier best interests?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #1501360 - 04/28/03 05:25 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Exactly. the wording: "serious consequences" was carefully selected to mean either. it's ambiguous. so it satisfies both sides and passes without too much of a fight. The French and Russians probably understood that America would use force, but they would have never signed a resolution that actually, specifically authorized force.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: infidelGOD]
    #1501366 - 04/28/03 05:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Exactly. the wording: "serious consequences" was carefully selected to mean either. it's ambiguous. so it satisfies both sides and passes without too much of a fight. The French and Russians probably understood that America would use force, but they would have never signed a resolution that actually, specifically authorized force.

Exactly.

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1501467 - 04/28/03 06:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

hehe.....its funny when american dont know what really happened in the world wars, and they think america just swept in and won the wars.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1501471 - 04/28/03 06:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Is there some reason you're incapable of responding to the right person?

--------------------

Offlineatomikfunksoldier
T'was born oftrue in the yearof the cock!

Loc: a human-infested anthill
    #1501502 - 04/28/03 06:13 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yes, i am enlightened and I no longer possess the ability to distinguish humans as individuals, because I realize that everything in this reality is interconnects, and that the "self" is an illusion.

--------------------
enjoy the entertaining indentity i have constructed for you while you can.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: American Propaganda [Re: atomikfunksoldier]
    #1501527 - 04/28/03 06:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You gotta admit that thats a pretty good answer luvdemshrooms.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: American Propaganda [Re: z@z.com]
    #1501546 - 04/28/03 06:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

You gotta admit that thats a pretty good answer luvdemshrooms.

Yes, it's the kind of answer I would have loved to think of.
(even if it's total bullshit, which is what makes it so good)

Kudos to you funky.
(click the right reply anyway, would you?)

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (04/28/03 06:28 PM)

OfflineNoamchomsky
sociolistos
Loc: Hell, texas, Hell
    #1501717 - 04/28/03 07:11 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Have any of you *** Edited by Evolving *** ever read Noam chomsky. Only *** Edited by Evolving *** have listened can you in any way coment on propaganda. CeeEssGee, and Innvertigo are very fucking anoying. *** Edited by Evolving *** This is in response to your coments on military intelligence. War solves no more than a government solves. Granted I am being a total ass hole but you really should read some noam chomsky before you even talk about politics. Hes a profeser at MIT and I consider him to be the most important intelectual at the current date. Sociolism is democracy, mixed with an economic style where the rich have to give back just as much as they take away. Thus creating a society that actually works. Anyways, America sucks, and so do conservitives and *** Edited by Evolving *** who make coments that are not suported by rational thought.

*** Attention ***
This is the second post of yours that I have read and that I have had to edit. Keep this up and you will be banned. Please read the political forum rules.

Thank You,

Evolving

Edited by Evolving (04/28/03 07:38 PM)

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Noamchomsky]
    #1501720 - 04/28/03 07:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Chomsky is an idiot.

Edit: why don't you smoke a few bowls and chill out before you post again.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by z@z.com (04/28/03 07:14 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
    #1501753 - 04/28/03 07:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

wow, yet another example of our failing public education system...keep it up genius :grin:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (04/28/03 07:27 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: American Propaganda [Re: z@z.com]
    #1501758 - 04/28/03 07:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

he's a puppet that's too much of a coward to actually use his "real" username...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

#1501762 - 04/28/03 07:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Where's Rono?

Save us O mighty one!

--------------------

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
    #1501823 - 04/28/03 07:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Granted I am being a total ass hole

Yes.

Quote:

you really should read some noam chomsky before you even talk about politics. Hes a profeser at MIT and I consider him to be the most important intelectual at the current date.

Oh, I see, so if we haven't read any material from this ONE professor, we're complete idiots? Let's just disregard the countless other profs who are for and against this issue (What is the issue, anyway? I can't even remember after being subjected to that drivel.)

Quote:

Anyways, America sucks, and so do conservitives and *** Edited by Evolving *** who make coments that are not suported by rational thought.

Yeah, because your "argument" is so stable. I happen to like America. Why? Because I'm able to make posts making fun of idiots like you on a message board dedicated to imbibing illicit narcotics.

Crawl back in to your cave and save yourself the embarassment of trying to reply.

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: American Propaganda [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1501872 - 04/28/03 08:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Why is that rediculous? Do you have any proof otherwise, or is this another case of you dismissing something because it doesn't fall into your personal realm of experience?

There's scientific evidence that condoms work 99% of the time.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1501893 - 04/28/03 08:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Quote:

Why is that rediculous? Do you have any proof otherwise, or is this another case of you dismissing something because it doesn't fall into your personal realm of experience?

There's scientific evidence that condoms work 99% of the time.

No, definitely not 99% of the time. That's about the effectiveness of condoms and birth control pill COMBINED.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: American Propaganda [Re: Cracka_X]
    #1501920 - 04/28/03 08:29 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well prove it chief.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

General Interest >> Political Discussion